• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Why Did You Choose That Username?

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Noire is French for black and and I'm a fan of the black color... but mostly on cars.
I think it sounds fancy but that's just me . :P

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
I chose my name because I love bats... Bats are Pteropines...

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
The name I usually go by outside of this place is 'Heroine of Winds' but since I joined here and to keep the tradition of squid puns, I switched 'Winds' to 'Squids'. And yes, 'Heroine of Winds' is a reference to the Hero of Winds from Wind Waker (my favorite Zelda game).

shy

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2855-0246-7213
People call me shy as a nickname so I thought it would be a good username.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I threw two random stupid words together and this was the result.

Luka

Inkling
NNID
Kittari
I just find the name "Luka" to be a very lovely name, and I adore it. If I'm in no way able to use any variation of "Luka", then I default to "Kittari", which, on top of being my NNID, is derived from my favorite monster from the Kirby anime, Kittarihattari (Slice n' Splice in the ENG dub).

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
Friend + Brendan
Some guy that I despise gave me it, but everyone called me it, so it just stuck.

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
The 'Ink Gunner' part is a reference to to my love of run n' gun tactics. It's not efficient but when you got aggressive inklings, that's the way to go. Rock it and play for keeps~

azuhoshi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
air.conditioner
Azu from the shade of blue, 'azure', and 'hoshi' from the Japanese word for 'star'. I quite like the idea of a blue star!
As for my NNID... it's self explanatory.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
I was browsing the Steam Workshop for Don't Starve mods at the time of making this username, and found a craftable butter mod. So that's where "Butter" came from.

The "Very"?...I honestly have no idea. It's blank.

Tech_Quan

Inkling
NNID
Tech_Quan
Me and my grandfather were talking, when he mentioned the word "Quan" Curious, I looked it up, and one of the meanings was "the ultimate; the almighty; the maximum overlord" Since I thought myself to be good at electronics, and liked the sound of it, Tech_Quan was born.

Blast

Inactive
NNID
Blastystoise
My username on here is my real first name, I'm so creative ;w; I usually go by the name of 'Blast' on the internet though, which is a nickname people gave me in a small Pokémon community I was part of. My username on there was 'Blastoise', also very creative, I know. That's also why my NNID is Blastystoise :3

MuteBard

Inkster Jr.
The "Mute" part comes from me enjoying peace and silence from time to time. Bard because I like make music (but not singing lol). Combined them both for a funny oxymoronic effect. Also I love Banette in my avatar and the fact that it cant speak while its reading this book with a judgmental face motivated me further to make this name.

Toaster

Senior Squid
Well my friend called me Toaster one day at school and the name stuck...

NNID
Brickmaster2.0
I play Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate every now and then, and my main weapon there is the Longsword. If you've played any of the Monster Hunter games, you know it's a mobile yet powerful weapon, and the attack that comes straight out of the sheath makes me feel all samurai-esque. Thus, LongswordSamurai. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom