• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Why are female Inklings more popular?

Pringlemari

Inkling
NNID
Pringlesplat
Switch Friend Code
SW-4680-9413-7226
I had this on my mind for a long time, but I keep noticing this ever since I first bought Splatoon back in late July. Is there a reason why Inkling girls are more popular than Inkling boys? I mean, every time I'm either playing the game or watching gameplay footage on YT, it seems there are a good majority of people (including males) that play as an Inkling girl. I do see some people play as the boys, but it isn't all that often. Outside of this, I go to places like DA and there seems to be more fan art of the girls compared to the boys.

Note that I'm not bothered by this at all. I'm a huge nut for female Inklings in general (I play as one and it's pretty obvious on how much I love them from my avatar & sig alone). This is just a question I'm honestly curious about lately.
Because of the sissies like my little sister who play :)

Chouki

Inkling
I always played as a boy inkling back when I still played the original game, they looked better imo

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Noticed this too. I'm female, and I play as an Inkling Girl for my main acct.....quite naturally. I think most girls/women are gonna choose the Inkling Girl due to female characters in games being under representated. My alt account was a boy for a while. It was cute seeing an obvious woman's name use an Inkling Boy since it's usually the other way around. As long as a dude's reasons for loving the Inkling Girl so much aren't creepy/perverted, then I think it's cool to see guys support female characters . I also like how both can wear the same thing regardless of gender. I'm starting to see why people from the lgbt/agender community like this game. I think both Inkling boy and girl are adorable, and it would've been boring had it been only Inkling girls in this game.

I'm lame.....didn't notice until after I posted that this was the Splatoon 1 board.

Last edited:

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
As long as a dude's reasons for loving the Inkling Girl so much aren't creepy/perverted, then I think it's cool to see guys support female characters
Darn.

I also like how both can wear the same thing regardless of gender.
Except pants. Thanks conservative, Japanese Nintendo. :/

I'm lame.....didn't notice until after I posted that this was the Splatoon 1 board.
Trust me, you're far from the only one who has made this mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom