Worst Ways to Get Splatted?

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Remember those early levels, when you first started playing the game and encountering higher level players introducing you to later weapons?

"Take that level 30+! Wow, that was tough. What's this black glowing thingamabob in my ink? Huh, let me take a closer l--" *Splated by Ink Mine*

Ochre

Inkling
Ink mines under beacons or the splash wall trap (since squids like to put beacons in corners). Only ever had the latter done to me though.

I'll have to give Kelp Dome as a whole the notoriety prize with it's walls you can't stand on. Too many times I'll make a jump and try to take it back when a stray splat bomb rolls my way. All you can do is slowly and dramatically slide down to your death.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
I know one said this but Ye splatted by the fan in ancho

This happened during barbarian vs ninja splatfest.

I stood next to the fan and shot at a dual squelcher she was shooting the fan i killed her and I died too and I were like WUT TE HELL and then it said splatted by ink from the fan

If you shoot at the fan that you will see ink drops squirt out the top

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
But my worst one which hasn't been said most definitely is when are an e-litre and you've been pressured into a corner and you have to rapidly spam ZW or whatever the shoot button is and then the roller feels SOOOO confident that he'll just run over you despite your higher lvl of skill ugh I hate it

dubious

Inkster Jr.
NNID
hyomin
Accidentally going squid on a non-solid surface and slipping off ledges would be the worst I can think of that have happened to me.

Almost had a sprinkler death once as well due to space, but managed to break it before it could cause a death.

FlamingZelda

Inkling
NNID
FlamingZelda
That and that first jump! The jump from spawn, and the jump from the upper base to the lower pits. SOOO many times I try that speed jump in squid form for a bold and daring move. And SOOO many times I boldly, daringly fall into the water. (And I watch my lv12 noob NOT make that stupid mistake!) :p.
Yeah after I played bluefin the first time and missed that first jump I resolved to never attempt it again. I now always go to the left or right from the spawn. They take you to the sides of the stage faster anyway.

Celeste

Inkling
NNID
Celestefey
Swimming away from an inkstrike/killer wail but then not realising in the heat of the moment you've swam into the path of a splat bomb that is about to explode.....BOOM. Like trying to navigate a minefield.
That's why it really helps to have bomb sniffer on! Or I find the opposite happens to me! Usually when my team are inking up the enemy base iin turf war, the other team are building up their special charge quite rapidly since there's a lot of turf for them to ink, so then there will just be masses of bomb rushes, inkzookas, and inkstrikes all at once. So whilst I'm trying to dodge a bomb rush, I swim right into an inkstrike.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
That's why it really helps to have bomb sniffer on! Or I find the opposite happens to me! Usually when my team are inking up the enemy base iin turf war, the other team are building up their special charge quite rapidly since there's a lot of turf for them to ink, so then there will just be masses of bomb rushes, inkzookas, and inkstrikes all at once. So whilst I'm trying to dodge a bomb rush, I swim right into an inkstrike.
I wish bomb sniffer was on the hats (which would make more sense anyways, since you sniff with your nose) since I would almost always rather use ink resistance than bomb sniffer

Jugglec

Inkster Jr.
I'm an S+ player but in the competitive seen I'm middle of the road on a middle of the road team. Today we finished a very disappointing performance in a turny and I went to solo to get the taste out of my mouth. We were behind in Rainmaker on Trigerfish, I had the RM in over time and I'm at the center of the map with no pressure on me trying to decide if I should push down mid or go through flank. Well the decision was obviously too much for me cause I swam right off the edge into the water. I can only imagine what my team thought of that move.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom