Why are female Inklings more popular?

Pringlemari

Inkling
NNID
Pringlesplat
Switch Friend Code
SW-4680-9413-7226
I had this on my mind for a long time, but I keep noticing this ever since I first bought Splatoon back in late July. Is there a reason why Inkling girls are more popular than Inkling boys? I mean, every time I'm either playing the game or watching gameplay footage on YT, it seems there are a good majority of people (including males) that play as an Inkling girl. I do see some people play as the boys, but it isn't all that often. Outside of this, I go to places like DA and there seems to be more fan art of the girls compared to the boys.

Note that I'm not bothered by this at all. I'm a huge nut for female Inklings in general (I play as one and it's pretty obvious on how much I love them from my avatar & sig alone). This is just a question I'm honestly curious about lately.
Because of the sissies like my little sister who play :)

Chouki

Inkling
I always played as a boy inkling back when I still played the original game, they looked better imo

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Noticed this too. I'm female, and I play as an Inkling Girl for my main acct.....quite naturally. I think most girls/women are gonna choose the Inkling Girl due to female characters in games being under representated. My alt account was a boy for a while. It was cute seeing an obvious woman's name use an Inkling Boy since it's usually the other way around. As long as a dude's reasons for loving the Inkling Girl so much aren't creepy/perverted, then I think it's cool to see guys support female characters . I also like how both can wear the same thing regardless of gender. I'm starting to see why people from the lgbt/agender community like this game. I think both Inkling boy and girl are adorable, and it would've been boring had it been only Inkling girls in this game.

I'm lame.....didn't notice until after I posted that this was the Splatoon 1 board.

Last edited:

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
As long as a dude's reasons for loving the Inkling Girl so much aren't creepy/perverted, then I think it's cool to see guys support female characters
Darn.

I also like how both can wear the same thing regardless of gender.
Except pants. Thanks conservative, Japanese Nintendo. :/

I'm lame.....didn't notice until after I posted that this was the Splatoon 1 board.
Trust me, you're far from the only one who has made this mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom