• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What is your favorite map + mode combo?

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
Urchin Underpass & Camp Triggerfish - Turf War
Port Mackerel & Kelp Dome - Splat Zones
Ancho-V Games & Museum d'Alfonsino - Rainmaker
Walleye Warehouse & Mahi-Mahi Resort - Tower Control

Koro-Koro

Inkling
NNID
Korone313
1. SZ on Moray Towers
2. RM at Camp Triggerfish
3. TC at Blackbelly Scatepark
4. SZ at Ancho-V Games
:D

KrisLegendary

Inkling
Rainmaker on Camp Triggerfish
Splat Zones on Port Mackerel, Saltspray Rig, Walleye Warehouse, & Kelp Dome
Tower Control on Blackbelly Skatepark & Bluefin Depot

Joltik

Inkster Jr.
NNID
YellowYoshi13
Rainmaker -- Camp Triggerfish, Port Mackerel
Splat Zones -- Piranha Pit, Moray Towers
Tower Control -- Blackbelly Skatepark, Mahi-Mahi Resort
Turf -- Any, honestly, except Hammerhead Bridge

NNID
Danatom1c
Splat Zones : Blackbelly, Arowana, Ancho V-Games, Walleye Warehouse, Piranha Pit
Turf Wars: Urchin Underpass, Walleye Warehouse
Tower Control: Museum d'Alfonsino, Camp Trigger Fish
Rainmaker: Hammerhead Bridge, Flounder Heights, Moray Towers

Alpha359

Full Squid
NNID
voyagersonic
Splat Zones: Kelp Dome, Walleye Warehouse, Port Mackerel, Piranah Pit, Mahi Mahi Resort and Hammerhead Bridge.
Tower Control: Camp Triggerfish, Hammerhead Bridge, Ancho-V- Games and Mahi Mahi Resort.
Rainmaker: Camp Triggerfish, Kelp Dome, Moray Towers, Mahi Mahi Resort, Walleye Warehouse , Port Mackerel, and Blufin Depot.
Turf War: Anything except Arowana Mall.

dubious

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hyomin
Bluefin Depot and Walleye Warehouse for Tower Control, haven't played enough of Splat Zones or Rainmaker to really have favorites...

Also all stages but Moray Towers and Camp Triggerfish for Turf Wars.

Zones

Urchin Underpass
Walleye Warehouse
Port Mackerel
Bluefin Depot

It gets very tense and heated due to being close to enemies. You're always on edge, especially when it's close which is why I enjoy those maps on Zones.

TC

Urchin Underpass
Port Mackerel
Moray Towers

For the last 2 I like how you have other things to worry about aside from the tower, you've got to watch the enemies positioning on the ramps, high vantage points and what is around the corner amongst the containers. More potential strategy and tactics you have to be aware of.

Rainmaker

Kelp Dome
Walleye Warehouse

Tend to have better results here compared to other stages.

Tyson TH

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
tyson_th
Splat Zones: Walleye Warehouse Arowana Mall, Kelp Dome, Bluefin Depot, Flounder Heights, Museum d'Alfonsino, Mahi Mahi Resort, Pirahna Pit

Tower Control: Urchin Underpass, Walleye Warehouse, Arowana Mall, Blackbelly Skatepark, Port Mackerel, Kelp Dome, Bluefin Depot, Moray Towers, Camp Triggerfish, Flounder Heights, Museum d'Alfonsino, Pirahna Pit, Ancho-V Games

Rainmaker: Urchin Underpass, Walleye Warehouse, Saltspray Rig, Arowana Mall, Port Mackerel, Kelp Dome, Bluefin Depot, Moray Towers, Camp Triggerfish, Flounder Heights, Museum d'Alfonsino, Mahi Mahi Resort, Ancho-V Games.

I generally find the game pretty balanced so I can't complain much. If I had to pick an absolute favorite, you already know Triggerfish Rainmaker is king, baby.

Tangle

Inkling
NNID
xAkitakax
Turf war : Museum d'Alfonsino, Morey Towers, Mahi Mahi, Caml Triggerfish, Piranha Pit
Splat Zones: Blackbelly Skatepark, walleye warehouse, Museum d'Alfonsino, Camp triggerfish, Hammerhead Bridge, Saltspray rig, Piranha Pit, Ancho-V Games
Tower Control: Blackbelly Skatepark, Bluefin Depot, Piranha Pit, Camp Triggerfish, Ancho-V games, urchin underpass, Kelp Dome
Rainmaker: Camp Triggerfish, Piranha Pit.

Yep, I don't like Rainmaker much xD but my two most favorite maps are probably Trigger fish and Piranha Pit, as I can play them bascically on any mode.

AlsoDededork649

Pro Squid
NNID
DARandall4711
Turf War + Ancho-V Games : Lots of space and easy to get in the enemy base.

Splat Zones + Blackbelly Skatepark: For some reason I find it fun defending the little tiny zones. Plus most of the map should be utilized IMO to win.

Tower Control + Flounder Heights: I normally cannot stand tower, but this map is the only time that I actually care for the mode, with the exception of maybe Urchin. There's something I like about this combo, just can't put my tentacle on it.

Rainmaker + Saltspray Rig: This combo is so good! The multiple ways to get up to the Rainmaker goal, the way you can scout out the opposing team... maybe I'm biased by the time I got 2 quad kills in the same match.

GoldWatson

Full Squid
NNID
floandgold
I like all the modes if they're on camp triggerfish. Other than that, I don't really like much else.

E

Encore

Splat Zones: Walleye Warehouse, Bluefin Depot, Kelp Dome, Urchin Underpass, Blackbelly Skatepark
Tower Control: Saltspray Rig, Blackbelly Skatepark, Urchin Underpass
Rainmaker: Port Mackerei, Flounder Heights, Camp Triggerfish, Mahi Mahi Resort, Urchin Underpass

I can't stand Moray Towers and Museum lol. Haven't played Pit and V-Games enough to decide whether or not I (really) like them.

Underpass is a great map.

Last edited by a moderator:

sammich

Inkling Cadet
now that i'm getting back into ranked, i have a better idea. i haven't played every stage in every mode, but i really like...

SZ: flounder heights. am i bad? i actually dislike this level in turf wars but it kinda made sense here. also liked moray the times i did it.

TC: port. it just made sense from the first time i played it. it's actually part of how i got to A+ to begin with back before i stopped doing ranked for a few months.

RM: arowana. this mode actually made this level come alive for me? i also liked what i did of moray here today.

TW: anywhere that isn't moray, bluefin or flounder heights. morray is usually either complete domination or a mostly-stalemate with the final 3 seconds deciding who inked the center last, which is tedious. it also sucks for the squiffer because we can't reach anything. bluefin is annoying because you can be doing really great but then your teammates fail on the other side and suddenly you're completely flanked with no territory but your little square. flounder heights matches just feel too random to me and so i tend to get dominated.

TheSquidling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mlewis94
SZ: Kelp Dome, Walleye Warehouse, Piranha Pit
TC: Kelp dome, Museum D'Alfonsino, Piranha Pit, Port Mackerel
RM: Ancho--V Games, Kelp Dome

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom