• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Which weapon makes you salty

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
On the other hand, one of the great aspects of having a pocket Rapid Blaster Pro is that the power balance is completely reversed: l must win 90% of my duels against Dynamos with it. lt's probably the hardest counter to the weapon, and it's fun to see how most Dynamos don't know it's not a favorable matchup: they're not trying to run away, instead they keep flinging hoping they'll one shot this pesky red gun. But nope, not enough range. It's so satisfying.

Smychavo

Full Squid
NNID
llantonino
.52/.96 gals, e-liters and carbon rollers are such an annoyance to me. I despise them.

thegaminghobbes

Inkling
Dynamos. Nothing personal, because people use the weapons they can use, but it was supposedly nerfed and I don't see a difference. The AoE is still ridiculous.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think it was always a full charge, but damage ups reduce it.
Before the nerf it could deal 100 damage after about 3/4 charge (or maybe a bit more, but it didn't need the full charge), so it basically was an improved Splat Charger with basically no downsides. After the nerf you do get the intended downside of having to wait for longer to splat someone, but you can still stack up Damage Ups to reduce the charge required to splat an enemy by increasing the overall damage of the weapon.

However, I'll give my Salt trophy to both of the Scoped E-Liter 3ks instead since they basically render half of the map unplayable for the enemy team :confused:

Runner Ups: Inkzooka, Rapid Blasters and the standard E-Liter 3ks

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
when burst bombs do this:
NERF burst bomb PUSH FFS (needs to get rid of completely) My teammate was pushed off without being hit at all! first one hit the tip of the pole =.= while it put me in direct hit of second, then second pushed me off.

Last edited:

Lindsey Rapisarda

Inkster Jr.
NNID
invadermarkb
when burst bombs do this:
NERF burst bomb PUSH FFS (needs to get rid of completely) My teammate was pushed off without being hit at all! first one hit the tip of the pole =.= while it put me in direct hit of second, then second pushed me off.
That's happened to me like dozens of times, but I also hate when someone has bomb rush with burst bombs or spams burst bombs.

Ott

Inkster Jr.
The weapon that makes me salty? E-liters. Why? Not because they wish me all the time (they do, but that's not why), but because of one particular match I played.

I had a a Duel Squelcher, and ALL THREE of my teammates had E-liters. It was Walleye Rainmaker. We lost, because I was the only one who would/could grab the Rainmaker! That game made me more salty than the dead sea.

subata

Full Squid
NNID
cyradius
as an inkbrush user, my ultimate enemies are pretty much carbon rollers and any blaster, although anything with a bubble is also hated. e-liters with burst bombs get a special mention, but they're more annoying rather than something that outright kills me.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Bamboozlers make me salty when they're on my team.

How often do you finish a match and think "wow that bamboozler was amazing"

Almost never. Ughhhh. I'm not saying super good Bamboozlers don't exist it's just that it's such a difficult weapon lots of people can't use it effectively.

Posso

Senior Squid
NNID
Minty_Blaziken
Luna blasters and dynamo rollers for me. Tentateks aren't as salt inducing since you know they'll only attack directly when you slip up, whereas The two weapons before mentioned kind of just pop out of no where and you cant get away in time.

Reset Bomb Jigglypuff

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yayforall
The old burst bombs... There's a reason they were nerfed. They can still be used for mobility, but THE KNOCKBACK ON THE OLD ONES. Obnoxious.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
recently, it's bomb rushes.

just one is fine, but when multiple people are using these at once it makes it REALLY hard to snipe during the slowdown.
bomb rushes can cost me my life even when i'm out of the bombs' range.

Bamboozlers make me salty when they're on my team.

How often do you finish a match and think "wow that bamboozler was amazing"

Almost never. Ughhhh. I'm not saying super good Bamboozlers don't exist it's just that it's such a difficult weapon lots of people can't use it effectively.
even if it's a great bamboozler you don't always see their contribution on the results screen.

bamboozlers don't necessarily splat and they don't necessarily ink, but their presence helps prevent upsets (mk I and II have strong defensive kits to hold back assaults) and their quick ranged shots help confirm splats for the team.

there are times when i've been the driving force of my team but i only have a few splats.

when i actually SEE myself at the top of the result list i usually think to myself: "what the hell was my team doing?"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom