What’s your least favorite weapon to fight against

Hippo555467

Full Squid
Me personally I absolutely HATE the hydra splatling it’s just so much range but I’m curious what everyone else’s is

Cephalobro

I also hate to fight against the Hydra Splatling too, and the Bloblobber in some cases too, oh, and I used to hate fighting against Clash Blasters but I eventually learned how to deny their dominance.

sevenleaf

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
BRUSHES. all of them. they slap me too quickly for me to shoot them back 😭

rationally, i know this means i need to learn how to fight them more effectively. there must be a strategy i just have to learn. but until i learn it, i will complain about how i don’t know how to fight them. it is what it is 🤷🏼

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
i play stamper. people hate fighting stamper and honestly i see why. even knowing a lot about the weapon by playing it 60% of the time in every season so far it’s still difficult to fight a good stamper. if you get hit by a charge slash, you need to get completely out of range because going behind cover will get you hit by the burst bomb and staying in range will get you splatted by the horizontal swing. the best way to counter stamper is to get within the range where they cant hit a one shot, and charging a vertical slash will let you get them if you are a short range slayer. for backlines, just let them get greedy and enter your range because it will happen. also try and position on high ledges and away from the edge because that makes it much harder for stamper to hit you.

blu_aaa

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2473-2014-2344
I know this weapon is bad but I always lothe fighting the Bloblobber. Just the way that the bubbles linger even after you kill them is stupid and it just the games way of showing "oh you played smartly and punished the blob player? **** you you still die to the bubble shots"

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
I’d have to say E-Liter, cause of the maxed out range. Being a slayer/frontliner, it can be difficult to avoid them, it’s easy to get picked off unless you have a good strategy.

You can distract them temporarily of course, with the use of subs and specials, though. Although it’s a very slow weapon, still somewhat dangerous in the right hands.

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
BRUSHES. all of them. they slap me too quickly for me to shoot them back 😭

rationally, i know this means i need to learn how to fight them more effectively. there must be a strategy i just have to learn. but until i learn it, i will complain about how i don’t know how to fight them. it is what it is 🤷🏼
As brush player my own undoing is my range lol if someone knows im coming for them, they can simply take two steps backwards and kill me dead

sevenleaf

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
As brush player my own undoing is my range lol if someone knows im coming for them, they can simply take two steps backwards and kill me dead
see though i play dualies so often backing up from an opponent just means i’m getting them out of my range 😔 though i’m not sure if that’s the case with brushes. maybe i should ask my occasional brush user friend to recon with me to test that out sometime. or just compare brush painting range in the lobby to tetras’/vdualies’ range.

honestly a big part of it is probably that my aim still isn’t great. like, i guess it’s not terrible at this point! i’ve worked on it for a while and i’m better than i was a year ago! but it just doesn’t come easy to me (despite choosing to play aim-dependent weapons, lol). so i think what’s happening is that the enemy brushes are landing enough hits on me to kill me before i can land enough hits on them.

MandatoryCatalyst

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They/Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
Inkbrush/Octobrush, Clash Blaster, and Dynamo Roller. Inkbrush/Octobrush and Clash Blaster aren't even really about the weapon themselves, I just find them really disorienting to fight, Clash especially with how loud it is and how distracting the shots are, I find it hard to actually focus on where its coming from. Ink/Octobrush are similar, I find them visually overwhelming a bit and therefore hard to parse where the actual player is to aim at. If Clash wasn't so loud and if all three weren't so visually cluttered I'd probably have a better time, but oh well!

Dynamo... I'm not really sure how to vocalize why I struggle against them, I just do! I guess part of it is the thought that oh, well if I just attack quickly enough I can splat them before they can hit me, but my timing is frequently off and I just end up dying. Truly a skill issue on my behalf

Umbreonfan

Semi-Pro Squid
.52 gal. Hate playing against it's kit. A shooter should be banned from having splash wall.

Also dapple users try to not reefslider cheese the zone for 5 seconds.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Shooters. I simply hate shooters. Except for the Nozzlenoses. And the .96 Gal.
Having guns that can paint the map whilst also splatting in half a second out of squid form is just not fun.

See, there's this thing I don't get: Stamper and Squeezer are both overpowered long range slayers. Both have one kit with a strong sub and a synergistic special, and one kit with a meh sub and a meta special. Stamper gets a ton of hate, meanwhile Squeezer gets barely any hate even though it's also a pain to use. Why??

Pardon my tangent.

Also, I enjoy fighting normal chargers but despise fighting scoped chargers.
I have my reasons.

SyMag373

Inkster Jr.
i play stamper. people hate fighting stamper and honestly i see why. even knowing a lot about the weapon by playing it 60% of the time in every season so far it’s still difficult to fight a good stamper. if you get hit by a charge slash, you need to get completely out of range because going behind cover will get you hit by the burst bomb and staying in range will get you splatted by the horizontal swing. the best way to counter stamper is to get within the range where they cant hit a one shot, and charging a vertical slash will let you get them if you are a short range slayer. for backlines, just let them get greedy and enter your range because it will happen. also try and position on high ledges and away from the edge because that makes it much harder for stamper to hit you.
This is pretty much what I came in here to say! It's so hard to deal with and like you said, if you get hit once you're immediately in danger of getting killed.

I'll also add that fighting Tri-Sloshers can be annoying as well since they can kill you in two hits, and by the time you get hit once, you have almost no time to react before the second hit. The best thing you can hope for in that case is usually a trade, or to get lucky and kill them first. This really only applies to frontline weapons and the rare instance where they sneak up on you as a backline, but still.

TooManyNachos

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7833-9020-0628
hydra splatling because as a brush main the range is a nightmare to deal with and I can't get close. Only worse than E-liter because it can shoot for much longer.

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
i have a deeply bitter hatred for flingzas, when they're good i can't get near them EVER, and when they're bad they're on my team /ex
also carbon rollers (ESP CARBON DECO)

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
As the underdog, I have a love/hate relationship with other underdogs. If you are excelling at using a support weapon aggressively (a reef-lux... that doesn't spam missiles... and lands all their shots???) or have the same 5-star badge(s) as me, only for you to counter me and subvert my expectations, I won't be upset. I just will be disappointed. I will sigh and hesitantly salute you before crawling back to spawn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom