• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tower Control Launches for Ranked Battle Tomorrow!

Get your suckers ready for a new kind of battle! This week, Ranked Battle gains an additional gametype. This new mode, dubbed "Tower Control," will rotate alongside Splat Zones in Ranked Battle.

"Once someone jumps onto the tower, it starts moving along a set path toward the other team’s goal. If the tower doesn’t arrive at either goal before time runs out, the team that’s moved it closest toward their opponent’s goal wins. Ride the tower all the way into the other team’s goal though, and you’ll get a decisive knockout victory."

Tower Control will become available in Ranked Battle in North America tomorrow, July 1st at 7PM Pacific. In Europe, the mode will launch on the 2nd.

Let us know what you think about the new mode when it launches! Check out our Ranked Battle discussion thread to chat about this new mode or leave your thoughts in the comments below.

TheRapture

Comments

Oh man, a new Ranked Battle mode! I don't actually like playing on Ranked because I feel more pressured to up my rank and vibe compared to Regular, but I'll still try to play it when this becomes available.

The Tumblr also mentioned a Twitch Stream at 6 PM ET with the Nintendo Treehouse demoing the mode, so I'll be sure to catch that and see how it pans out.

Oh man, a new Ranked Battle mode! I don't actually like playing on Ranked because I feel more pressured to up my rank and vibe compared to Regular, but I'll still try to play it when this becomes available.

The Tumblr also mentioned a Twitch Stream at 6 PM ET with the Nintendo Treehouse demoing the mode, so I'll be sure to catch that and see how it pans out.
A stream? Thanks!

As a guy who usually has no idea what he's doing in Splat Zones, but still manages to pull out a victory, I can honestly say I'm absolutely terrified for this mode! (>o<)

Why does it rotate between Splatzones and Tower Control? Once Rainmaker comes out you'll have to wait 8 hours to play the same game mode. Who thought this was a good idea?

Why does it rotate between Splatzones and Tower Control? Once Rainmaker comes out you'll have to wait 8 hours to play the same game mode. Who thought this was a good idea?
Wait a moment it actually will rotate between Splat Zones and Tower Control? :c

While maintenance for Tower Control is going on, how long will it last?

kinda upset that it is swapped with splatzones for certain time periods, meaning i can still only play 2 different modes at a time. i wish they would have given you the option to pick between the individual ranked modes, so that way the game offers more variety in one sitting

Rotation... really? Rotating maps is one thing but not having the option to play an entire game mode for X hours is a really stupid idea and bad game design. August truly can't come fast enough.

It's stupid if its on rotate. Different modes should be chosen on what you want to play. Fair enough if they share the same grading system. What if I dont want to play one or the other.

The thing is though that Nintendo is most likely trying to not divide the player base. If we had turd war, splat zone, and tower control all available at the same time that's like dividing the players by 3 instead of 2 (just generalizing, it won't split evenly to 3 parts). This could mean people may have harder times to fill their lobbies, which has already been a problem.

Three queues is not a lot, it'll be fine. And really I don't mind waiting a minute or two, better than waiting four hours. Isn't that why they put in Squid Jump anyway?

Guess that means I'll be playing turf war when tower mode isn't in rotation. Tower control looks 100x more fun than splatzones.

As a charger main, I think this may be a good mode for me! Whether I'm useful to my team in Splatzones or not useful at all is really determined by the stage... and how tired I am.

Ok, mostly how tired I am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom