• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Worst Ways to Get Splatted?

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
I was playing rainmaker on urchin underpass when I killed the rainmaker who was climbing up the wall. Their teammate then came up and used a kraken so I used mine from above. We were fighting to break the shield when our krakens ran out. Problem is, I was on the wall above the rainmaker and got stuck on top of the shield so it killed me haha.

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
Does falling into the water count? I can't count how many times I timed my jumps wrong and missed and landed in water on Mahi Mahi Resort..
And one I JUST had happen like a half hour ago..Saw a landing ring of a super jumper on the opposing team, and went to splat them as they came down, and it was another Roller, who did the "fling your ink straight down as you fall to hit anyone waiting for you" thing....And freaking hit me..

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
I had this really weird splat earlier today on Tower Control. I jump on the tower to advance it, and it goes nowhere. Next thing I know, SPlat!, I and 2 other squids die instantly. At the same time. 0_0

So Lag. Lag kills me, with a smile. Also, screwing up your swimming, getting cornered, and splatted like a tourist is kinda demoralizing too I guess. :/

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
When you're hiding, waiting for the opportune moment to strike and a dynamo swims past you and obviously doesn't know you're there, swings their roller at someone alse and even though you're adjacent to them you die.

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'd imagine that getting "squished" by an Inkbrush is fairly embarrassing.... Especially when you're a Dynamo. :P

I was messing around in Turf War like a week ago by just running around with the Inkbrush. I ended up bumping into a Dynamo a few times and actually ended up "squishing" her. It's about the funniest splat that I've ever gotten in this game. xD Needless to say, we won that match despite me not really doing anything with the brush. :P

Cake or Death

Full Squid
NNID
McProle
Another good one is when you are in a melee battle and you hear the 'my squid just got splatted sound effect' and you just stand there waiting to re-spawn then you get splatted realizing that you did not die the first time it was someone else.
Haha this happens to me way too often! Sometimes I think I've traded splats with someone so I wait to respawn and then I'm like "oh, I'm still alive" as I sheepishly emerge from a spot of my own ink in a lake of my opponent's.

Once I was playing Tower Control on Arowana Mall, got splatted, respawned, super jumped to my buddy that was on the tower, but unfortunately when I had started to super jump the tower was at the stage where it briefly hangs over the water around Zone. By the time I arrived the tower had moved, so I landed straight in the water.

On Mahi Mahi Resort or Museum d'Alfonsino there are certain gaps that that look like you can make the jump, but it always results in you landing in water. I always forget though, so everytime I play those maps I seem to drown at least twice within the first minute. Or maybe I just suck at jumping.

Last edited:

Rabite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cboyd1987
Does falling into the water count? I can't count how many times I timed my jumps wrong and missed and landed in water on Mahi Mahi Resort..
Mahi-Mahi... I don't know whether there's more salt or bodies in that water. Any suicide splat is basically the worst way to go.

Zach627

Full Squid
NNID
Zach-MK8
So people have jumped into a killer wail. My story is different. I once dodged the killer wail with ease, then misjudged when it would end and ran right into the wail. The next hour I was in my room facewalling.

Cake or Death

Full Squid
NNID
McProle
So people have jumped into a killer wail. My story is different. I once dodged the killer wail with ease, then misjudged when it would end and ran right into the wail. The next hour I was in my room facewalling.
Omg, like EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
The "successful" roller sneak attack. Attack from above. Swim dash then jump. Surprise! Hmm, seem I misjudged my hangtime. *flies over an inkling's head and out of bounds*

*sits down*

Hi, I'm Ansible. And... and when using kelp chargers I sometimes enjoy spamming Killer Wails. *innocent look* Some matches I even pack not only my Special Charge Up clothes, but my Special Duration Up as well.

Judd has told me he's received repeated noise complaints from inklings shouting they can't hear anything. >:3

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I was gonna relate my stories of Super Jumping to help burst the Rainmaker only to be crushed against the wall by the expanding bubble, but it looks like that's already been mentioned. It's happened more to me than it should...

What I can imagine would suck, although I don't think I've seen it happen, would be to be splatted on a neutral Splat Zone and your ink explosion to edge it over to enemy possession. I wonder how many Turf War/Special points splatting an enemy is worth.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
What I can imagine would suck, although I don't think I've seen it happen, would be to be splatted on a neutral Splat Zone and your ink explosion to edge it over to enemy possession. I wonder how many Turf War/Special points splatting an enemy is worth.
It wasn't Splat Zones, but in one close game of Turf War (I forget the map) I was splatted right as the match ended. The ink from my dead body was enough to give the other team the win.
I don't think you actually can get any points for splatting opponents, although I've heard you could in the demos.

Re: Killer Wail Shenanigans
Yeah, I've had that happen a bit myself. Most often it happens when the Wail's blast is low enough that it looks like I can hop over it. Usually I' get fooled into thinking it was always possible; I must remind myself that just because I did it the first time doesn't mean I can do it again.

Koi

Inkster Jr.
éternelle douleur, the land of eternal pain
NNID
Kaidan123
I would say getting splatted 10 times in a row by a charger, getting pushed off the tower when in bubbler or kraken, splatted while super jumping, roller camped when super jumping, shooting at a super jump marker then getting splatted without killing the super jumper, falling off a ledge, all of us getting squished by a roller, spawn camped, ambushed, splatted more times than i could count by someone under lv 10, someone squidkidding after someone splats me, splatted by splash wall and sprinkler, and not beating a charger at close range. nao how bout that?

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
- Pushing the tower far only to slip off giving them a huge edge.

-That time you are inking turf as usual only for the turf you're inking to suddenly stop being inked, and you are surrounded by enemy ink you can't ink out of.
(la la la la la lalalalalalala la la la la la lalalalalalala-LAAG!) :(

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Bluefin Depot has killed me more times than any player ever could. Even jumping too far right from the spawn point-Could we please have some rails so I don't humiliate myself too badly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom