• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Worst Ways to Get Splatted?

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Another worst way to die is when you've inked the wall in, say, Depot, and are swimming up it, and suddenly it's getting inked and you fall back down....then you're trying to get back up like a noob because you haven't fully realized what happened yet, and as you keep trying to swim up you're getting glued to the ground by enemy ink, jumping and clawing at the wall before they finally kill you.

I will always be salty about falling off of the stage to my death in any way, since there's no one to blame there but myself.
It was the kraken's fault! He pushed me! There's witnesses!

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Hopping on the tower. Three or more beacons. Two or all three teammates hop on without using beacons. Someone activates a bubbler or kraken... (Guys! Someone help! Grab me! No no no no no no aaaaah! *respawn*)

Rellek

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RellekEarth
It can also happen if you're already damaged and jump ontop of the rainmaker.

Award

It can also happen if you're already damaged and jump ontop of the rainmaker.
I knew you take minor ink-type damage hitting the shield, but didn't realize it could kill you with the expanded shield. It makes sense though. I HAVE been pushed off a ledge into the water by the expanding shield though! :(

Award

Got splatted so bad, it made my game freeze... I got hit with a burst bomb, a kraken, a killer wail, and a carbon roller all at the exact same time. Then to have to deal with that annoying high pitch sound made it even worse.
What the heck did you do to them to deserve that? :scared:

I haven't seen a WiiU freeze with that squeal sound in YEARS. Late 2013 I thought they finally fixed that. I've had the wifi module drop out until I hard reboot (it just insists I have no internet connection, when no other device seems to have a problem.) But the squealing freeze? It's been ages!

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
...How did THAT exchange work? Please elaborate.
It literally happened during this rotation at kelp dome, I was chasing down a :wst_shot_quicklong01: with my :wst_shot_long01: and some japanese player with a :wst_shot_heavy01: turned into a kraken and came after me. I then noticed a :wst_charge_long00: at the last minute and proceeded to dodge the shot, when I then heard the killer wail starting up. Confused as to where it was I tried to avoid it and ended up running into it, which was in the direction of the kraken user and a camping:wst_roller_compact01:. Then I heard the burst bomb being thrown and once I saw the burst bomb, each item hit me. The camera didn't zoom into any of the other players when I got splatted then the game just froze... It all happened so fast...

{EDIT} Not longer this rotation, of course.

Last edited:

Joltik

Inkster Jr.
NNID
YellowYoshi13
This has happened to me once before -- getting splatted by the motors on Ancho-V Games

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Ugh, I think Rainmaker is my favorite ranked mode, but with so many ways that thing alone can inadvertently splat you the match turns into a 4v5.

Got splatted so bad, it made my game freeze... I got hit with a burst bomb, a kraken, a killer wail, and a carbon roller all at the exact same time. Then to have to deal with that annoying high pitch sound made it even worse.
Now there's some fresh trash talk. "Splat you so hard your Wii U will scream for mercy, son!"

RedgemSoda

Inkster Jr.
Thinking you have enough ink to Splat you opponent but you run out on the last hit.
Realizing you had a special guage of Kraken and bubbler full and didn't think to activate it when you get splated.
Suction bombs in place out of your view and randomly get splated.
Running around the corner only to be splated by a bomb at its last tick.
All of these happened to me. I'm surprised I'm in rank S+

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
Finally experienced getting splatted by the fans in Ancho-V. My killer was actually very clever in doing so, though, he hit them as I was trying to retreat.
And I somehow managed to get a sniper with a sprinkler, which could have only been if he wasn't paying attention. I'm sure I've been close to the receiving end of that mishap.

Award

I'm learning to hate those fans as I pick up dynamo. One can NOT kill someone with the fans from a single flick, and the fan gets in the way of splatting them if they just hide behind it. :mad:

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
So here's a way to go that's never happened to me before:

I throw a Splash Wall, the other guy throws a Suction Bomb. I begin to think I can trap the guy by swimming around him... and I do so by swimming through my Wall. The moment I pass through, the bomb hits the wall and detonates, destroying it—and me with it.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
So here's a way to go that's never happened to me before:

I throw a Splash Wall, the other guy throws a Suction Bomb. I begin to think I can trap the guy by swimming around him... and I do so by swimming through my Wall. The moment I pass through, the bomb hits the wall and detonates, destroying it—and me with it.
I have splatted others by throwing bombs at their walls (not really intentionally). But it hasn't happened to me yet. Bummer dude. D;

The2ndIdentity

Inkling
NNID
ThatOneUmbreon
It's always been annoying for me any time I get splatted by something insanely telegraphed. i.e. an Inkstrike that I'd acknowledged was going to land right near me, but I ran into it anyway seconds later. Same for seeing someone pull an Inkzooka but rushing them anyway, walking right into a Killer Wail before it dissipates...

Oh and .52 Gals and .96 Gals are annoying too.

Not because you die to them in cheap ways but I'm just not a fan. It's more of a personal annoyance than anything.

- The2ndIdentity

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom