• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Which weapon will you be maining in Splatoon 2?

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I'll stick to my previous mains from Splatoon 1, minus the E-Liter if it doesn't return and minus the Splattershot Pro unless it gets better sets. Also going to look into the Splatbrella which looks very technical and promising.

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
Found out that Tentatek's in the game bois! I've found my main (but I won't be ignoring the Splattershot this time because I like that kit)!

ATB101

Inkling
NNID
ATB101
Switch Friend Code
SW-0895-5093-8215
I might do dulies. I did really well with them in the testfire, and at events. I seem to understand more of the rolling. If not I will do slosher like in Splatoon 1

bbninjas

Inkling
I'm definitely going to be playing around with the Roller class, especially with that new vertical flick and the buff on the roll. There's a lot more options. I think it's really going come down to those kits; I'm really hoping for a kit with the Beakons and a long range Special, as that would fit my playstyle. I've also found that I'm liking the Splattershot recently after never really using it much, so I might try that again if there's a kit I like.

Flash Fire

Inkling
NNID
Kai560
I'm gonna try maining the Splat Brella and Goo tuber but I'll keep using my Tentatek since it has Splat bombs and inkjet now and if .52 and .96 deco have better kits than the vanilla versions they showed, I'll main them.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Splat Brella looks like it'll change my mind once it releases!

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I'm eyeing both the Splat Brella and Goo Tuber right now....maybe it would compliment my Inkbrush And Roller usage pretty well! I'll try both the old and the new here.

OmegaDivider

Squid Sisters Fanboy
NNID
OmegaDivider
Ended up going with the Inkbrush and the Jr. in 1
If I tried anything else I would go from top scorer on the team to being a (mostly) detriment to my team soooo... May not have a choice. I'll try everything, though!

Dog King

Full Squid
Well, I mained the Custom Jet Squelcher in the first game (though I often used the Splattershot Pro). I'm really liking the look of the Dualies in this game and I've always adored being a flanker and I see this new weapon type doing just that! So, I'm gonna try my best with the Dualies!

P-Kong

Full Squid
I'd start out with the Heavy Splatling on SZ and am considering the Goo Tuber for RM, though I plan to use every weapon once, maybe getting 10k turf inked with each if I'm motivated.
I hope I won't end up using exclusively the Luna Blaster on Tower Control, oh well.
Its kit (Splat Bomb/Baller) is quite tempting.

What will happen to the Squiffer and Bamboozler, though…
I like close-range chargers, the new charge keep is something that might change their roles and the Goo Tuber already looks pretty solid.

ktay95

Inkling
NNID
ktay95
Slosher, Brush and Roller as secondaries.
The Brella looks pretty neat tho

dylan_not_bob

Stardust Crusquider
Going to start with Splash-o-matic. I loved the splash in S1 but wasn't really a fan of the loadout(s). Happy to see it get Toxix Mist because it's similar to disruptor which was always my favourite sub and I was always disappointed Splash never got a set with it.

Switch Friend Code
SW-7067-7083-1429
I'll probably continue with most of the weapons I used frequently in the first game. I'm especially hyped for the new Slosher kit, since the Tenta Missiles are probably my favorite special (out of what was available in the Testfire anyway), and Suction Bombs are always nice too. The Dualies are also very exciting to me, since I'm a fan of faster weapons and I did pretty well with them in the Testfire. The Splat Brella looks amazing too.

Ibusama

Inkster Jr.
Thinking of maining the Goo Tuber. The only problem is we only know its strength (holding the charge longer) but we still don't know at what cost. I'm hoping that it is range and not charge time. I'm also hoping for a Scope Tuber.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Thinking of maining the Goo Tuber. The only problem is we only know its strength (holding the charge longer) but we still don't know at what cost. I'm hoping that it is range and not charge time. I'm also hoping for a Scope Tuber.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as demonstrated in the direct it does indeed take longer to charge, and the hold charge ability is exclusive to non-scoped Chargers, so there can't be a scoped Goo Tuber.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Now that we have more information, I can say with certainty that I will absolutely keep on maining the Jet Squelcher. That new loadout, Poison Mist + Tenta Missiles, is a nightmare... for my opponents :D BEWARE THE ZONING KING!

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Now that we have more information, I can say with certainty that I will absolutely keep on maining the Jet Squelcher. That new loadout, Poison Mist + Tenta Missiles, is a nightmare... for my opponents :D BEWARE THE ZONING KING!
I remember being obsessed with wanting Disruptors on a long ranged weapon in the first game, and this time we get that immediately! Do we know what effect sub power up has on poison mist, i.e. wider radius or longer lasting?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I remember being obsessed with wanting Disruptors on a long ranged weapon in the first game, and this time we get that immediately! Do we know what effect sub power up has on poison mist, i.e. wider radius or longer lasting?
We do not know that effect, and while I desperately want to know, literally any effect it has could be devastating. Funny how my interest in poison mist went from neutral to massive once it was put on my favorite weapon :P

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
After conducting more research into the current load outs that are gonna be offered (it is my impression you can never change what sub weapons and special each weapon has right?) I REALLY love the roller/curling bomb and even the special is good for tight situations to help you escape at the very least, as nobody wants to be anywhere near you as you set it off XD

I have never tried weapons like the brush and slosher (and the umbrella has me curious too)...but at the moment, looks like roller for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom