• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Ver 2.2.0 Patch notes out

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
I think it was already possible to make the Splattershots take an extra shot with Defense Ups, although I'm not sure if it required 2 mains or 3 >_>
If I remember correctly, it takes 2 Defense Up mains to make the Splattershots take 4 shots instead of 3 shots to splat someone right now.

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
The regular Rollers didn't really need the nerf (Dynamo deserved it), but I don't think it will make too much of a difference, just have to aim a bit better. I'm one of the few to use the regular Splat Roller, so my sub+special didn't get affected. Overall, I agree with most of these changes.

Phlox

Senior Squid
NNID
PhloxofBirds
I don't believe this was mentioned, but now Sloshers are 33% better at breaking the Rainmaker's shield. I want to see how this works out and if you can hit the shield and other people on the other side of the shield at the same time. Might be worth looking into.

SydVicious

Inkling
NNID
Rugal-Bernistein
Well,my time im play Splatoon is good,but i dont play this more.

I dont accept the nerf in Dynamo roller,is unfair nerf

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
Well,my time im play Splatoon is good,but i dont play this more.

I dont accept the nerf in Dynamo roller,is unfair nerf
You should try playing a gun sometimes, it's pretty fun in a TPS you know.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Wow, i didn't expect things to get this drastic? I personally didn't think basic rollers needed a (big) nerf, though. I have a feeling now that E-Liters have been nerfed. e-liter mains will head en masse to the regular splatterscope now that bomb rush is getting even more powerful.
Seriously though, i'm so happy Splash Wall is getting finally nerfed. Combined with the (rather huge) Kraken nerf and i'll wonder how the .96 Gal Deco will still work after the patch. Guessing there will be a lot more Dual Squelchers after the patch.

The biggest concern for me now is that it's much easier to stay in S and S+ than before.

And uh,

Tower control -When neither team has the Rainmaker, the Special gauge will automatically charge graudally for the losing team

Is it just me or are there are a few glaring errors in this patch list? It also says that the damage for the blaster AoE shot caps at 100.0 but the video earlier shown displays 99.9.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
It's actually a bit annoying to see a lot of people acting as if rollers are going to be useless now. Seeing those types of reactions does kind of motivate me though. I can say that I am going to have some fun on Monday bringing my roller with me and showing people what rollers can do when used well. :)

The nerf on rollers actually isn't that bad. I'm a roller main and I agree with the nerfs we were given. To be quite frank, I didn't even know that we were able to 1 hit kill with the side of our rollers. I had never even noticed it before since most of the time, I'm either killing with my splash or killing with the center of my roller. It does explain a few odd double kills I've gotten though. o_O I was also not aware that we could splat people when we're out of ink. I always just assumed that we wouldn't be able to since no other weapon can so I never gave it a try. o_O

So let me just say that as a roller main... The nerfs to our weapons is fair.

The nerfs are going to make rollers more balanced and they are needed changes. I'm just going to be very harshly honest right now... If you're complaining about the nerf to rollers, it's probably saying a lot more about your skill level than it is about Nintendo's decision. Right now, it appears that the only thing rollers will have to change is our aim. We just have to be a better aim and can't just swing our rollers mindlessly. However, if you're skilled with a roller, you probably already focus on your aim and don't just swing that thing randomly. The one roller that this nerf actually hurts are the Dynamo rollers. To be honest, a lot of Dynamo users just swing randomly and mindlessly. With this nerf, they'll have to think a little more and work a little more for their kills.

So really... If you're upset over the roller nerf, my only piece of advice is to practice and get skilled with your roller. :)

Super happy about that blaster nerf! They were also a weapon in need of being balanced out.

I dont like shotters,i spend 800 hours of play with Dynamo to nerf my weapon....

Its not fair
The nerf is completely fair. The Dynamos were overpowered and a lot of users were just swinging randomly. The damage nerf done to rollers doesn't actually hurt them very much. You just need to be a bit more careful, think a bit more, and get better with your aim. If other rollers are already focusing on our aim and thinking then you Dynamo users can as well. ^.^" Just practice and you'll get accustomed to the new changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phobos

Inkling Commander
Very interesting. Many of these changes seem very sensible to me, though of course I'm a little sad about the Inkzooka. The Dynamo nerf is inspired.

Eclipsc70

Pro Squid
NNID
EJ_Matthews
Though I would have appreciated it if they buffed the ink brush by increasing its inking capability, Ill take what I can get. 10% aint bad though. Perhaps this will make the ink brush much more ink friendly. Def makes the ink brush the most mobile weapon in the game ^___^

Last edited:

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
The only thing that concerns me with the Dynamo changes is if they rebalanced the damage to be more towards the middle, or just cut off damage on the sides. The Dynamo was strongest when you pointed the handle slightly towards the opponent. It had the best chance of landing kills due to the blob RNG.

If they increased the damage/blob spread to be more linear that would solve its biggest weakness (RNG) and more usable in small corridors (ie: port mackerel). Overall the changes make no big difference. It reduces the number of average players picking up the weapon and getting free kills left and right.

CMFridays

Inkling
Splattershot is actually getting nerfed more than what you'd originally think, since when the balance patch arrives, the splattershots will actually kill in 4 hits if the opponents run 1 defence up main . So Splattershot players are gonna have to waste more of their ability slots on their gear to use for damage ups.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
What the hell am I reading? Am I awake? WTF

EDIT: Gonna edit some thoughts in later when I've caught myself again...

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yesssssss, Inkbrushes and Splatlings will drain my ink tank less quickly. I can stop trying to build the mega Ink Saver overstack hat now :D

Also the Roller Nerfs should make the Brush more viable for fighting bad Rollers.

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
This is fantastic! It's about time rollers get some sort of nerf (can you tell how bitter I am at being splatted by rollers all the time?). Also happy about the E-liter nerf as well (though most people might just switch to a different charger). The inkzooka(sp?) nerf does hurt though as a Ttek user, but I'll get used to it. If I can't, I might just switch to a slosher (which I've been using in turf war lately). The nerf hit pretty much every weapon I have a hard time with, so it's well worth it IMO.

Garo

Inkling
Most of these changes sound good, at least on paper. The Dual Squelcher movement buff may be a bit much though. I felt like it was fine the way it was.

Would've liked to see some changes to Ink Mine and some of the Abilities. Maybe next time.

Howl7

Pro Squid
A bit of fresh air, i'm curious to see how this will change the online matches.

Blasters nerf: me and my Blaster will prove that it's not enough!

Justice

Inkster Jr.
NNID
danny2413
overall I have really high hopes for this update. Honestly I am tired of seeing people behind a splash wall and poping kraken if there in trouble its the most skilless **** ever imo. But wall and kraken nerf will obviously hurt the 96 and the 52 with the wall and this new meta will also have an indirect additional nerf to 52 cause more people will run defense which makes it a 3 shot for 52s.

Eliter is also no longer a bs kill at half charge which honestly was dum.

Roller's and blaster's require a bit more skill since they can't get free kills as often as they did before but I think there still viable.

Do I have to say anything about nzaps and squelchers? (hello new meta).

Also they gave some other buffs to weapons that needed buffing such as: rapid blasters, galtings, nozzles, etc

Overall, I am super excited to see some change in this format and I think overall it will make the weapon variety increase rather than seeing 2/3 walls, eliter, tenta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom