1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

What is your favorite map + mode combo?

Discussion in 'Competitive Discussion' started by Mateiüsthesquidwarrior, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Rockenberg

Rockenberg CEO of Rockenberg

NNID:
    Rockenberg_Ltd
    Urchin Underpass & Camp Triggerfish - Turf War
    Port Mackerel & Kelp Dome - Splat Zones
    Ancho-V Games & Museum d'Alfonsino - Rainmaker
    Walleye Warehouse & Mahi-Mahi Resort - Tower Control

2. Koro-Koro

Koro-Koro Inkling

NNID:
    Korone313
    1. SZ on Moray Towers
    2. RM at Camp Triggerfish
    3. TC at Blackbelly Scatepark
    4. SZ at Ancho-V Games
    :D

3. Quicksilvr

Quicksilvr Inkling

NNID:
    Felderfox
    Kelp Dome+Rainmaker
    Piranha Pit+Tower
    Walleye Warehouse+Zone

Alpha359 likes this.
  4. KrisLegendary

KrisLegendary Inkling

Rainmaker on Camp Triggerfish
    Splat Zones on Port Mackerel, Saltspray Rig, Walleye Warehouse, & Kelp Dome
    Tower Control on Blackbelly Skatepark & Bluefin Depot

Alpha359 likes this.
  5. Joltik

Joltik Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    YellowYoshi13
    Rainmaker -- Camp Triggerfish, Port Mackerel
    Splat Zones -- Piranha Pit, Moray Towers
    Tower Control -- Blackbelly Skatepark, Mahi-Mahi Resort
    Turf -- Any, honestly, except Hammerhead Bridge

6. TheSloshingMachine

NNID:
    Danatom1c
    Splat Zones : Blackbelly, Arowana, Ancho V-Games, Walleye Warehouse, Piranha Pit
    Turf Wars: Urchin Underpass, Walleye Warehouse
    Tower Control: Museum d'Alfonsino, Camp Trigger Fish
    Rainmaker: Hammerhead Bridge, Flounder Heights, Moray Towers

7. Alpha359

Alpha359 Full Squid

NNID:
    voyagersonic
    Splat Zones: Kelp Dome, Walleye Warehouse, Port Mackerel, Piranah Pit, Mahi Mahi Resort and Hammerhead Bridge.
    Tower Control: Camp Triggerfish, Hammerhead Bridge, Ancho-V- Games and Mahi Mahi Resort.
    Rainmaker: Camp Triggerfish, Kelp Dome, Moray Towers, Mahi Mahi Resort, Walleye Warehouse , Port Mackerel, and Blufin Depot.
    Turf War: Anything except Arowana Mall.

8. dubious

dubious Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    hyomin
    Bluefin Depot and Walleye Warehouse for Tower Control, haven't played enough of Splat Zones or Rainmaker to really have favorites...

Also all stages but Moray Towers and Camp Triggerfish for Turf Wars.

9. Super Nintendo Chalmers

NNID:
    superneschalmers
    Zones

Urchin Underpass
    Walleye Warehouse
    Port Mackerel
    Bluefin Depot

It gets very tense and heated due to being close to enemies. You're always on edge, especially when it's close which is why I enjoy those maps on Zones.

TC

Urchin Underpass
    Port Mackerel
    Moray Towers

For the last 2 I like how you have other things to worry about aside from the tower, you've got to watch the enemies positioning on the ramps, high vantage points and what is around the corner amongst the containers. More potential strategy and tactics you have to be aware of.

Rainmaker

Kelp Dome
    Walleye Warehouse

Tend to have better results here compared to other stages.

10. Tyson TH

Tyson TH Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    tyson_th
    Splat Zones: Walleye Warehouse Arowana Mall, Kelp Dome, Bluefin Depot, Flounder Heights, Museum d'Alfonsino, Mahi Mahi Resort, Pirahna Pit

Tower Control: Urchin Underpass, Walleye Warehouse, Arowana Mall, Blackbelly Skatepark, Port Mackerel, Kelp Dome, Bluefin Depot, Moray Towers, Camp Triggerfish, Flounder Heights, Museum d'Alfonsino, Pirahna Pit, Ancho-V Games

Rainmaker: Urchin Underpass, Walleye Warehouse, Saltspray Rig, Arowana Mall, Port Mackerel, Kelp Dome, Bluefin Depot, Moray Towers, Camp Triggerfish, Flounder Heights, Museum d'Alfonsino, Mahi Mahi Resort, Ancho-V Games.

I generally find the game pretty balanced so I can't complain much. If I had to pick an absolute favorite, you already know Triggerfish Rainmaker is king, baby.

Babycowland likes this.
  11. Mateiüsthesquidwarrior

NNID:
    m0nkeyd0g
    Word! One of my all-time favorites :)

12. Tangle

Tangle Inkling

NNID:
    xAkitakax
    Turf war : Museum d'Alfonsino, Morey Towers, Mahi Mahi, Caml Triggerfish, Piranha Pit
    Splat Zones: Blackbelly Skatepark, walleye warehouse, Museum d'Alfonsino, Camp triggerfish, Hammerhead Bridge, Saltspray rig, Piranha Pit, Ancho-V Games
    Tower Control: Blackbelly Skatepark, Bluefin Depot, Piranha Pit, Camp Triggerfish, Ancho-V games, urchin underpass, Kelp Dome
    Rainmaker: Camp Triggerfish, Piranha Pit.

Yep, I don't like Rainmaker much xD but my two most favorite maps are probably Trigger fish and Piranha Pit, as I can play them bascically on any mode.

13. AlsoDededork649

AlsoDededork649 Pro Squid

NNID:
    DARandall4711
    Turf War + Ancho-V Games : Lots of space and easy to get in the enemy base.

Splat Zones + Blackbelly Skatepark: For some reason I find it fun defending the little tiny zones. Plus most of the map should be utilized IMO to win.

Tower Control + Flounder Heights: I normally cannot stand tower, but this map is the only time that I actually care for the mode, with the exception of maybe Urchin. There's something I like about this combo, just can't put my tentacle on it.

Rainmaker + Saltspray Rig: This combo is so good! The multiple ways to get up to the Rainmaker goal, the way you can scout out the opposing team... maybe I'm biased by the time I got 2 quad kills in the same match.

14. GoldWatson

GoldWatson Full Squid

NNID:
    floandgold
    I like all the modes if they're on camp triggerfish. Other than that, I don't really like much else.

15. zenyamk8

zenyamk8 Inkling

NNID:
    zenyamk8
    Rainmaker is my favorite mode

16. Tuff

Tuff Full Squid

NNID:
    Wolfysmash
    Mahi-Mahi Splatzones is def my fav. Big field to just go to town but enough little pathways and towers to mix up your approach.

17. Encore

Encore Guest

Splat Zones: Walleye Warehouse, Bluefin Depot, Kelp Dome, Urchin Underpass, Blackbelly Skatepark
    Tower Control: Saltspray Rig, Blackbelly Skatepark, Urchin Underpass
    Rainmaker: Port Mackerei, Flounder Heights, Camp Triggerfish, Mahi Mahi Resort, Urchin Underpass

I can't stand Moray Towers and Museum lol. Haven't played Pit and V-Games enough to decide whether or not I (really) like them.

Underpass is a great map.

#57 Encore, Feb 8, 2016
    Lasted edited by : Feb 8, 2016
  18. 466 Gaming

466 Gaming Inkling

NNID:
    466mcfan
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5633-1823-8215

#58 466 Gaming, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  19. sammich

sammich Inkling Cadet

now that i'm getting back into ranked, i have a better idea. i haven't played every stage in every mode, but i really like...

SZ: flounder heights. am i bad? i actually dislike this level in turf wars but it kinda made sense here. also liked moray the times i did it.

TC: port. it just made sense from the first time i played it. it's actually part of how i got to A+ to begin with back before i stopped doing ranked for a few months.

RM: arowana. this mode actually made this level come alive for me? i also liked what i did of moray here today.

TW: anywhere that isn't moray, bluefin or flounder heights. morray is usually either complete domination or a mostly-stalemate with the final 3 seconds deciding who inked the center last, which is tedious. it also sucks for the squiffer because we can't reach anything. bluefin is annoying because you can be doing really great but then your teammates fail on the other side and suddenly you're completely flanked with no territory but your little square. flounder heights matches just feel too random to me and so i tend to get dominated.

20. TheSquidling

TheSquidling Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    mlewis94
    SZ: Kelp Dome, Walleye Warehouse, Piranha Pit
    TC: Kelp dome, Museum D'Alfonsino, Piranha Pit, Port Mackerel
    RM: Ancho--V Games, Kelp Dome