• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

The Next US Splatfest: ART VS SCIENCE

Siege

Inkling
Oof, no need to beat yourself up friend. It's not exactly a game anyone can just pick up and play. It takes time, effort and dedication to get up there. If you play a little bit a day, and just practice I'm sure you'll get the hang of it and soon be on your way to supporting your team more than you ever imagined. This game is surprisingly deep, so, it's going to take a little while to get comfortable with your weapon, gear, maps and controls. I'd just suggest knowing what you want to do before you play. I'm more of a defensive player, I stay back and ensure my team mates are safe, if that means killing off the enemy or whatever it may be. Truth is, before I met my handy dandy Heavy Splatling I wasn't really able to do it to the best of my abilities. I'm not huge on being in the front lines. However, the second the Heavy Splatling came out, that all changed, and I realized the best weapon this game could possibly bestow on me had fell right into my hands. So, don't worry, you've just gotta roll with the punches and get up and try harder. I promise you'll get the hang of it. :]
Thanks. I used to be good at the game when it came out, but I don't think I have the time to play it on a regular basis again and get good. My friends aren't playing it anymore either. Think this is the end for me.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
At least this Splatfest I didn't have matches interrupted by crappy connections dropping from the other players.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
That was incredibly close! I was honestly expecting Team Art to have dominated popularity due to the number of times I had to face my own team in battle. Though I must say that connection issues were a drag since I ended up getting kicked out of good teams or losing good teammates as well.

Overall, I'd say that this was quite a Splatfest to behold.

Oh, and guess what? First NA Splatfest where one team got both categories in the bag! Granted, it wasn't as overwhelming as I expected, but I called this one anyway.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
GRAAAAHHHHGABLARGA! I like both options of course, so the reason I chose science was because I was sure it was gonna win. I don't like supporting Marie, but I don't like not having won a single splatfest even more. Well now I just doublely lose...

Also, I'm calling rigged! Had teammates getting dropped left and right, to the point where I'd sometimes be the only one left. And of course it was always the next best player to get cut. For a time I too was getting dropped every other game. Final straw was when I actually got into a lobby with Imperious members, and before we could play a single game together the lobby crashed. It's like the game just went like "lol nope, no dream team fo u!"

This was definitely the worst Splatfest for me yet. <(T_T<)
I was on art. Disconnections are equal opportunists evil. They don't care who they hurt. ;;

This is pretty funny, though.

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
YAY for art! Most of the people I know on competitive teams chose science so I thought they would win for sure. Nice to know me and my winning streaks pulled through for art even if most of the time I was just ****ing around using weapons I never use lol.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Welp... four losses. Once again, I feel like I'm being shot down all for having an opinion.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I'm glad it was close. Great job everyone.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
If you go to nwplayer123's Twitter, you can read what the quote would be had the other team won. Sadly only has quotes from Marshmallows vs Hotdogs and onwards (including Art vs Science) and not before though you have to dig in the backlog for those.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777

Damn, Marie, I know we lost, but you don't need to be so mean.
Marie, you know, salted squid is a delicacy in some places. :P Also, commissions are a thing for artists. They've got jobs, too.

Anyway, MAN, that was ridiculously close! A 2% win in winning percentage! (There's also popularity, but you know how I feel about it. :P)

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Marie, you know, salted squid is a delicacy in some places. :p Also, commissions are a thing for artists. They've got jobs, too.

Anyway, MAN, that was ridiculously close! A 2% win in winning percentage! (There's also popularity, but you know how I feel about it. :p)
Best part about being a plush artist is no one complains that I charge for them as people see I have to have physical materials. Sometimes when I need help deciding what color materials are the most accurate I show them the link to the fabric and they see for themselves how much I pay for the materials.

I did chose science because I mentioned before how frustrating it is for me to make things look good and sometimes not get much of an audience for them but I have no regrets for choosing science anyway as I was one of the students that people asked me for help for.

Best part is now I can finally draw Miiverse posts again without fearing being told that I am wrong for doing so because I was not on Team Art. I just like so many science related characters, especially Lash from the Advance Wars series.

Last edited:

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Victory! :D

...so did anyone else feel like it couldn't have possibly been 51-49?
Popularity wise I got paired up right away with the opposing team and did not have to wait so I was surprised about the split.

Win wise it was a toss up, I got some wins there, some loses there. This is definitely the closest percentage wise as otherwise it would not add up to 100% for either popularity or wins.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
Popularity wise I got paired up right away with the opposing team and did not have to wait so I was surprised about the split.

Win wise it was a toss up, I got some wins there, some loses there. This is definitely the closest percentage wise as otherwise it would not add up to 100% for either popularity or wins.
In Eastern timezone, I played from like... 2 PM to 7 PM, and then 11:30 PM to 12.
Popularity, I matched up with other Team Arts several times in that 2-7 range. And finding a Science took forever. I also lost most of my matches vs. Science dudes until I finally got paired with the few competent people on Team Art. The other Team Art guys I played were pretty crappy, so I thought Team Art had really bad players.

11:30 on we won everything but that wouldn't affect much.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
In Eastern timezone, I played from like... 2 PM to 7 PM, and then 11:30 PM to 12.
Popularity, I matched up with other Team Arts several times in that 2-7 range. And finding a Science took forever. I also lost most of my matches vs. Science dudes until I finally got paired with the few competent people on Team Art. The other Team Art guys I played were pretty crappy, so I thought Team Art had really bad players.

11:30 on we won everything but that wouldn't affect much.
Everyone always seems to say that they had bad teammates. Can't really rely on anecdotal evidence until the end.
Except for Autobots lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom