• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Worst ability in your opinion and why?

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
i said autobombs because they indeed track you so cold blooded is supposed to work against them... maybe making them stop chasing you earlier?

thundasi

Senior Squid
modifiable abilities Coldblooded the margin of usage is just to thin. Haunt and Opening Gambit are the fixed ones. why the 30sec buff on first push, when comeback gives 20 for every death after? why waste a main slot

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
Opening Gambit.
They buffed it, and I can see it being useful for Rainmaker. I can tell a difference in my speed when I use it.

Drop Roller.
I forgot about that one since I never use it either....I guess because I rarely super jump to teammates. I’d have to run stealth if I use super jump abilities. If you use dualies then it’s a pointless ability.

Ok I’ll admit, I only use cold blooded because I like the painters mask.

But from what I hear, haunt is pretty atrocious. I mean I never used it in the first game. But at least it was usable.

I don’t like stealth jump anymore. Unless I’ve missed a buff in an update, doesn’t the marker still show for either long range people or short range people? I understand they had to nerf it from sploon 1 because of the notorious strategy, but I put more blame on QR for that and they made the ability practically useless.
I have the painter’s mask with bomb defense I think. I traded the cold blooded one for another ability. The coolest looking gear always has the worst abilities....like the new gas mask and that futuristic silver vest. I’m ready for them to release alternate abilities but with it being new gear, it’ll probably be a while

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
The coolest looking gear always has the worst abilities....like the new gas mask and that futuristic silver vest. I’m ready for them to release alternate abilities but with it being new gear, it’ll probably be a while
The gas mask has always had Tenacity, even when it was in Splatoon 1; frankly I think Tenacity does have some good uses, especially for backliner weapons that don't die often and have to hold down the fort while teammates respawn. The silver vest-like shirt is probably that Tentatek one with Thermal Ink and the MP3 player on the arm. Thermal Ink has significantly less uses, but it still shines with high range and low DPS weapons like the Jet Squelcher, one of my three favourite weapons.

Also the 3.0.0 clothes have finally started showing up in Splatnet; I believe the Red Power Stripes have shown up with Quick Respawn already.

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
The gas mask has always had Tenacity, even when it was in Splatoon 1; frankly I think Tenacity does have some good uses, especially for backliner weapons that don't die often and have to hold down the fort while teammates respawn. The silver vest-like shirt is probably that Tentatek one with Thermal Ink and the MP3 player on the arm. Thermal Ink has significantly less uses, but it still shines with high range and low DPS weapons like the Jet Squelcher, one of my three favourite weapons.

Also the 3.0.0 clothes have finally started showing up in Splatnet; I believe the Red Power Stripes have shown up with Quick Respawn already.
I just ordered the gas mask from Splatnet with comeback. More people have suggested comeback over tenacity .

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
I might have said Thermal Ink if it weren't for its buff to 12 seconds.

As it is, probably Haunt. It's like Thermal Ink, except you can't act on your knowledge until you respawn, go back to mid, and oh look! They've killed everyone.

It needs some kind of buff to help your teammates kill them. Maybe it should temporarily remove the enemy's abilities (or at least limit them)? I can see that being extremely useful against Special Charge, Ninja Squid, Thermal Ink and a few other things.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
It needs some kind of buff to help your teammates kill them. Maybe it should temporarily remove the enemy's abilities (or at least limit them)? I can see that being extremely useful against Special Charge, Ninja Squid, Thermal Ink and a few other things.
I like the idea of Haunt removing Ninja Squid on the opponent that splatted you; it would be a giant finger to Sploosh/Splat Rollers that shark around and wreck your whole team. And this is coming from me, a guy who basically relies on Ninja Squid to not suck in close range under all circumstances.

Reactions: the

Cephalobro

I don't think Drop Roller is that useful, for one. It doesn't happen every time or at least not to me, I know it's a way to get out of the way of attacks when you land, but I just don't think it's that useful considering the spot you're going to land is always random.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I don't think Drop Roller is that useful, for one. It doesn't happen every time or at least not to me, I know it's a way to get out of the way of attacks when you land, but I just don't think it's that useful considering the spot you're going to land is always random.
It isn't random. You choose the direction with the left stick. TBH Drop Roller is good enough for me with the 6 second stat boost.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I don't know. I wouldn't consider Drop Roller to be one of the worst abilities when things like Haunt exist. It's useful with Inkjet when you land and the roll isn't random, you can hold the control stick to choose the direction. It saved my life a bunch of times and at least it got a buff which gives it a decent niche that Stealth Jump wish it had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom