Yooka Laylee! Banjo Kazooie spiritual sucessor thread!

KniteLyfe

Full Squid
NNID
KniteLyfe
It seems very sketchy to me that a third party has to have information on what games I have. I believe there must be a better way to prevent piracy. This is part of the reason that DRM-free sites like GOG.com exist and do well at all in the first place.
What would Valve be pirating?

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
What would Valve be pirating?
Valve is a good company, so I doubt that they would pirate anything. I didn't say anything about Valve being pirates. DRM is to prevent piracy/protect copyrights, and Valve's Steam platform is used as a large third-party DRM platform to activate games. My issue is that other large developers like Activision take advantage of Steam being at the top of the PC platform market, so when you purchase a Call of Duty game or pretty much the majority of any games from store shelves, they all require Steam Activation. There is no (good) reason that you should have to activate Call of Duty on Steam. If Activision wants to protect CoD from piracy, they should either make their own online platform or find a better way of assuring that the games aren't copied.

Last edited:

KniteLyfe

Full Squid
NNID
KniteLyfe
Valve is a good company, so I doubt that they would pirate anything. I didn't say anything Valve being pirates. DRM is to prevent piracy/protect copyrights, and Valve's Steam platform is used as a large third-party DRM platform to activate games. My issue is that other large developers like Activision take advantage of Steam being at the top of the PC platform market, so when you purchase a Call of Duty game or pretty much the majority of any games from store shelves, they all require Steam Activation. There is no (good) reason that you should have to activate Call of Duty on Steam. If Activision wants to protect CoD from piracy, they should either make their own online platform or find a better way of assuring that the games aren't copied.
That makes sense. Though I think the majority of devs rely on the fact that less people pirate games than pay money for them.

Noventia

Inkster Jr.
I hate drm as well. But since the console day 1 release stretch goal was met a while ago, i'll just get it on the wii u.

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
Interesting project. Although I never played Banjo-Kazooie, I'm looking forward to playing this.

ThisFungi

8-bit crazy!
I still can't believe that the Kickstarter goal was met in under 4 hours! :o

It's a good thing though. We need more 3D platformers in modern gaming. I pitched in for a physical copy of the game to keep with my other stack of (rare) and random games. :D

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
I still can't believe that the Kickstarter goal was met in under 4 hours! :scared:

It's a good thing though. We need more 3D platformers in modern gaming. I pitched in for a physical copy of the game to keep with my other stack of (rare) and random games. :D
Kickstarter really is the best thing that could have happen for Developers since nowdays Publisher are now rejecting anything that won't make COD or GTA money

MasterE

Inkling
I'm a huge Banjo fan and I have been following this game since they announced their company playtonic. I ended up donating a little over $50. I have friend who went for the n64 retro bundle. I would have too if I had a spare $500.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
I have yet to back this. There are only 3 weeks left, so there's no rush.

Wonder Blue

Inkling
NNID
Otasira
Oh man, I can NOT wait for this. If MS' version of their new Banjo and Kazooie game ends up being a bust, at least I can have comfort in knowing a potentially better game is on its way.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I still can't believe that the Kickstarter goal was met in under 4 hours! :scared:

We sure do. Make sure to check out A Hat in Time when it is available. And there is also Grow Home, a 3D platformer which got positive receptions.

Flammie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlammieLL
The last goal of the kickstarter was also met almost within a day, so now they have added more goals to meet with the final at 2 million pounds, they were underestimating their fanbase strongly.

ThisFungi

8-bit crazy!
We sure do. Make sure to check out A Hat in Time when it is available. And there is also Grow Home, a 3D platformer which got positive receptions.
Unfortunately I missed the kickstarter for a Hat in Time, but I was able to give cash at their website for the potential final release! I can't wait to see how that game shapes up as well. :D

NNID
NintenArtist2
Ohhh.
Can't wait for this game's release. Looks. . . Very refreshing.
Played Banjo-&-Kazooie before. That game is an insta-classic, right there. And, maybe in a few years this game will be remembered as a classic, too.
Hope there's an release for Windows, though.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
Rest assured, the PC (Steam) release is already confirmed. In fact, Yooka-Laylee is primary a PC game.
I don't use Steam that often. Thankfully, it's also coming out for consoles, especially for Wii U since that's all I have available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom