What's your go to game when you get tired of Splatoon?

McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I'll start by saying that mine is the new Zelda game Echoes of Wisdom. Having grown up with the series, the ones that got me into the series was Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask when I was still in high school. Ever since then I've played almost every new game in the series either when it came out or through VC or NSO later. BOTW and TOTK are really good games that set the benchmark for 3D games in the series but the new game does the same thing for the 2D ones in my opinion. It really gives me strong AlttP vibes and feels like an evolution of that game. That and finally letting Zelda be the main protagonist for once and letting Link take a break really feels like an evolution of the series and I hope they continue this trend going forward.

Cephalobro

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
It's a tie between Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Pokemon Sword for me. They give me that break I need for when my mind gets overwhelmed from Splatoon.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Commander
Mega Man 9. It's not my favorite game but it's incredibly simple for me to pick up and play. There was one summer where it was basically the only thing I played so I ended up getting pretty good at it and there's an endless survival mode which is both unusual for a platformer and really awesome at the same time.

Algae

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-0896-1837-7869
I've long had my sights on Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved. It's part of a great shoot-em-up series, except its gimmick-oriented levels are liberated from 2D Euclidean space. (get the gravity falls reference?)

sevenleaf

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
as i have stated caves of qud is the best game ever created but it hasn't been my go-to recently. i think i've needed like. more energy? in my gaming these days, i guess, than a fully turn-based classic-style roguelike can give me

recently i've been very necrodancer brained. trying to clear all zones with as many characters as i can but i don't think i physically can do like, bolt (or coda but i clearly don't even have her unlocked) lol. also i have the switch copy and my wonky joycons decide to break my groove chain at random... on that note though, i've also been enjoying the rift of the necrodancer demo, especially after it updated recently

MandatoryCatalyst

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/They/Any
Switch Friend Code
SW-2709-1571-0800
God, does Flight Rising count? I straight up do not play any other games on Switch much at all right now, it's JUST my Splatoon machine that occasionally boots up Pokemon. I beat Cyberpunk 2077 last week though, and with two new things for the Horizon series coming out soon (Horizon Zero Dawn: Remastered and Horizon Lego Adventures) I'll definitely be playing those primarily for a while, but as it stands, but I'm burnt on Splatoon I just... play browser games instead. Everyone join Flight Rising with me

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
I really wanna try the hexaquest demo though, I played way too much bloxors in middle school and it's just that but on way too many steroids and my math brain would enjoy it so much. But I don't have steam

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
Splatoon's community aspect is huge for me - when taking a break, I'm playing another multiplayer/community-driven game. Some favorites that I've been revisiting recently are Fallout 76 and New World.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Could someone briefly explain in a paragraph or two what Flight Rising is? You’ve piqued my curiosity.

Grushi

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him
That's assuming I would ever get tired of Splatoon! (I have)
But back when I was still playing it regularly, I used to play a much more laid back game on the side, since Splatoon's so fast paced. Tears of the Kingdom was actually great for that! I used to just chill in that world for a bit and it's really relaxing. I did also play Bravely Second recently and that was great too, as a turn based RPG. I usually don't play action games when I want a break from it, even though I love the genre, sad.

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
I'll let you know when I get tired of Splatoon, lol.

Sometimes I play Endless Ocean to help me fall asleep though (it unironically works really well for that).

I completely forgot Flight Rising existed; I haven't played that in years. Maybe I'll look into it again. But on the other hand I have enough on my plate lately so maybe I shouldn't, hah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom