• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What do you consider, "Disrespectful"?

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I didnt know they were low level players. Clears it up tremendously.

If we're getting stomped Ill start squid partying at the spawn point for the final 10 seconds or so. No way I can bring my team back so might as well be silly right.

On the respect side of things is what I consider to be a fundamental part of sportsmanship and is part of my philosophy in life in general:

"Try your best, but if you cant have fun in a losing game then it's just work"
Yeah for the most part me and my friend's alt is a low level with a low rank so we were primarily teamed against lower level people too. There were higher levels mixed in, but they were mostly serious about the game which I appreciated tremendously. Also the thing with partying for a little bit if your being camped the entire match sounds like what I do if there's no bringing it back. I do try to bring it back as hard as I can but it's really a team effort and if the rest of my team gives up I guess I have no choice but to as well.

Your last statement makes a lot of sense too. I try not to get too beat up over losing that's for sure. It's just when my entire team screws me over when I'm the only one trying to win that makes me a bit on the salty side.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
I have a new one, when you're in a snipers line of death or sights, you charge straight in, and take'em out while possibly avoiding death. I did this multiple times during my run with Splatfest.

Last edited:

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
So sick, so fresh, so beautiful:

• A splatfest that clicks so well that two of its members have a disruptor into inkstrike combo while the other two try to herd as many as they can into disruptor range.
  • Another splatfest squad with two kraken users that use them in tandem and will attack from two directions. "Did you two just criss-cross before double whammying that bubbled jr?! ...okay, I'll dance with you two for pulling that off."

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Speaking of chargers, one way to piss off a scoped charger is to get their attention, then jump back & forth as they try to keep their aim on thee. I speak from experience here (that little ******* pissed me off just enough to throw me off my game for the rest of the day, so surely it must work just as well against others, right?).

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
That Tilt-o'-whirl Kraken was pretty funny; I'll gladly confess to having done that once in a while. But squidbagging for more than a second? That's what I'd call a waste of time. All that uninked turf around you, man...
I'm sh***y at inking turf with the Custom Jet... What I lack in ability, I make up for with disrespect!

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I freely admit to making use of superior range or obnoxious tactics to out-snipe a sniper every chance I get, which is probably at least as salt-inducing for them as having me just charge them straight down head-on, or flank them while they're distracted. It's pretty satisfying to be the designated sniper-wrangler for the team sometimes.

Especially if said sniper's already been a pain in my tail. :mad:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Guys, don't start any drama please.
I didn't even respond to the guy in this thread, what good does posting about it after the fact do? Seriously, I said my piece elsewhere, don't lump me in with this guy. That in itself I'd consider disrespectful :P

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Kraken zooming right towards me. Teammate throws down a splash wall as it pounces. Kraken bounces off splash wall. And teammate begins squidbagging behind the wall. Instead of easily going around, the kraken attacks the wall, tears it down, splats my teammate, then spins over his remains.

You live by the sword...

lone

Inkster Jr.
NNID
loneotaku
Switch Friend Code
SW-1901-5583-6414
Messing around during ranked. In regular Turf Wars, I think that's totally fine, but in Ranked, a group messing around can cause someone their status. Always kind of upset when I get a group like that (It's happened a few times.)

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Kraken zooming right towards me. Teammate throws down a splash wall as it pounces. Kraken bounces off splash wall. And teammate begins squidbagging behind the wall. Instead of easily going around, the kraken attacks the wall, tears it down, splats my teammate, then spins over his remains.

You live by the sword...
I've been a kraken in that same situation! They thought they were so cool with their fancy wall. I had a teammate come and destroy the wall, I move in, and get the kill. It was wonderful!

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Not focusing on covering ground in turf war feels a bit annoying but I don't know if it's disrespectful. Killing shouldn't be he main focus, covering ground is.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
It's more of an annoyance than a disrespect, but the jumping strategy with any weapon is something i'll both never understand and that makes me incredibly agitated whilst playing. Despite what anyone says it's always going to feel like that to me. Also, hiding in the ink and then jumping up akin to a damn jumpscare to kill your opponent is really.... really cheap. However, I suppose it's a legit thing like the jumping tactic. Shrugs.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's more of an annoyance than a disrespect, but the jumping strategy with any weapon is something i'll both never understand and that makes me incredibly agitated whilst playing. Despite what anyone says it's always going to feel like that to me. Also, hiding in the ink and then jumping up akin to a damn jumpscare to kill your opponent is really.... really cheap. However, I suppose it's a legit thing like the jumping tactic. Shrugs.
Bunny hopping widens your reticle and can throw off your enemy's aim for a split second, in a game where split seconds matter. It's not always ideal, but good use of hopping attacks can destroy foes, hence why so many people do it.

Hopping blasters are the worst :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom