The Next US Splatfest: ART VS SCIENCE

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Finally made it. For awhile every time I got a team that had a good balance of people who could ink, people who could kill, and people with good awareness, I got DC'd.
That was happening to me A LOT during this Splatfest. It got annoying. Our team would do well then "The connection has been lost" 7 times consecutively that happened (I reset my modem after the fourth and returned for the final 3).

My teams have been doing rather well this Splatfest. We've constantly roflstomped the Science peeps (minus the few times WE were roflstomped). Shoot, during two games on Hammerhead, we pushed the other team to their spawn. It was glorious. That will never happen outside of Splatfest though. There have been close games...

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
I normally work on Splatfest days, but today I have off and my wife is working all day. I figured I would take advantage of this considering I haven't played much Splatoon lately.

Had a heavy win streak.... Till I got to defender and literally hit the worst, AND I MEAN WORST lose streak in my Splatoon career. I don't know how many I lost in a row but I know it was over 10. It was so absolutely frustration and miserable that I started to doubt my entire pleasure in this game. It was like having God himself tell you he isn't real but I'm still going to burn in hell for eternity (Obviously I didn't get that upset over a video game) but my Lord it was AGGRAVATING!

Did what most experienced gamers do best. I took a break. Came back, changed my weapon into the Slosher and started to win again. Unfortunately my controller is low on batteries and I'm to lazy to hardline it, so I'm ganna get King title for the first time ever tonight and have fun.

Either way goes, if you win 'Team Science' then it's deserved, you have some great players on tonight.

Efuramu

Inkling
NNID
FireEmblemGamer
During this whole Splatfest I'd say most matches have been won because of Roflstomping. People seem to be very aggressive this time.

SleuthMechanism

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SleuthMechanism
One thing i noticed is that us art peeps dominated on hammerhead and bluefin depot but suddenly science tended to become the scariest thing ever on blackbelly skatepark. weird.. anyway, first splatfest for me and it was fun. I played until i got to queen today.

Insomniac Wolf

Inkling
NNID
WolfTTS
My Science bros have been getting wrekt all day... Sigh.
Good news is I reached King this morning at 6AM though, so at least I got the rewards.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I think that's just bad luck, I bounced between multiple teams and only lost 2 matches (i could've sworn at least two of the matches I won had a member DC and I didn't notice). Or vice versa. Can any team science members give verification?
I mean, I went on a 30 win streak, as you can see in my image on page 3, with about 10 different teams. Perhaps I just got lucky and got all the good science friends, lol, either that or I carried every single one of them. So, I'm sure there are plenty of good Science buds out there, it's just the luck of the draw. It's bound to be happening on both sides.

Minato Arisato

Senior Squid
I think I'll play for the last few hours of Splatfest. Gotta help out my fellow Science buddies. They sound like they could really use it right about now.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I think I'll play for the last few hours of Splatfest. Gotta help out my fellow Science buddies. They sound like they could really use it right about now.
Same. I'll have more time to step in then compared to now. It feels pretty 50/50 overall from my end. Those random disconnects, lag, and missing players are the real enemy though.

RedEnchilada

Inkling
NNID
RedEnchilada
I dunno if I'm just playing after all the Science players left or what, but I'm getting tons of Art/Art matches.I wonder if that's any indication of how the popular vote will go...

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
I've been consistently doing great in terms of splat ratios! I keep having matches where I get 5-10 splats and only get splatted 1-3 times a match. I've gotten up to Art Queen/Psuedo-King (I'm playing and drawing myself as a female for now, BTW). I even did it with a blaster (Tentatek Splattershot), and I main rollers instead.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Finally got to Queen rank... by far the worst Splatfest for me in terms of playtime. I think Hammerhead Bridge had something to do with it, along with very quickly losing a very amazing team almost every time.

Oddly, I started to feel a little better about playing on Bluefin, so there's that I guess?

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Heavy Splatling turns out to be AMAZING on Bluefin. Splasha is amazing at low ground control and suppression, allowing my teammates to push the other half while someone helps me gank the guys I'm forcing back.

Rex

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Xerhid
I predict a Science win. My teams and I steamrolled so many times, to produce a 35+ rating or whatever the heck it's called. Believe me, I am only average to good, so this rating indicates something bad for Art.Shout out to one of the dream teams of Vacuum, Jake, and Linki when we won about 15 straight matches until disconnnects. Truly sorry to the Art teams we emasculated.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
One thing i noticed is that us art peeps dominated on hammerhead and bluefin depot but suddenly science tended to become the scariest thing ever on blackbelly skatepark. weird.. anyway, first splatfest for me and it was fun. I played until i got to queen today.
Blackbelly wasn't in the rotation, you're thinking of Urchin Underpass

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I predict a Science win. My teams and I steamrolled so many times, to produce a 35+ rating or whatever the heck it's called. Believe me, I am only average to good, so this rating indicates something bad for Art.Shout out to one of the dream teams of Vacuum, Jake, and Linki when we won about 15 straight matches until disconnnects. Truly sorry to the Art teams we emasculated.
I second this. Art started to get derpy and I was starting to go on a losing streak (dying WAY too much, not being smart about super jumping,, etc). Odd thing is, we were wiping the floor with Team Science earlier. Welp, GG everyone...

Minato Arisato

Senior Squid
Hey, don't sell yourselves short there, Art people. I've seen a lot of really fantastic players on the Art side. Whoever wins the Splatfest, no hard feelings, okay?

Also, I did notice Science people dominate Urchin Underpass most of the time. Jeez, they're aggressive...

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
It might balance out to more 50/50 ish on wins, but Art clearly has the popularity advantage. And if even if it is close on wins, it probably won't overcome the popularity. But, hey, I could be wrong. Maybe Science is tearing it up with other teams. I remember some decepticon teams complaining about losing streaks and they won A LOT.

The ΩS

Retired
NNID
Renwin
I'm done for the night. Thanks to work, only got as far as Science Defender and this "DC into failing groups" concept doesn't help my mood right now. They should make Splatfest Saturday and Sunday cause can't get any progress on one day unless I do something drastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom