• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Worst Ways to Get Splatted?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Getting sniped by a charger in mid air feels very demoralizing. I can't help but marvel at their skill, but I would prefer it if they were on my team. :p

Using an ink intensive sub, and running out of ink for my weapon when trying to get a kill right afterwards, and the enemy just kills me with ease. It feels bad.

Swimming around a corner right into a roller or Seeker. That's a lame way to get splatted for sure.

Wiebenjijzeg

Full Squid
NNID
Syrnis
Before the killer wail update, I used to ALWAYS walk in a killer wail. I honestly have no idea how I managed to do that so many times.
Or when you dance with another blaster from the other team, as being a blaster yourself, because you keep on missing each other and hit the floor... and then you end up dead due to the ground-shockwave (which is like what, 10p dmg?) eventually.

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
The RM landed on a nearby platform in Mahi Mahi resort. I was just about to sneak around it when a teammate flicked the shield and bumped me into the water.

S rank battles: So bloodthirsty, your own teammates might try to splat you.

GLRFYMALCO

Inkling
NNID
playpac
either squiding through grate into water after a super jump landing or leaping off a ledge right after splatting a foe. :c

Blurr

Inkling
I tried to jump over some water. When I forgot to squid..... I continued to stare blankly to the screen amazed by my own stupidity

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
What happens all too often is that I get splatted because of a Killer Wail. My teammate's Killer Wail. If it doesn't completely cover up all approaches and I'm standing near it, my field of vision gets seriously impaired. I'm then embarrassingly prone to enemy ambush, which is particularly likely if the Wail was used defensively because of oncoming opponents in the first place (and they just get around it).

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Random Hail Mary Seeker. An opponent just launches from way way somewhere on another part of the map. It goes puttering across the map, maybe stops somewhere for gas or ask directions, takes in the scenery on its road trip, and upon noticing you decides to say "HEY PAL HOW YA DOIN!!"

And then the splat cam looks around confused before zooming somewhere way across the map to the Seeker's owner who looks up like "I did what now?"

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Leaping headfirst into an opponents Ink Wall.

Also really fun to get splatted a microsecond before you tap the right stick for Bubbler/Kraken

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
Jumping right off the map as soon as a match begins. Specifically Bluefin Depot :confused:

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Jumping right off the map as soon as a match begins. Specifically Bluefin Depot :confused:
Watch that first step! It's a doozy~! (I still make that mistake from time to time at Bluefin Depot. *facepalm*)

TacosConCarne

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TacosConCarne
One of the worst ways to get splatted is to be behind a splash wall and the enemy throws a bomb at the wall on your side
I'm proud to say I accomplished this feat today using the vanilla splat roller

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Tried to go around a splash wall-accidentally hit the side and was bumped off into the water. (I'm never getting off the mainland in Mahi Mahi again)

Deathwish

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Keena_Ironweaver
Being splatted by a splash wall that was thrown instead of a splat-bomb...

Being ambushed while you're too busy thinking about what a great decoy your enemy used on you...

4 squids vs 2: It's clear which team will win, and then THIS happens...

LoremIp5um

Full Squid
NNID
LoremIp5um
The other day I got splatted by the propellor in Ancho-V Games... I think I found THE worst way to get splatted and I'm slightly proud of myself for getting splatted in such a way!

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
Getting splatted by a Sprinkler and a Splash Wall... it's happened to me a few times (more so the Sprinkler) and it's quite embarrassing. Or accidentally Goomba stomping a Seeker...

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Random Hail Mary Seeker. An opponent just launches from way way somewhere on another part of the map. It goes puttering across the map, maybe stops somewhere for gas or ask directions, takes in the scenery on its road trip, and upon noticing you decides to say "HEY PAL HOW YA DOIN!!"

And then the splat cam looks around confused before zooming somewhere way across the map to the Seeker's owner who looks up like "I did what now?"
Until I started using the Tri Nouveau fairly recently, Seekers never wanted to co-operate with me. Now, for whatever reason, that weapon has definitely taken enemies out in much that manner, and I can't feel too guilty about it!

But opposing Seekers remain incredible at times. I've had them downright U-turn on me on a couple of occasions, whereas mine still rely on enemies being stuck in ink due to their inability to turn more than 10° from their initial trajectory...

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I once splatted an enemy as they tried to run away from me by hitting them with a missed shot. He literally jumped to the side in the middle of a duel and my shot went wide enough to catch him mid-air. Nothing like having your weapon see the future o_O

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
Getting splatted by a Sprinkler and a Splash Wall... it's happened to me a few times (more so the Sprinkler) and it's quite embarrassing. Or accidentally Goomba stomping a Seeker...
Oh my god, I feel like I deserve to be demoted to a C- and lose all my experience points when a sprinkler splats me. XD

More embarrassing ways I've died: Getting too close to the edge of a ledge while sniping, unintentionally falling in the water at Mahi-Mahi Resort, running out of ink and not being able to defend myself, having a sniper somehow splat me close up even if I have a shooter with a fast fire rate, and... just so many more things that make me wanna facepalm. Like what was I even thinking with some of this stuff?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Baiting a scoped charger off a ledge. (Hahaha~ sucker~!)

Being a scoped charger baited off a ledge. (You &@%#$! *respawns*)

Sometimes I hate karma. ¬.¬

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i was in a standoff with a splattershot with the bamboozler mk III. i was doing alright hitting them with half-charges or burst bombs, but i wasn't able to follow up because they kept slipping away and apparently healing just enough to resist my next attack.

i managed to get in pretty close to screw up their aim,

and then suddenly i used my special forgetting it wasn't the kraken or a bubbler (usually i use squiffers).
(remember that i was using the mk III, which has the inkstrike special)

awkward.

the splatterscope didn't even kill me immediately. i think they were surprised and amused.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom