• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Which weapon makes you salty

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Inkazooka makes me salty because many times the user shoots to one side and I die on the other one. What the hell? :D

Parakeet

Inkling
NNID
raptorfeathers
I feel like Luna Blasters are always out to get me when I try to snipe...I've told all of my friends they must be the sworn enemies of long range chargers. I'm always super salty when I see one or more on the opposing team T^T

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Teh Luna!!!(blasters) and probably the Nozzlenose There's always a slimy squid somewhere that just pops out of nowhere and splats me with one of those things...

*scratches head*

sammich

Inkling Cadet
1: Dynamos.
2: e-liters.
3: Blasters.

Reasons?
1: Too much hit box
2: Too much hit box
3: Too much hit box

What they all have in common?
Too much hit box, and one shots you. ;;

...and anything with Bubbler.
i think for the dynamo it's mostly the sweetspot rather than the hitbox as a whole? if the sweetspot were reduced so the weapon was less capable offensively but still good at inking large areas i feel it would be more balanced.

e-liters piss me off sometimes, but mostly because damage ups both reduce their charge time while also making their already-powerful burst bombs even better. there is almost zero risk with this weapon.

blasters could also do with a reduced hitbox/sweetspot, particularly for lunas. it's annoying that they don't have to aim, their shots fire at a faster rate than a squiffer, and they can still get OHKOs.

bubblers make me salty because any weapon with a bubbler, particularly the splat jr, can chase off a squiffer with zero risk. the worst the squiffer can do is pull out its own bubbler, but it's still at a disadvantage because of its fire rate and the necessity of aiming.

all four make me salty, though dynamos least of all.

-------------------

my personal saltiest comes from e-liters/splatterscopes using damage ups to reduce their charge time and from gals just in general. with their 2-shot killing potential from stray fire it should be outranged by the squiffer more clearly. at the point it is now, even if the squiffer DOES barely outrange the gals, most non-stealth confrontations end with a dead squiffer or AT BEST a trade.

i used to be upset about rollers but as time went on i came to respect non-dynamos a lot.

MasterSaruwatari

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MasterHavik
i think for the dynamo it's mostly the sweetspot rather than the hitbox as a whole? if the sweetspot were reduced so the weapon was less capable offensively but still good at inking large areas i feel it would be more balanced.

e-liters piss me off sometimes, but mostly because damage ups both reduce their charge time while also making their already-powerful burst bombs even better. there is almost zero risk with this weapon.

blasters could also do with a reduced hitbox/sweetspot, particularly for lunas. it's annoying that they don't have to aim, their shots fire at a faster rate than a squiffer, and they can still get OHKOs.

bubblers make me salty because any weapon with a bubbler, particularly the splat jr, can chase off a squiffer with zero risk. the worst the squiffer can do is pull out its own bubbler, but it's still at a disadvantage because of its fire rate and the necessity of aiming.

all four make me salty, though dynamos least of all.

-------------------

my personal saltiest comes from e-liters/splatterscopes using damage ups to reduce their charge time and from gals just in general. with their 2-shot killing potential from stray fire it should be outranged by the squiffer more clearly. at the point it is now, even if the squiffer DOES barely outrange the gals, most non-stealth confrontations end with a dead squiffer or AT BEST a trade.

i used to be upset about rollers but as time went on i came to respect non-dynamos a lot.
E-liters were nerf in 2.0.0 dude.

_Ness10_

Inkling
NNID
Scottiscool
For sure, the Dynamo Roller. All they have to do is just sit back and fling their roller. Especially because most of the weapons I use are short-mid range, they easily kill me a lot.

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
Dynamo Rollers. It should've been Illegal to make a roller with that much range! I don't mind if they manage to space me out and get the kill, but it's annoying when I get splatted by one I can't even see.

MasterSaruwatari

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MasterHavik
yes, and they needed that.
nerf em again. damage up should not reduce charge time on any charger.
I heard they need a full charge to kill now due to the nerf. So people who used it went to belt splatterscope...a weapon I just brought. I may use the eliter 3k when I get the money for it.
For sure, the Dynamo Roller. All they have to do is just sit back and fling their roller. Especially because most of the weapons I use are short-mid range, they easily kill me a lot.
That is the beauty of rollers in general. I main Krak-on roller but have picked up the dynamo....the reason why I feel Rollers are so some of the best in the game is because there is much need to aim them, even the krak-on roller. It's so easy to get doubles ot triples...I love it.

I want to hug Nintendo for creating a weapon class where aiming was so easy a caveman can do it.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I heard they need a full charge to kill now due to the nerf. So people who used it went to belt splatterscope...a weapon I just brought. I may use the eliter 3k when I get the money for it.
That is the beauty of rollers in general. I main Krak-on roller but have picked up the dynamo....the reason why I feel Rollers are so some of the best in the game is because there is much need to aim them, even the krak-on roller. It's so easy to get doubles ot triples...I love it.

I want to hug Nintendo for creating a weapon class where aiming was so easy a caveman can do it.
I think it was always a full charge, but damage ups reduce it. I think it was definitely overpowered before the nerf since a couple mains could make it go down to about just half a charge. (If you watch some 3K videos before the patch you can definitely see why it was needed)
Afterwards 2 mains only reduce it to about a 75% charge and I think it can be reduced to 66% or so. Maybe it's because I main it, but I personally wouldn't want it to be nerfed more or at least too much more. (I'm starting to main the custom more so I don't have a whole lot of options in dealing with enemies close by)

I think my most hated weapons are Blasters though. The moment I get hit by the blast of a Luna, I'm pretty much finished even if I try to run away.

MasterSaruwatari

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MasterHavik
I think it was always a full charge, but damage ups reduce it. I think it was definitely overpowered before the nerf since a couple mains could make it go down to about just half a charge. (If you watch some 3K videos before the patch you can definitely see why it was needed)
Afterwards 2 mains only reduce it to about a 75% charge and I think it can be reduced to 66% or so. Maybe it's because I main it, but I personally wouldn't want it to be nerfed more or at least too much more. (I'm starting to main the custom more so I don't have a whole lot of options in dealing with enemies close by)

I think my most hated weapons are Blasters though. The moment I get hit by the blast of a Luna, I'm pretty much finished even if I try to run away.
I been thinking of taking on a sniper weapon since I am starting to learn that I like to play defense in this game.

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
As a Sploosh user Dynamos fill me with impotent rage. l don't think l've ever won an encounter with a Dynamo. The best l can achieve is a trade and l've lost count on the number of time l got splatted while l was fruitlessly attempting to flank them, sometimes even when l swam behind them.

Poptart

Inkling
NNID
SpyCrab18
The majority of the time, I'm playing with and against Japanese (even though I'm European), so chargers make me salty because hit boxes are non existent playing against them.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
The majority of the time, I'm playing with and against Japanese (even though I'm European), so chargers make me salty because hit boxes are non existent playing against them.
There was an eliter getting me from behind walls and while looking at other people last night. Seriously, I'd check to make sure his laser was pointed away then get splatted WHILE his laser was pointing away...

Why do I even play this game anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom