• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why are female Inklings more popular?

CoCo

Inkling
NNID
JupiterJack
Because they can be woomy, therefore by default female inklings have a clear advantage over boy squids (whom can only be "ngyes", whatever that means).

Also heard the ponytail's a deal breaker for many.

subata

Full Squid
NNID
cyradius
I use the boy inkling out of being a hipster when it comes to a character to play as, and also because although most people hate his top knot, his top knot matches more with the various headbands and shades that splatoon has.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
They're sexy af not even gonna lie, but like I know damn well I'd just stare at her a** then straight up start fapping while a match is going on.
At first I thought you mean the plaza, because I do notice they have different animations when you view their profile. Then I went to the test range with the girl inkling to see what you were talking about and was like, "oh. OhhH~. Well... oh my~!"

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
They're just plain adorable, who can resist stylish long tentacle hairstyles and the meme that is 'Woomy'? xD

They sound much cuter and perhaps there are more girls than guy players? Even if most of the guys choose Inkling girl gender for their squid character. :P

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
I always play female characters in any game. I just prefer to watch their animation and body (yes call me pervert but i prefer watching woman).

Also its funny because most RPGs favor male characters in story etc. its cool to break with stereotypes missions like "damsel in distress" quests.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I already commented on this like 2 years ago, but just to reiterate, they are beyond adorable on many counts. Good designs, cute designs, cute noises that has been expanded upon in the second game, and as its been pointed out they were the main design in the first game, and it shows.

Even with better hair designs in Splatoon 2, the boys just don't click with me, but if I had to play as one it would be more bearable this time around with the hair options.

MrZNF

Inkling
I play as a male inkling, because I thought the game asked me to pick my gender. And even though I can change my character, I tend to stick with my choices, so I'm not planning to change. Plus, I don't mind the design at all (I chose option 4 hairstyle), and I think all the clothes options overall look pretty good on my character :)

Makeshift

Inkster Jr.
NNID
rosesarered14
It mostly boils down to the hair for me. I am a girl that plays as a girl in Splatoon 1, but I'm gonna be a male in the second game because I like the male hair better.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Well this thread has gone on a lot longer than I assumed it would, aha.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Well this thing sure just got necro'd

For me personally one of the biggest draws to the girl inkling's design are the two droopy ear-like tentacles flopping to her sides. The dudes don't have that many exotic features like inkling girls have, and their characteristic ponytails get obscured with most hats. The guys also have this bland-ish buzzcut pattern over their forehead while girls get a more stylish... thing over their forehead that resembles hair.

I still think it's probably the big drooping ear-like appendages that makes people prefer the girl's design more. But i really like both designs, but i like the girl's design just a little bit more.

squiddoodly

Full Squid
For some reason female characters appeal more to people, I don't really relate though. I always use the boy inkling because I like his design more than the girl inkling. I have to agree with CoCo though, the boy inkling's ponytail is...a deal breaker, but my inkling always wears a hat. I'm sure i'm not the only female that uses the boy inkling instead of vice versa.

squiddoodly

Full Squid
Yet, you have a female inkling profile picture.
I don't dislike the female inkling, I just simply prefer to pick the male inkling over the female inkling. Which is why I used a female inkling for my profile picture, her expression is neat too. Hope that cleared up any confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom