• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Worst Ways to Get Splatted?

Magnus0

Pro Squid
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I'm pretty sure that there is one definitive worst way to get splatted. It's absolutely atrociously horrifying.

*Batman voice* "When you jump to the neutral tower on Bluefin Depot, only to find out that the ledge of the tower isn't fully covered in your ink, meaning that you can't climb on top of the tower, nor be able to retreat."

This happened to me twice when I was new to the game. It's so unsettling, because you really can't do anything but pray that the enemy won't see you desperately splashing on the side of the tower. Might as well just give up and fall to your death.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
The other day when playing Rainaker on Ancho-V Games, my team was making the last push to the goal. I got up on the higher part close to where the propeller moves towards when inked and due to the intense fight going on (they had us tied there), I got hit a lot and was taken out by the propeller. First time that's ever happened haha.
On my next spawn I did super jump to my team and carried the rainmaker to the goal to get the win.

Inkling Ash

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Zachy_Dad
Or snipers that shoot you in really outraging positions. That's probably why I started sniping.:D

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Trying to fight what was probably a laggy roller
Not to mention accidentally jumping backwards into it

Or getting bodied even though I had a Kraken stored up (first time I'm using a defensive special in a while)

RIP Me
Oh, that reminds me of some matches I had when playing turf wars with some friends...
I think the matches had quite a bit of lag, but when I ran into my friend I used my kraken and over a second later I got splatted.
This happened twice...

swaggrinkirby

Inkling
NNID
Cool-Davidoo
By running into a splash wall lol

My all time favorite is when the rainmaker is by your base, surrounded by opposing team, you grab the rainmaker and throw yourself into the water. You then realize you didn't grab the rainmaker(your teammate did) and you died an embarrassing death hahaha
SUICIDE!!!! YAAAY! but I have had a worse rainmaker experience. I super jumped into the shield and it bumped me off the map.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I wasn't exactly splatted by anyone, but the way I (and my teammates) died was pretty hilarious and embarrassing haha.
I was in Rainmaker at Mahi Mahi Resort and we splatted the enemy when they were on one of the little islands above the water.
I was away from them so I super jumped back there to help with the shield. However there wasn't much space on that platform and so as we broke it, I was pushed back and fell into the water while 2 teammates joined me for a swim haha. Unfortunately for us that was in the last few seconds and the other team also grabbed it so they won the match.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I got splatted when the rainmakers shield squished me, but it was my color! So unfair!
It's possible apparently
The shield does not care about your ink color

I tried-keyword 'tried'-to face someone on Mahi Mahi yesterday with the Jr. I was on the top platforms in the middle, and when I got close I popped out my bubbler. Only thing was, they pushed me back and I fell into the water. RIP

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
It's possible apparently
The shield does not care about your ink color

I tried-keyword 'tried'-to face someone on Mahi Mahi yesterday with the Jr. I was on the top platforms in the middle, and when I got close I popped out my bubbler. Only thing was, they pushed me back and I fell into the water. RIP
Was this during the Splatfest? Because that might have been me; someone jumped down from the centre pillar with a bubble active, trying to take out my teammate, so the two of us started shooting the bubble into the water. I was the Heavy Splatling in the background :L

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Was this during the Splatfest? Because that might have been me; someone jumped down from the centre pillar with a bubble active, trying to take out my teammate, so the two of us started shooting the bubble into the water. I was the Heavy Splatling in the background :L
Yeah, it was. I was a low level Team Early Bird at the time, my screen name was Deo :p XD After it happened, I thought "Well, that was stupid"
And I think I do remember someone in the background…

Last edited:

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Yeah, it was. I was a low level Team Early Bird at the time, my screen name was Deo :p XD After it happened, I thought "Well, that was stupid"
I wasn't paying too much attention to names or overall rank or anything, but I was around 1680-1720 power for most of the Splatfest; it may very well have been another person.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I wasn't paying too much attention to names or overall rank or anything, but I was around 1680-1720 power for most of the Splatfest; it may very well have been another person.
Oh yeah that definitely wasn't me then XD I can always try to look, but I doubt I will find anything :P

Maave

Inkling Commander
I got splatted when the rainmakers shield squished me, but it was my color! So unfair!
Yeah this one is lame. I went into a corner next to the rain maker so that I could protect myself with the shield. Got sandwiched between wall and shield. SPLAT

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Yesterday, I was private battling with my friends and was running away from one of them trying to kill me........ Straight into the Rainmaker shield. :P It promptly killed me because my friend had already pre-damaged me. :P They wouldn't stop laughing at me because the "dodger" didn't look where she was going and got killed by the shield trying to escape. x)

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
I got splatted by the "Ancho-V Fan's ink" once. I didn't know that was even possible until it happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom