1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Yooka Laylee! Banjo Kazooie spiritual sucessor thread!

Discussion in 'The Crispy Calamari - Off-Topic Discussion' started by StarHunter789, Apr 30, 2015.

1. KniteLyfe

KniteLyfe Full Squid

NNID:
    KniteLyfe
    What would Valve be pirating?

2. itisRag

itisRag friendly neighborhood rag

NNID:
    itisrag
    Valve is a good company, so I doubt that they would pirate anything. I didn't say anything about Valve being pirates. DRM is to prevent piracy/protect copyrights, and Valve's Steam platform is used as a large third-party DRM platform to activate games. My issue is that other large developers like Activision take advantage of Steam being at the top of the PC platform market, so when you purchase a Call of Duty game or pretty much the majority of any games from store shelves, they all require Steam Activation. There is no (good) reason that you should have to activate Call of Duty on Steam. If Activision wants to protect CoD from piracy, they should either make their own online platform or find a better way of assuring that the games aren't copied.

#82 itisRag, May 6, 2015
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  3. KniteLyfe

KniteLyfe Full Squid

NNID:
    KniteLyfe
    That makes sense. Though I think the majority of devs rely on the fact that less people pirate games than pay money for them.

4. Noventia

Noventia Inkster Jr.

I hate drm as well. But since the console day 1 release stretch goal was met a while ago, i'll just get it on the wii u.

5. YesI'mTaco34

YesI'mTaco34 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    YesImTaco
    Yooka-Laylee Developer Interview

6. KilleenMachine

KilleenMachine Senior Squid

NNID:
    kingosquirrels
    that was a good video thanks for the link

7. Radi

Radi Senior Squid

NNID:
    InfinityBeamX
    Interesting project. Although I never played Banjo-Kazooie, I'm looking forward to playing this.

8. StarHunter789

StarHunter789 Pro Squid

NNID:
    Linestar777
    You should play Banjo-Kazooie. It is every much an N64 classic as Ocarina of Time or Golden Eye.

Radi likes this.
  9. ThisFungi

ThisFungi 8-bit crazy!

I still can't believe that the Kickstarter goal was met in under 4 hours! :eek:

It's a good thing though. We need more 3D platformers in modern gaming. I pitched in for a physical copy of the game to keep with my other stack of (rare) and random games. :D

10. YesI'mTaco34

YesI'mTaco34 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    YesImTaco
    Kickstarter really is the best thing that could have happen for Developers since nowdays Publisher are now rejecting anything that won't make COD or GTA money

ThisFungi likes this.
  11. MasterE

MasterE Inkling

I'm a huge Banjo fan and I have been following this game since they announced their company playtonic. I ended up donating a little over $50. I have friend who went for the n64 retro bundle. I would have too if I had a spare $500.

12. SilverEra

SilverEra Inkling Cadet

I have yet to back this. There are only 3 weeks left, so there's no rush.

13. Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue Inkling

NNID:
    Otasira
    Oh man, I can NOT wait for this. If MS' version of their new Banjo and Kazooie game ends up being a bust, at least I can have comfort in knowing a potentially better game is on its way.

14. Reila

Reila Inkling Fleet Admiral

We sure do. Make sure to check out A Hat in Time when it is available. And there is also Grow Home, a 3D platformer which got positive receptions.

15. Flammie

Flammie Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    FlammieLL
    The last goal of the kickstarter was also met almost within a day, so now they have added more goals to meet with the final at 2 million pounds, they were underestimating their fanbase strongly.

16. ThisFungi

ThisFungi 8-bit crazy!

Unfortunately I missed the kickstarter for a Hat in Time, but I was able to give cash at their website for the potential final release! I can't wait to see how that game shapes up as well. :D

Reila likes this.
  17. That Idiotic Kid Squid

NNID:
    NintenArtist2
    Ohhh.
    Can't wait for this game's release. Looks. . . Very refreshing.
    Played Banjo-&-Kazooie before. That game is an insta-classic, right there. And, maybe in a few years this game will be remembered as a classic, too.
    Hope there's an release for Windows, though.

18. Reila

Reila Inkling Fleet Admiral

Rest assured, the PC (Steam) release is already confirmed. In fact, Yooka-Laylee is primary a PC game.

19. SilverEra

SilverEra Inkling Cadet

I don't use Steam that often. Thankfully, it's also coming out for consoles, especially for Wii U since that's all I have available.

20. toadster101

toadster101 Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0022-0027-5937
    Backed on day one. We need more 3D platformers, and I trust these men to deliver a good game.

ThisFungi likes this.