• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Which weapon will you be maining in Splatoon 2?

Ibusama

Inkster Jr.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but as demonstrated in the direct it does indeed take longer to charge, and the hold charge ability is exclusive to non-scoped Chargers, so there can't be a scoped Goo Tuber.
Oh man..
I'm still gonna try it though, the charge time does not seem that bad.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Man I have no idea, but I sure know I'm going to use the roller while all the newbies are around to get steamrolled.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
In splatoon I mainly used the scoped splat chargers as my supportive weapon and the carbon roller as my offensive weapon.

The Flingza Roller and Splat Brella have definitely caught my interests, and I can't wait to try them both out! I originally hated the roller class until the introduction of Carbon Roller because they were just so slow and clunky. It was annoying to climb walls and I often traded in kills due to the swing time. The Carbon Roller was completely different though! It was this fast one hitting weapon that was really good at close quarters and you could climbs walls extremely fast with burst bombs. The Flingza Roller seems to take everything I liked about the Carbon Roller (Fast close quarters weapon) while adding the option of a dynamo/charger like play style. You can choose to play the weapon fast and offensive like a Carbon Roller or a slower more defensive pace by transforming it with vertical swings. I can see the Flingza easily replacing the Carbon Roller for me due to all the unique bonuses the weapon brings while still acting like a Carbon Roller when needed.

The Splat Brella is such an interesting weapon that I see a ton of potential in. Being able to block attacks completely or to even shoot the umbrella as a moving shield is a really interesting design! You can act like a shield for your team by blocking charger shots/roller flings or even make flank approaches that would otherwise be extremely unsafe. Just imagine how hard this weapon will troll dynamo rollers by simply approaching them and blocking their slow flicks.

Flingza Roller and Splat Brella are both hybrid weapons that I will end up making my main weapons probably. The Flingza Roller is basically a Carbon Roller on crack so I'm set on it already lol.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I'm with dylan_not_bob: I always did well with the Splash-O-Matic, but wasn't fond of the kit. I'm prepared to like Toxic Mist a lot, though, and the Inkjet is fun even if I'm not sold on the risk it comes with. I'll be looking for a good Slosher, too--Suction Bombs are OK, but I'd rather have my Splash Wall back. I may need to play around with the new Blasters to pick one I like, and I'm eagerly awaiting news on what the .52's come with.

I think the new specials will take a lot of getting used to before I decide what I really like--they're all a lot more limited than the old ones. Same for the subs--the Sprinkler sounds like it's been nerfed, and I definitely need to experiment with the Autobomb.

tanzinyagrill

Inkling
Brushes, Dynamo, Splatlings, everything that I used to main. The Inkbrush has a lot of potential for redemption with some amazing kits. The Octobrush's kit is a bit iffy but definitely salvageable if Autobombs turn out better than expected, since Inkjet is pretty nice on it. I really don't like the Dynamo kit but that means there's only room for improvement on the Gold, no? I love Sprinkler on the Heavy but I'm not sure about Sting Ray on it (more optimistic than with the Dynamo though.)
Other than that, I will definitely main a beakon weapon for the sake of beakons. Dapple Dualies look promising especially with Suction Bomb Launcher but I'll have to see how it works out.
The Splat Brella scratches my support itch and it looks awesome. From the ink tank indicator in the footage it seems to have Sprinklers which would be perfect for me, but maybe we'll get a beakon variant and I can hit two salmonid with one stone. Why not both? Real talk though, the Brella has to try pretty hard to disappoint me.

karl childers

Full Squid
The Hero Octobrush for sure and one of the new Hydras. Splat Brella looks fun. Might main it too.

BloodWingdAngel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BloodWingedAngel
As someone who mained the Carbon Roller in Splatoon 1, I will most likely be maining the Flingza Roller, pretty much for all the same reasons D3RK said above: Carbon like speed and horizontal flick, with Dynamo like vertical flick when needed. Now to wait till the game launches and see if the Flingza also gets that boost in run speed like the other rollers do, or it it'll just be max speed from the start (the latter seems more likely)

Cyrus Dark

Full Squid
NNID
Geprodis
I have always used a roller, and I suspect I will try out the various rollers until I find my favorite....but....I really want to try out every weapon this game. I plan to try them all out and give them all a fair chance and not just stick to my old reliable roller.

Sqwiddles

Pro Squid
NNID
PheenieWeen
Main what I always mained: Octobrushes and Inkbrushes
I do wanna give the Splatbrella a try. It looks like the Bamboozler 2.0 but done correctly.

I really do hope the Octobrushes and Inkbrushes gets good kits though. I'm really not liking how the Octobrush's kit is currently. Looks like Charger food. Give me a brush with Splashdown, Bubble wand, or Baller and we be good as ****. I don't care about the Inkjet. Basically the new Octobrush is the Nou one and I don't main that one. I use the normal one.
So I'll be expecting Beakons and Baller for another Octobrush. If not, I'll be disappointed.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
probably the duallies!
Wanna see what awsome things you can do with them, also tenta missiles, my current favourite specials.

Although not maining them, i'm gonna try to use rollers and brushes since i have never used them in splat 1.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Everything i mained in splatoon i'm gonna main in splatoon 2. Of the new weapons i might main the duallies, but i'm definitely maining the clash blaster (i love the rapid blaster) and splat brella. I really love shotguns and i've always wanted something like that in splatoon. The roller and slosher give a feel of that, but i'm really gonna love this one especially with the pseudo shield.

IceIceSquiddy

Inkling
I'll definetely be using a lot of the Dualies early on, but I'm super excited for the Splat Brella to drop. I rotated through lots of different weapons from the Splattershot Pro to the Dual Squelcher to the Carbon Roller to the N-Zap 89 and more in the original, so I might end up doing something similar here.

P-Kong

Full Squid
@MindWanderer
The Sprinkler got nerfed?
I saw a buff in the inkreased performance in the first few seconds when sent out, it covers areas faster and then turns to the Sprinkler we knew…
But if the performance stayed as it was and then just worsens, it's definitely a devastating nerf.

@Lonely_Dolphin @Dessgeega
Bomb Power Up should work like Bomb Range up on the subs that were affected by it before, wouldn't Toxic Mist have the same throwing distance as the Disruptor then?

–––

I like the kit of the new N-Zap '85 (Suction Bomb/Ink Armor), but its walking speed seems to be slowed down (as its the case with many other shooters).
Maybe it will be my reliable go-to shooter I'll use for Turf War or whenever things go rough, just like the Splash-O was in the original.

NegativeXero

Inkling
NNID
ColeXero
Jet Squelcher. Also Sloshing Machine and Splat Brella (or a future variation) seem cool in this new Splatoon, whenever they get released.

SuicuneEmperor

Inkling
NNID
TsumTsum999999
I'll be using the Splattershot. I've been maining it since Splatoon 1.

It can 3 hit kill, has good range, good fire-rate, and is the embodiment of Turf War.

By the way are we going to be able to edit the special abilities for our weapons? I don't want to fill my backpack with skins. -_-
FLINGZA ROLLER, SPLATBRELLA, AND DAPPLEDUALIES!!!!!!!

JacobVR

Inkling
Splatfests, in my opinion, were so much more interesting when Miiverse was still a thing. All the art that was made in excitement/anticipation over the event made Splatfests so much more exciting and interesting. Some of the most popular users would go out of their way to make all sorts of crazy cool things in anticipation of the event, be it pixel art or digital art via Art Academy.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Splatfests, in my opinion, were so much more interesting when Miiverse was still a thing. All the art that was made in excitement/anticipation over the event made Splatfests so much more exciting and interesting. Some of the most popular users would go out of their way to make all sorts of crazy cool things in anticipation of the event, be it pixel art or digital art via Art Academy.
Wrong thread?

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Probably some Roller/Brush like Splatoon 1, but I can't guarantee since specials did change so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom