• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What would make Splatoon perfect

Khatsworth

Inkling
NNID
Khatsworth
Oh my gosh I would throw even more money at Nintendo if they could give us more singleplayer content. Maybe even some co-op online content, that would even better! But I freakin' loved the singleplayer, which inevitably led to being really sad it was already over. :(

Lag Chan

Inkster Jr.
Matchmaking options, even just simple ones like Mario Kart 8's Regional and Worldwide options. Would make games a lot more enjoyable and a lot less laggy for everyone.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Matchmaking options, even just simple ones like Mario Kart 8's Regional and Worldwide options. Would make games a lot more enjoyable and a lot less laggy for everyone.
I think the update coming in August'll be addressing that.

Oh my gosh I would throw even more money at Nintendo if they could give us more singleplayer content. Maybe even some co-op online content, that would even better! But I freakin' loved the singleplayer, which inevitably led to being really sad it was already over. :(
I second this. I second it a lot.

Also, if more weapons had Squid Beakon (just one or two, preferably not Rollers because we have it on Krak-On already), that would be nice.
Maybe new sub-weapons too.

Last edited:

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Pants, voice chat, skippable messages, more freshness
But Inklings like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear! Who would give that up for pants?
Seriously though, why isn't there a pants option, if not a shop?
Yes to voice chat; I get the reason for not including it, but mute buttons exist so...
Yeah, skippable messages would be nice. Maybe have some of the other characters do newscasts too (Cap'n Cuttlefish needs something to do now that I've beaten Octo Valley, Annie & Moe could do something like the routine Callie & Marie do, maybe DJ Octavio if they ever add playable Octolings (or the Octoling shooter, since it's a unique model we can't currently use), maybe Judd too somehow), just to have something different.
Not sure what freshness is, but sure, more of it sounds good.

SkyBlue

Inkling Commander
More disruptor weapons, anything else with squid beacon, less point sensors.
and an option to leave a lobby/change weapons. If not anytime then please during the last minute let us leave SO I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT ON ONE PERSON THAT YOU CAN'T FIND! that is all.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
More disruptor weapons, anything else with squid beacon, less point sensors.
Yes to more Disruptors (they're good, even if I can't use them well), YES to more Squid Beakons, maybe to less Point Sensors.
Personally, I think Point Sensors should be changed to an item you lay on the ground like a Squid Beakon, but instead of being a super-jump location, it creates a zone in which you are visible on enemy minimaps. That's what I thought it would be when I saw it, and it would probably be more useful than the current version (though maybe I just don't know how to use it).
and an option to leave a lobby/change weapons. If not anytime then please during the last minute let us leave SO I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT ON ONE PERSON THAT YOU CAN'T FIND! that is all.
Also, yeah, this. This has to be the most annoying thing about Splatoon to me.

Also, maybe having more sub-weapons. Maybe like a sentry thing that targets enemies for you for a while (there's something like that in Team Fortress 2, right?) or a cloud-ish thing that inks the area from high above (like a smaller version of the Flooder from Octo Valley, but it can't turn, is really high in the air instead of being attached to the ground and just inks in a straight line) that is destructible, but splatters in one hit if you touch the ink-rain.

Last edited:

LuisGVN

Inkling
NNID
Luis-GVN
But Inklings like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear! Who would give that up for pants?
Seriously though, why isn't there a pants option, if not a shop?
Yes to voice chat; I get the reason for not including it, but mute buttons exist so...
Yeah, skippable messages would be nice. Maybe have some of the other characters do newscasts too (Cap'n Cuttlefish needs something to do now that I've beaten Octo Valley, Annie & Moe could do something like the routine Callie & Marie do, maybe DJ Octavio if they ever add playable Octolings (or the Octoling shooter, since it's a unique model we can't currently use), maybe Judd too somehow), just to have something different.
Not sure what freshness is, but sure, more of it sounds good.
Like the Squid sisters always say, stay fresh, we could never have enough freshness

inkopolis

Inkster Jr.
NNID
kkraid
  • More hairstyles
  • An option to leave a lobby before the timer runs out
  • Make it so that the game doesn't rely so much on online features. A way to earn money other than multiplayer would be great, especially for people who don't have good internet. (Or none at all even!)
  • This is more of a want then a need, but playable Octolings.

Cereal

Full Squid
NNID
Xyvone
More hairstyles and the option to change equipment in lobby

also, better level matching system for turf wars

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
(Keep in mind, only my opinions)
they are?
Anyways, yeah, I think those points are the the main flaws of the game that everyone talks about. I don't know why people defend little content at launch, because I know I certainly don't agree with it. No saying the game isn't extremely fun at all, though.
I think the reason why you don't always get paired up with your friends is so that an entire team of pub stompers doesn't rule over everyone else. I think it's okay to make it random in Turf Wars, but you should be able to party up with a friend in ranked mode, because to me, this is inexcusable. I'm praying for SquidLadder to come up some day, or for Nintendo to fix this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom