• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Weapons that in our opinions should get nerfed

Which one of the 3 weapons I listed should get a nerf ?

• Dualie Squelchers

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Blaster

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • Sloshing Machine

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I don't know I may just be a little tilted from how AWFUL solo was going today but I still think it needs a blast radius nerf. For clash, range and regular. Idk how much but a lot of times it feels like the range on the blast radius is just broken, not even giving people a chance to get away. There were so many times where I was way far away from the origin of the shot and I still got hit. I went ahead and tested this and I can be standing 2/3 of a line away from the shot and I still get hit. This is just insane. And it's even bigger on the clash (though I don't really care as much about that weapon. It's more annoying than OP). They should reduce the radius so that you have to be within a half a line of the shot to get hit. Some wild blaster shenanigans going on out there. Also feels no good getting jump directed from afar but that's just bad luck I suppose. I am a little heated b/c I went from 31-19 to 24-26 in my last 50 battles after carrying my teammates and getting dc's with 2 and a half minutes left. Not a good day in solo. While most of my blame went to my teammates, the only actual mechanics of the game I got angry with was the blast radius.
Reference for how solo was today
And then the blast radius...

Last edited:

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
For the weapons discussed in the OP:

Sloshing Machine does not need a nerf. Since most of it's utility is being a frontline slayer weapon with stingray, allowing it a good niche on most tower control and rainmaker maps. However, to get a stingray it needs 190p to charge. You might say to yourself, "190p isn't a long charge time".

However, to one of the worst painting weapons in the game, 190p is a huge burden to the sloshing machine's stingray. Which often makes sloshing machine users invest into their special with :ability_comeback::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialsaver: View attachment 6287View attachment 6289View attachment 6288taking some of their gear perks away if they want to be able to use their special consistently.

So no, sloshing machine doesn't need a nerf right now. The painting on the weapon is already pretty bad. It's Area of Effect damage is pretty wide, however, it takes a long time to kill a target with only indirect sloshes.

Dualie Squelchers for a nerf? Is this a meme?

The dualie squelchers are (in my opinion) at best average weapons, if not below average. Their best attribute is the dodge roll without any endlag. Which lets a dualie squelcher user run away from sloshers and blasters (two prominent threats in the current metagame).

However, with it's limiting kit and pitful 4 shot kill, the dualie squelchers are condemned to a support role on any team they're put on. And armed with point sensors and tentamissles, they excel at support gameplay.

However, a lone dualie squelcher is not going to be winning too many fights by themselves. And without frontline teammates to accent it's hardcore support, you miss out on the dualie squelchers point sensors and Tentamissle pressure.

The lack of Independence, and limiting combat capabilities keep these weapons far from OP. Even with an alternate kit, these dualies seem far from OP, since the main weapon is notoriously inaccurate and a 4 shot kill is a burden when it comes to combat.

The vanilla blaster. I will grant you this, this weapon is actually Overpowered right now. It's combination of splashdown + blaster shot makes it an incredible threat to close range targets. How threatening is this combo? It's so good that it makes any weapon with less range than the vanilla blaster pretty much unviable. (the only exception to this rule being dapple dualies) Splashdown + Blaster shot is an extremely good panic button and lets the blaster player be forgiven for a possible misplay. As a blaster indirect makes it impossible for bomb defense up to truly block against it.

With this combo, it mitigates the blaster's weakness of needing to aim precisely up close. The other two weaknesses (lack of paint and short range) do affect it. However, not having range isn't a bad thing in this game where the meta is mostly up close and personal.

That's not even the worst of the problem though. The part that makes vanilla blaster truly OP is how over centralizing it is. As it makes Luna rather pointless to run as the vanilla blaster can strafe just as fast, with more range, and a panic button. And the meta has seen a large shift in slosher deco and heavy splatling popularity, two weapons that counter it rather well with their range and painting ability.

However, what do we nerf on this weapon?

Since the custom blaster isn't extremely OP, with it's kit of autobomb and inkjet, I would refrain from nerfing the vanilla blaster as a main weapon. Just because the custom blaster feels nice and balanced right now.

And nerfing splashdown directly will hurt a lot of underused weapons (think of undercover brella, hydra, goo tuber, and the inkbrush), even though they're not in the best spot right now anyway.

So it's really the main weapon and special weapon coming together to make a strong combo here.

I think @Goolloom hit it right on the head, just increase the points to charge on the weapon. Mostly because the weapon can't paint much in the first place, and that would make the blaster player rely less on the combo if they're not getting the combo consistently. Or at least make it run some perks (like I mentioned with the sloshing machine earlier) in order for the vanilla blaster to gain specials consistently. For points to special, ideally I would nerf it to 200 points of special, but I could see a nerf to 190-220p range working out as well.

I've been playing the vanilla blaster since splat 2's release and these are definitely changes that will hopefully give way to other blasters into the meta. (mostly the Luna, Custom and Range Blaster)

At release, the vanilla blaster was actually kind of pathetic. The jump rng was insane, with your shots going all over the place while jumping (boy did I hate this). And it's ink consumption was nerfed as well. From 8% -> 10% (15 shots to 10 shots). Even though you could still use the combo, it was somewhat unreliable with the 40 damage minimum and splashdown was much easier to shutdown. For other blasters, custom blaster and rapid blaster saw more use than the vanilla blaster thanks to their specials, and thanks to the rapid's range. And the regular blaster was much better than the clash blaster at this time.

Going into 1.3.0

This was the game's first real meta shift and one of the biggest patches to date. Nerfing the tri slosher, inkjet and ink armor. And giving the vanilla blaster a massive buff to it's splashdown. (outer splashdown damage used to deal 40 damage instead of 55) Since custom blaster dropped out of the meta without a good inkjet, vanilla blaster secured the spot for best lethal blaster in 1.3.0.

However, vanilla blaster just didn't see the limelight yet. It couldn't perform well in the old baller meta, and it could not compete against the aerospray or L-3 taking over the map quickly. Plus with the rapid blaster still around, it would lose a lot of fights to it, thanks to the range. Not to mention, sloshing machine was the primary slaying weapon thanks to it's access to the newly buffed stingray.

1.4.0 was nothing special for the vanilla blaster, as it was the best lethal blaster going into it. And then, 10 days later, the devs finally released the beast. The range blaster had finally been released from it'ssplatoon 1 prison on October 21st 2017. As soon as I saw this weapon finally come out, I immediately dropped the vanilla blaster. And I imagine a lot of vanilla blaster players did the same as me.

The range blaster instantly took a hot spot in the meta, thanks to it's amazing killing potential, and ability to blend in with the meta's chip damage. So as a result, the vanilla blaster takes a backseat and isn't seen much. But it's rather well balanced and nothing was wrong with it.

2.1.0 and up

The change. The blaster got its movement speed buff, and along with the range blaster's list of nerfs (points to special, ink storm, and the health regen buff (an indirect nerf)) started to kill the range blaster out of the meta and gave the vanilla blaster a time to shine. And since then, the vanilla blaster hasn't seen much of a threat in this metagame.

With its main perk being the most forgiving slaying weapon around, it won't take much time and dedication to get the job done. After all, that's a common trend with many meta weapons in splatoon 2. "Low risk and High Reward". And unfortunately, the vanilla blaster embodies this well, allowing it to strive here.

Sorry if I over analyzed this, but I've been thinking about this for a while, and it's one of my main weapons. If you made it to here, you deserve a cookie or something.

I hope you get my reasoning (and even if you don't read it all), as to why these weapons do or don't need these changes.

Thanks for Reading :)
Just to be clear here, I didn’t say the Dualie Squelchers were OP, I said the Dapples were. And I think a nice balance for the Splashdown would be the end lag after using the Splashdown.
Or maybe something else intirely, which isn’t something that Splatoon has ever done before, is have certain weapons do certain things to do their specials. Maybe have the end lag for only the Blaster...even though this is weird it would prevent the other weapons with Splashdown to get nerfed but the Blaster still would get it. Just a thought though

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Vanilla Blaster, but i'm more inclined to just increase it's special charge requirement and keep it at that so it can't be as spam-happy with splashdown as it is.

There's a vast ocean of middling weapons that have been praying for a buff (tenta, glooga, undercover, hydra, carbon, dynamo, squeezer, tetra, e4k to name some) that have been ignored completely or given minimal buffs patch after patch. Squeezer in particular is a sad case, as it has ink coverage worse than the Jet despite having less range and a mode dedicated to painting. So yeah, i'm far more in favor of buffing the things that sit outside of the meta than nerfing everything to the ground until every weapon feels like an Aerospray.

Aromaiden

Full Squid
I wonder when we'll get the next patch. I'm still waiting for my Glooga buffs :(

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I wonder when we'll get the next patch. I'm still waiting for my Glooga buffs :(
With 3.0 presumably. Which will come late this month. Praying for E4k buffs (*range*). People say missiles need a buff but I don't know what you could do to it to make it better without making it op. Personally I think it's fine right now though. As for ray, I think you shouldn't be allowed to use it in spawn, and maybe more end lag so if you stop/start to catch fast targets they have a chance. Another thing would be to forget what I just said and remove the silhouettes and objective tags (showing where the rain, tower, power clams are) so you don't know exactly where people are. That would be fine I think. Also better coverage on the dynamo. Also with bubbles I think you should be able to pierce through them and shoot people inside hiding. Because that right there is broken. Had someone get into a corner and use bubbles and no one could shoot him and all he had to do was throw a bomb and they were at max "health." So then he just popped them and we died. Also no superjumping with the power clam and have endlag for jumping with regular clams. Hopefully they buff inkstorm to paint again (though that could get scary with more range blasters roaming around inkopolis). Decrease the activation time on splash walls or get rid some of the white ink time so you can actually recover faster because right now the thing is super slow and you can't recover ink while it's deploying which is lame. Give more multipliers to weapons so they can handle baller better as well as splat brella. I recall encountering many brellas while using mini/zimi and I run OS on that weapon but I would have to take 3 full charges to break a shield which is insane. I know in theory a splatling should tear through brellas but they really don't. For undercover brella, make it's shield stronger a bit or remove multipliers or something. That's all from me ;)

[NOTE] These are all of my ideas to make weaker weapons stronger or to give them fighting chances. Not focusing on nerfs here. The reason many people ask fro buffs not nerfs is because if you buff weak weapons then more weapons become viable to play. However only nerfing strong weapons will just send people away to other easy weapons, still leaving the weapons with major faults untouched.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
If Tentamissles are to be buffed once more, I think your teammates should also be able to see the enemy team like you can.

Reactions: the

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
I played Splat Charger recently, and I noticed that whenever I shot someone right after they landed from Splashdown, it just bounced off them.

How about giving the Splashdown armor the properties of Ink Armor? i.e. Dealing enough damage in a single shot can kill you through the armor. Maybe not when you’re in the air, but right as you land, I think the armor should become penetrable.

That way, chargers and longer-ranged blasters can kill a Blaster before it can take a shot, which would make them more viable (I’ve heard that chargers are low on the meta, not aure how true that is), while simultaneously giving Blasters a proper weakness.

To be honest, the Splashdown is a strong Special right now, so I don’t think a nerf like this would be too hard a hit for most weapons with it. You’d just need to be careful not to activate it with your landing spot in sniping range.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I don't think the Hydra needs that big of a buff. Its fine where it is IMO. It is the ultimate example of what a defensive weapon should be, and it also has better coverage than what most people think, and it three shots at full charger, which is a cool , and if that was out on any other Splatling it would be broken, but it fits fine on the Hydra. There are a lot of subs in which the Ink Recovery Lag is horrendous. Splash Wall, Autobomb, Suction Bomb. Dynamo just needs to get an actual rolling buff. If there is a Dynamo main out there, tell me, so you actually ever roll with it? Or just flick? Speaking of rollers the vertical flick just needs big damage buffs, especially on the Carbon and Flingza. The Flingza has so much oppurtunity, with the horizontal flick speed of a carbon 28th the range and coverage of the Splat Roller, but it's speed and vertical flick make this weapon a pain. Glooga and Tetra need buffs. Maybe a small buff on the Squelchers. I haven't heard a lot of people talk about this but I actually want to put an end to the redundancy of the N Zap players. Right now they are your common shooter, you see them everywhere. Please give them a range nerf. Make the curlingbomb do more damage when it comes in contact with people. Autobomb speed buff, maybe blast radius. Something I think would be cool but possibly broken is a Bomb Defense Up buff. IMO this is one of the worst subs you can use, but what if they gave it a buff so you can't get one shorted with a Splat Bomb? Also just get rid of Cold Blooded, and implement it into Bomb Defense Up. Make it more worth to run.
Now For Some Buffs You Never Thought Of:
Holding a charge on a Splatling
Single Dodge Rolls for brellas
Sub Power Up increases the radius of the tracking on the Squid Beakon
Tenta Missles now locate the opponents you launcher middles at for 5 seconds
Ink Armor no longer has start up time
If you stack three special power ups on bubble blower you get a fourth bubble
Run Speed influences speed of Ink Jet and Baller
Ink Armor gives you minor buffs while you have it, like after run and swim speed
Chargers can move a lot faster with a full charge

the

Inkling Commander
imo the only buff ink armor needs is the option to decline it if you’re playing a stealthy weapon. My teammates have gotten me splatted while I’m trying to sneak up on people because of that. Just let me use the L button during the startup animation to dispel it or whatever!

Woomyapple

Full Squid
NNID
Apple
Switch Friend Code
SW-2793-7212-9515
Personally, I think that the N-Zaps pretty overpowered. They have amazing range, an incredibly fast fire rate, their ink usage is low and the subs and specials for both weapons are offensively powerful and can easily overcome the enemy team. They're great for both ink coverage and Splatting players. Yes, Dualie Squelchers have incredible range too, but their subs are point sensors which does no damage and can basically be a waste of ink if used incorrectly (I miss echolocator...) and Rolling costs more ink than shooting, so you have to choose whether you want to use up ink by being offensive or if it's better to get away from the battle.

It is very easy to be bad with a Blaster. Blasters are limited due to their fire rate. They're horrible when it comes to inking turf and it takes a lot of time to recover from a single shot. You can be easily splatted during this time. You can do a lot of damage with a direct hit but there's the issue. You need a direct hit. A mobile enemy is a Blaster's weakness. Splashdown is pretty helpful for the weapon but I guess it could take more Special Points to use it. If you're talking about Splatoon 2's Rapid Blaster or Splatoon 1's Range Blaster, then yes I would say that they're overpowered. But Normal Blaster? It's pretty powerful but I wouldn't say it's overpowered.

Sloshing Machine Neo is a lot more OP than normal Sloshing Machine in Splatoon 2. That's because of bomb rush. The reason Sloshing Machine was so broken in 1 was because bomb rush easily deals with the Sloshing Machine's problems with ink coverage and low attack speed
. You could easily go to the enemy base, splat everybody near you and ink the turf with a Sloshing Machine that has bomb rush. Sting Ray doesn't allow this. It limits the mobility of the Sloshing Machine. Autobombs don't do much for the weapon either.

Last edited:

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I see a lot of things here I agree with and a lot of things here I disagree with. To save myself some time, I let's just say that the best way to handle some of these problems is to buff weak things so that there are more viable options. as an example, I love the Hydra Splatling! But I also recognize that it is a rather weak weapon with the meta so focused on short range in this game. If they were to make the charge speed on this just a bit faster, then it would be more reliable without changing the fundamental focus of the weapon!

@MotorGamer I like the idea of Splatlings being able to hold a charge, but giving Brellas a dodge roll? I get the idea. Make it so you have a movement option coming out of shield. But wouldn't that make Brellas a bit to strong? Giving them two extra defensive options instead of just the one kinda of takes away from the Dualies and gives too much to the Brellas which, once again, leads to balance issues. Also the buff you mentioned for Tenta Missiles makes some sense. It would also give some reasoning to running Cold Blooded.

As for the problem of the vanilla Blaster, increasing its charge time I think should be enough. But I do also think that Splashdown itself is a bit too strong. The issues, as I have stated before, are that the blast radius is not properly shown and that it comes out too quickly on a game where the online lag is certainly noticeable if nothing else.

I can also agree that the Dualie Squelchers need something, but what would that be? What kind of a buff would they receive that doesn't make them OP? More damage? Increasing it from a 4-shot to a 3-shot kill seems like overkill to me. Maybe make it so that fall off damage is either lessened or isn't a thing on the Dualie Squelchers? That might work. Increased movement? It already has decent mobility and dodge rolls. Better Ink economy? It isn't exactly the most ink intensive weapon out there tight now, but they could buff that I suppose. Improved accuracy? They've already buffed it once and the turret firing mode is likely what they were considering for better aim.

Look, I'm all for doing something to improve the Dualie Squelchers. But what more could be done without the weapon encroaching into the niche and territory of other weapons? Make it a 3-shot kill and there would be almost no more need for Splattershots on a team comp save for their specials. Make it so you can run faster with it and that will eliminate things like the Splattershot Jr. and the N-Zap. Make it so it is essentially 100% accurate and then you have no need for the Splash-o-Matic or the H-3. The problem with the Dualie Squelchers, IMO, is not with the weapon itself. It's the current meta.

Everything that's considered strong right now is all close range with few exceptions. There's a reason why there are so many Splattershots and Sploosh-o-Matics running berserk in every mode of gameplay. There's a reason why the N-Zap is argued to be among the best weapons in the game. There's a reason why Splashdown is the most common special to see being run. It's because of the metagame practices. Why is the meta the way it is right now? Because we asked for it to be. We complained about all the weapons that had range in the first game. The E-Liters/Chargers in general were too strong. The Splattershot Pros were too polarizing. The Dynamo Rollers took too little skill for as good as they were. So, when they designed the maps and weapons for this game, long ranged weapons were put on a back burner so that the short ranged weapons could be strong. Now that they are too strong, complaints are being made about that. As far as this ol' so-and-so is concerned, the biggest problems with the first game were the Kraken and the Bubbler. Invincibility in a can was going too far. Now perhaps I have a bit of a bias as I do like my long ranged options, but there are some things that didn't need to get stepped on. Long ranged weapons didn't need to get sacrificed to the altar of the overly-aggressive, in your face 24-7 players to be happy. I don't know an effective way to fix it, or if anyone else even sees this as a problem, but one thing to take away from this whole rant is this: No one really knows what they want or what they have until it's gone.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I see a lot of things here I agree with and a lot of things here I disagree with. To save myself some time, I let's just say that the best way to handle some of these problems is to buff weak things so that there are more viable options. as an example, I love the Hydra Splatling! But I also recognize that it is a rather weak weapon with the meta so focused on short range in this game. If they were to make the charge speed on this just a bit faster, then it would be more reliable without changing the fundamental focus of the weapon!

@MotorGamer I like the idea of Splatlings being able to hold a charge, but giving Brellas a dodge roll? I get the idea. Make it so you have a movement option coming out of shield. But wouldn't that make Brellas a bit to strong? Giving them two extra defensive options instead of just the one kinda of takes away from the Dualies and gives too much to the Brellas which, once again, leads to balance issues. Also the buff you mentioned for Tenta Missiles makes some sense. It would also give some reasoning to running Cold Blooded.

As for the problem of the vanilla Blaster, increasing its charge time I think should be enough. But I do also think that Splashdown itself is a bit too strong. The issues, as I have stated before, are that the blast radius is not properly shown and that it comes out too quickly on a game where the online lag is certainly noticeable if nothing else.

I can also agree that the Dualie Squelchers need something, but what would that be? What kind of a buff would they receive that doesn't make them OP? More damage? Increasing it from a 4-shot to a 3-shot kill seems like overkill to me. Maybe make it so that fall off damage is either lessened or isn't a thing on the Dualie Squelchers? That might work. Increased movement? It already has decent mobility and dodge rolls. Better Ink economy? It isn't exactly the most ink intensive weapon out there tight now, but they could buff that I suppose. Improved accuracy? They've already buffed it once and the turret firing mode is likely what they were considering for better aim.

Look, I'm all for doing something to improve the Dualie Squelchers. But what more could be done without the weapon encroaching into the niche and territory of other weapons? Make it a 3-shot kill and there would be almost no more need for Splattershots on a team comp save for their specials. Make it so you can run faster with it and that will eliminate things like the Splattershot Jr. and the N-Zap. Make it so it is essentially 100% accurate and then you have no need for the Splash-o-Matic or the H-3. The problem with the Dualie Squelchers, IMO, is not with the weapon itself. It's the current meta.

Everything that's considered strong right now is all close range with few exceptions. There's a reason why there are so many Splattershots and Sploosh-o-Matics running berserk in every mode of gameplay. There's a reason why the N-Zap is argued to be among the best weapons in the game. There's a reason why Splashdown is the most common special to see being run. It's because of the metagame practices. Why is the meta the way it is right now? Because we asked for it to be. We complained about all the weapons that had range in the first game. The E-Liters/Chargers in general were too strong. The Splattershot Pros were too polarizing. The Dynamo Rollers took too little skill for as good as they were. So, when they designed the maps and weapons for this game, long ranged weapons were put on a back burner so that the short ranged weapons could be strong. Now that they are too strong, complaints are being made about that. As far as this ol' so-and-so is concerned, the biggest problems with the first game were the Kraken and the Bubbler. Invincibility in a can was going too far. Now perhaps I have a bit of a bias as I do like my long ranged options, but there are some things that didn't need to get stepped on. Long ranged weapons didn't need to get sacrificed to the altar of the overly-aggressive, in your face 24-7 players to be happy. I don't know an effective way to fix it, or if anyone else even sees this as a problem, but one thing to take away from this whole rant is this: No one really knows what they want or what they have until it's gone.
I think I have an idea for Dualie Squelchers. Increase damage, but not enough to turn into a three shot kill, if your opponent is damaged already then it would be three shot. Also fall off damage needs to just die on a weapon like this. This weapon shoots very straight and is almost impossible to kill someone below you. But keep in one that Sloshers are like the go to weapon when it comes to elevation changes, so don't make it to OP

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
@Woomyapple Funny, I just went on a rant about that in a way. I agree, the N-Zap is overpowered. It just does too much to be reasonable. I have more of a problem with Sploosh-o-Matics myself, but this is a very close second. I really hope that this weapon doesn't see another buff. It doesn't deserve the honor!

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
@MotorGamer I think I see what you are getting at. That could work as a way to change the weapon without fundamentally breaking it.
If you remember back in the early days of Splatoon 2 and remember how broken the Tri Solosher was, it got a change similar to this. Well, I mean the Tri got a need and it went from 62 to 52 damage. This made it harder for it one shot oponents because they were already damaged. Just increase the damage here so the shots to kill are the same to an undamaged opponent, but if they have already been damaged maybe it could be like a three shot

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
@Woomyapple Funny, I just went on a rant about that in a way. I agree, the N-Zap is overpowered. It just does too much to be reasonable. I have more of a problem with Sploosh-o-Matics myself, but this is a very close second. I really hope that this weapon doesn't see another buff. It doesn't deserve the honor!
I mean in my eyes the Nzap kind of kills the Splattershot. I mean it has more range and a similar kill time. Its kind of like the Clash to Luna relationship, it makes it so it is almost useless to play. Yet the Splattershot is the most meta weapon right now...wow

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
I think that the Splattershot remains at near the top of the meta is because it only requires three shots to secure a kill with it unlike the N-Zap which requires four. It makes it so that just a little bit less precision is needed to do well. But both weapons can be hard to counter. I find myself often on the bad end of encounters with N-Zaps from ranges that seem impossible and yet I am the one getting splatted and they walk away from the match with an undeserved feeling of pride and accomplishment. Almost like they paid to play a glorified slot machine or something.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I think that the Splattershot remains at near the top of the meta is because it only requires three shots to secure a kill with it unlike the N-Zap which requires four. It makes it so that just a little bit less precision is needed to do well. But both weapons can be hard to counter. I find myself often on the bad end of encounters with N-Zaps from ranges that seem impossible and yet I am the one getting splatted and they walk away from the match with an undeserved feeling of pride and accomplishment. Almost like they paid to play a glorified slot machine or something.
Yeah in competitive you will see more Splattershot than in just casual, and then the rest of your common shooter slots are filled with the Nzap and the Sploosh

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Yeah in competitive you will see more Splattershot than in just casual, and then the rest of your common shooter slots are filled with the Nzap and the Sploosh
Yeah in competitive, tentatek and splattershot are just about the only shooters you will see. You might find N-Zaps but most people would rather play sshot than zap so they can slay. And since splat zones is basically the only mode a lot of competitive players play (which is basically team deathmatch) that's why people choose sshot a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom