• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Xenoblade / XCX social thread

Shamie

Inkling
NNID
Shamie
I do too, but I am a bit disappointed that some hairstyles are exclusive to different faces.
That's a bummer...I've played Neverwinter and I find the customization similar (but they might remove stuff for the NA release which I'm not fond of.) I honestly hope there's a blind setting for the pupils separately (for personal aesthetic). At least that's what I think the last eye pupil setting is. Watched a customization video thing on YouTube.

Shamie

Inkling
NNID
Shamie
It was removed then? Huh...

Personally I tweak with them to make them smaller 'cause mine are small and I feel weird playing with huge ones.

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
Admittedly, the removal of the slider or even the "censoring" of Lin's outfits affect me none to zero. Xenoblade Chronicles is, without a doubt, my favorite game ever made. I was planning to attempt recreating Shulk in the creator from square one, so really I couldn't give a flying leap. If you're a guy and you're more focused on maximizing your character's T&A than the actual gameplay itself, I think you need to reconsider your purchase of said game. If you're a chick and you're trying to throw yourself into the world of XCX and you wish to make your avatar as close to your likeness as possible, then that is a bit more understandable. I can't help but feel like that's a majority of players however, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Lin's outfit "censorship" on the other hand, well, if your more interested in seeing 13 (she is still 13 in the localization last I checked) year old T&A, then I would kindly ask that you find another medium to fulfill your wishes. You're not welcome here.

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
l'm amazed at what Monolith managed to do with the Wii U's modest specs. l think this might be the best looking game in the market right now when it comes to environments. Mira looks absolutely amazing especially for something of that scale.

If the NX really ends up being powerful imagine what their next game will look like.

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
The downside of the graphics is that they're only 720p30fps. It seems like a small gripe, but I mostly play my games on PC so it's the first thing I notice. :c
Couldn't give a toss about the 720p though, I sit at least 7 feet away from the TV, so the jaggies aren't nearly as noticeable.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
I'M SO FEELING THIS GAME. I FEEL IT SO MUCH IT HURTS.

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
Am I the only person who jumps around like an absolute fool? I was about to be upset that they changed the moon jumping from the original game until I found out about sprint jumping. Is it a bit rediculous? Yes, most definitely. But is it tons of fun? Heck yeah.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Am I the only person who jumps around like an absolute fool? I was about to be upset that they changed the moon jumping from the original game until I found out about sprint jumping. Is it a bit rediculous? Yes, most definitely. But is it tons of fun? Heck yeah.
No. Sadly, I think I am addicted to jumping as well.

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
Also I love to summon my inner skyrim and try to scale mountains in the most impractical way possible, but unlike skyrim, it actually works most of the time.

Last edited:

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
Spoiler: don't waste your time reading the wordy s***e below:

I'm not an overly huge fan or it so far, I'm gonna have to say. I've said it a million times, but to make a long story short, XBC is hands down my favorite experience I have ever had in my life, flat out ever. Trying to hold it up to XBCX just isn't possible, but nonetheless I went in with the expectations of XBC2.

It's not. It's SciFi. The UI is too small even for a f***ing ant. The voice acting is, hate to say it, on par with a 16-bit FMV game (Adam Howden's VA is it's only saving grace). There's no option to have the VA in Japanese either so that doesn't work. The jokes honestly don't work for me. 30fps is really hard to look at after player 160 hours of Splatoon. I don't find the world, the plot, or the soundtrack at all engaging. The soundtrack seriously doesn't even hold a candle to XBC. I also expected better animation from a 2015 Wii U game too. It's seriously like they found a limp carrot out of the company trash can, tied a string around it and paraded it in front of a Kinect. Bad idea.

If it sounds like I'm being overly critical it's because I am. I wanted XBC2. It's not. It's XBCX. It's XBC expanded on for a wider audience (understandably so since if you looked up niche in a dictionary you'd see the cover art for XBC.) That out of the way, it's still one of the better games I've played this year. The gameplay is fun and feels more fleshed out than XBC. The character creation is an interesting twist (but ultimately falls flat since none of the characters can refer to you by your name severely breaking immersion) and the animation, while a god awful abomination, reminds me of XBC's god awful abomination animation too.

It's a great game, don't get me wrong,. Hell, like I said, it's probably one of the better games I've played this year, but I'm not ready to move on from Xenoblade Chronicles. Not yet.

Newtonjar

Senior Squid
I wonder how long it would take to walk the entirety of all 5 continents... on foot.

Shikinouta

Inkster Jr.
I've settled into the game (around 5 hours in) and I've finally gotten over the fact it isn't Xenoblade 2. I'm definately having a lot more fun with the game, but I'm still overall disappointed. The nice thing is that it broke me from my Splatoon trance so now I can at least play some other games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom