1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Why are female Inklings more popular?

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Heroine of Squids, Nov 30, 2015.

1. CoCo

CoCo Inkling

NNID:
    JupiterJack
    Because they can be woomy, therefore by default female inklings have a clear advantage over boy squids (whom can only be "ngyes", whatever that means).

Also heard the ponytail's a deal breaker for many.

VOCALOVER and squiddoodly like this.
  2. subata

subata Full Squid

NNID:
    cyradius
    I use the boy inkling out of being a hipster when it comes to a character to play as, and also because although most people hate his top knot, his top knot matches more with the various headbands and shades that splatoon has.

3. Rockenberg

Rockenberg CEO of Rockenberg

NNID:
    Rockenberg_Ltd
    They're sexy af not even gonna lie, but like I know damn well I'd just stare at her a** then straight up start fapping while a match is going on.

ThatOneGuy, Anaru and Vitezen like this.
  4. YesI'mTaco34

YesI'mTaco34 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    YesImTaco
    [​IMG]

5. Ansible

Ansible Squid Savior From the Future
    Community Ambassador

NNID:
    RocketRobin
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8134-5728-9110
    At first I thought you mean the plaza, because I do notice they have different animations when you view their profile. Then I went to the test range with the girl inkling to see what you were talking about and was like, "oh. OhhH~. Well... oh my~!"

VOCALOVER, Anaru and Rockenberg like this.
  6. aceofscarabs

aceofscarabs Inkling Fleet Admiral

7. R2D221

R2D221 Senior Squid

NNID:
    R2D221
    Octolings are still sexier, in my opinion.

MissingNumbers and Rockenberg like this.
  8. Nero86

Nero86 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    nero86
    I use inkling girl because her mood feels like a crazy/"trickster" person. The boy seems to lack all this vibe to me, is more like a sportsboy and more serious.

9. Kris_K

Kris_K Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2715-6684-4401
    Because they are ridiculously cute.

Ansible and Hero of Lime like this.
  10. Mikaya

Mikaya Inkling Cadet
    Premium

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-4841-8448-2209
    They're just plain adorable, who can resist stylish long tentacle hairstyles and the meme that is 'Woomy'? xD

They sound much cuter and perhaps there are more girls than guy players? Even if most of the guys choose Inkling girl gender for their squid character. :p

Ansible likes this.
  11. Nuddlmaus

Nuddlmaus Pro Squid

NNID:
    Nuddlmaus
    I always play female characters in any game. I just prefer to watch their animation and body (yes call me pervert but i prefer watching woman).

Also its funny because most RPGs favor male characters in story etc. its cool to break with stereotypes missions like "damsel in distress" quests.

Ansible likes this.
  12. Hero of Lime

Hero of Lime Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Link643
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5339-5185-8796.
    I already commented on this like 2 years ago, but just to reiterate, they are beyond adorable on many counts. Good designs, cute designs, cute noises that has been expanded upon in the second game, and as its been pointed out they were the main design in the first game, and it shows.

Even with better hair designs in Splatoon 2, the boys just don't click with me, but if I had to play as one it would be more bearable this time around with the hair options.

Ansible likes this.
  13. MrZNF

MrZNF Inkling

I play as a male inkling, because I thought the game asked me to pick my gender. And even though I can change my character, I tend to stick with my choices, so I'm not planning to change. Plus, I don't mind the design at all (I chose option 4 hairstyle), and I think all the clothes options overall look pretty good on my character :)

14. Nuddlmaus

Nuddlmaus Pro Squid

NNID:
    Nuddlmaus
    Yeah the 4 hairstyles for male inklings really helped them alot to appeal to a broader audience.

squiddoodly likes this.
  15. Makeshift

Makeshift Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    rosesarered14
    It mostly boils down to the hair for me. I am a girl that plays as a girl in Splatoon 1, but I'm gonna be a male in the second game because I like the male hair better.

16. Lyn

Lyn Squid Savior From the Future
    Premium

Well this thread has gone on a lot longer than I assumed it would, aha.

17. Elecmaw

Elecmaw Lord of the Squids

NNID:
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3466-8927-7969
    Well this thing sure just got necro'd

For me personally one of the biggest draws to the girl inkling's design are the two droopy ear-like tentacles flopping to her sides. The dudes don't have that many exotic features like inkling girls have, and their characteristic ponytails get obscured with most hats. The guys also have this bland-ish buzzcut pattern over their forehead while girls get a more stylish... thing over their forehead that resembles hair.

I still think it's probably the big drooping ear-like appendages that makes people prefer the girl's design more. But i really like both designs, but i like the girl's design just a little bit more.

18. squiddoodly

squiddoodly Full Squid

For some reason female characters appeal more to people, I don't really relate though. I always use the boy inkling because I like his design more than the girl inkling. I have to agree with CoCo though, the boy inkling's ponytail is...a deal breaker, but my inkling always wears a hat. I'm sure i'm not the only female that uses the boy inkling instead of vice versa.

19. Drew Sebastino

Drew Sebastino Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Espozo
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3924-6316-9401
    Yet, you have a female inkling profile picture. :rolleyes:

Yin_ and MissingNumbers like this.
  20. squiddoodly

squiddoodly Full Squid

I don't dislike the female inkling, I just simply prefer to pick the male inkling over the female inkling. Which is why I used a female inkling for my profile picture, her expression is neat too. Hope that cleared up any confusion.

Yin_ likes this.