• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Weapons that in our opinions should get nerfed

Which one of the 3 weapons I listed should get a nerf ?

• Dualie Squelchers

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Blaster

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Sloshing Machine

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I incorporate 3 subs of Quick Super Jump into my Hero Charger build. For reference here it is.
I basically always jump back to spawn to use stingray because it guarantees my safety from being flanked or rushed down. Also yes I have more turning versatility and really that's about it. Because I have Respawn Punisher I want to be pretty careful about putting myself in risky situations so better safe than sorry. And I can usually kill a few people with it each time so it's not a big deal having to swim back.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I was thinking about that as I was posting it. Yeah, I can see merit to going back to spawn to use the Stingray. I still stand by my missile strats though!
Well the swimming buff on the Tentas are making me less want to jump back to spawn now...maybe I won’t jump back for them anymore. Besides you aren’t standing still for as long normally.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Interesting video on Quick Super Jump from SorinMH
If you're uncertain what he means by jumping to avoid stingray, you can avoid stingray by you and a teammate constantly jumping to each other because you'll be invincible in the air, and if you have QSJ, you won't be stuck in the jump animation and you'll die before you get off the ground. It's an interesting video.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Ugh, that video just makes my crave more for a build utilizing alot of quik jump abilities.
But the grind... and i never had alot of luck when rolling...

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Interesting how Sorin talks about how great Quick Super Jump is in that video, and yet he doesn't perform a single defensive Super Jump, and half his offensive Super Jumps result in his near-instant death. If it was that great, he'd have had a better example in the video.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Interesting how Sorin talks about how great Quick Super Jump is in that video, and yet he doesn't perform a single defensive Super Jump, and half his offensive Super Jumps result in his near-instant death. If it was that great, he'd have had a better example in the video.
Yeah I was thinking about that. I don't know if he intended to add a video to exemplify how great it can be, but still you would think what he talks about would be more included in his regular gameplay. I think what he means by a defensive jump is when you're already near-dead as in you have a lot of damage and there's no way you can fight through a situation, which was not the case in the footage he showed. But yeah those situations do happen. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with him but I do think it's an interesting take and the first time I've seen someone talk about QSJ so positively in a video (first time I've seen a video dedicated to how good it is).

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Yeah I was thinking about that. I don't know if he intended to add a video to exemplify how great it can be, but still you would think what he talks about would be more included in his regular gameplay. I think what he means by a defensive jump is when you're already near-dead as in you have a lot of damage and there's no way you can fight through a situation, which was not the case in the footage he showed. But yeah those situations do happen. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with him but I do think it's an interesting take and the first time I've seen someone talk about QSJ so positively in a video (first time I've seen a video dedicated to how good it is).
I think QSJ is just situational. I could see it being useful for chargers or splatlings that need to run away but outside of that, it's pretty meh.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Quick Super Jump is okay. At least in my opinion. I get why people use it, don't get me wrong. It just isn't my style. But I can see where I would find it useful. As it has already been stated though, it is rather situational. I'll keep it in mind when building sets, but I doubt that it will see a lot of use considering my general thought patterns and play styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom