• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why Did You Choose That Username?

mezzo

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ledyba
i just liked the sound of the word "mezzo" (it means middle in italian, but i didn't choose it based on meaning) and it stuck. i also think it kinda sounds futuristic or cool or something. i'm actually not really sure why i like the word so much.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
Needed a name with words I liked that wasn't taken in a number of websites and also didn't have any numbers attached to it. I hate having to add numbers to my usernames.

Pinko

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Pinkolol16
My username is a nickname of a nickname. The NNID is the full name I get called on the internet (Pinkolol16) and I named it that way for a reason.

In 2008, I was tired with just my regular name on my Nintendo DS since it didn't sound cool for a gamer name. My favourite colour at the time was pink, and I was just getting into some internet terminology such as 'lol' so I decided to merge the two together. 16 came later when I was signing up for various sites, and comes from my birthdate (16th of April) so I have used it on several sites because of it.

Over the times as I've visited sites though people colloquially call me just "Pink" or uncommonly "Pinko" so the name on the side here is one of those nicknames, the latter specifically.

Lazarus

Inkster Jr.
NNID
supamang64
My IRL name is Lazarus, because parents.

My NNID is an inside joke with a few friends of mine and a play on the game Superman for the N64 (terrible game).

CptnFluffy (my current name on splatoon) is short for Captain Fluffy. I usually swap out the "Captain" for other things like Lieutenant and General, but Captain just sounds the coolest imo.

lostleader

Senior Squid
NNID
lostleader
This actually goes a bit back to my days as a high school punk. See I would often hang out with a lot of the neighborhood kids, and I often was looked upon as a leader to them, so I started using that as my handle in a lot of the games we played. I believe the first time I ever used it was for Metal Arms: Glitch in the system (lovely game btw).

Now you may think, oh just tag lost on there, and you got the whole origin? Well, ya, of course you would, but could you let me finish my story jeez.... Anyway while I was often looked up as a leader, I never felt I was the type to led people around. Not because I wasn't capable, but it just wasnt my thing. I'm often dazed and confused myself on what to do, and honestly the majority of the time it led up to just playing games, going out to eat, and listening to what they had for suggests. So when it came time to get a new handle at a little site once known as brawl central I decided on lostleader. I think the biggest reason I stick with it though is because it's such a dumb joke, and it so accurately describes my situation.Also I have a tendency to use LOSTLEAD8R because it looks cool, and I can't use my regular handle.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I've used Zero Meddler since 2012.

Zero - My favorite Megaman X character.... Zero.

Meddler - I had Scooby-Doo in my head at the time of its creation. It's based off of the " And I would've gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling kids" line.

MintChipper

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TonyEH
Mint Chip is my favorite ice cream flavor. I use this on forums and use "TioMint" in games, I don't in Splatoon cause squad stuffs. Tio means uncle in Spanish.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The first forum I ever joined was a Pokémon forum, Bulbagarden. At the time I was (naturally) a giant Pokénerd, and having done a little digging I learned about the so-called Pokegods of years past. I found one named Flareth, saw that it was related to Flareon (mi favorito), thought the name kicked ***, and the rest is history.

I actually wasn't going to use it as my name here, but I couldn't think of anything else that I liked.

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
Back in the day, I used to have a tag called ExtremeTechPro, which is also my current NNID. At the time, I wanted to make a tag that would make sense if I ever had to be addressed in a gaming medium, such as Twitch. I decided on VideoGameVirtuoso because I was passionate about video games as a source of social entertainment, and that virtuoso accurately describes my proefficiency and state of mind while interacting with it. Virtuoso also refers to my interest in video game music, in which I improvise over OSTs with the piano.

Also, the abbreviation is VGV, which is an easy tag to remember online and IRL when entering into gaming tournaments, etc.

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
Ayasha is Native for "little one", 89 is my birth year. Adding to the name, I'm in the "5 feet and under club" and have a few tribes in my heritage from one or two generations back. I feel pretty prideful towards them. I play to win and pretty aggressively, so it fits my personality as well. Think Tsundere. Not really an amazing story. Pretty generic and boring, imo.

My in-game names vary from favorite anime chars, other real life nicknames, or names to test reactions as a social experiment. I once went by No Camping for awhile and refused to go farther than holding down our side and mid.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I am a super huge Zelda fan, so I wanted a nickname that reflected that. I like puns so I wanted to incorporate that. Thus, the Hero of Lime username was born! I actually considered making it the "Hero of Rhyme", or "Hero of Thyme", which is a spice, but went with Lime. My first use of this username is when I made an Escapist Forum account, and have used it almost everywhere else ever since.

I recently did a search for Hero of Lime, and found other people using it. That ain't right!

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
because my name is Cody and I played Mario Kart Wii which is the best Mario Kart ever ;)

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
Welp, I was thinking on words I could have fun with by rearranging their letters. I was playing Tales of Graces F and a favorite name of attack was the Blistering Waltz. I took the last word, Waltz, flipped it backwards and rearranged the letters and there you have it, Zawlt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom