Yooka Laylee! Banjo Kazooie spiritual sucessor thread!

Jonke

Inkling
NNID
Jonke5
"Genderless by default" :>?
The more i watch the video, the more i assume Yooka is female, i can't say for sure when it comes to Laylee.

I just hope both personalities translate well into the game.

NNID
TheDeadConspiray
Totally backing it once the Kickstarter goes live. Wasn't able to play much of Banjo-Kazooie and I haven't touched Tooie, definitely gonna have to find them and marathon them before the Yooka-Laylee releases.

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
I can say the same for Banjo-Kazooie for example. Okay, I admit that I didn't realized Kazooie was a girl until sometime later on. Granted, I didn't expect it at all at first glance.
replying @Reila btw

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
When it comes to old school throwbacks, I find N64-era 3D platformers sorely underrepresented. I hope it stays true to classic Rare gameplay with plenty of collectables and sprawling levels.

Based on what gameplay they've shown I don't think the camera is 100% there - but it's still an improvement on janky N64 camera.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
Assuming ungendered characters are "male by default" is a very silly mentality, but it is also very common, unfortunately.
Jigglypuff knows all about this. And it's ready with its marker to write on anyone's face who assumes it's a girl!

YesI'mTaco34

Inkling Cadet
NNID
YesImTaco
When it comes to old school throwbacks, I find N64-era 3D platformers sorely underrepresented. I hope it stays true to classic Rare gameplay with plenty of collectables and sprawling levels.

Based on what gameplay they've shown I don't think the camera is 100% there - but it's still an improvement on janky N64 camera.
i'll give Banjo & Kazooie a lot of credit it pretty must for the most part had a Perfect Camera

Super Mario 64 and DK64 not so much

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Jigglypuff knows all about this. And it's ready with its marker to write on anyone's face who assumes it's a girl!
Great example. Jigglypuff might be male but everyone assume it is female thanks to its design.

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
i'll give Banjo & Kazooie a lot of credit it pretty must for the most part had a Perfect Camera

Super Mario 64 and DK64 not so much
I'll give Banjo's camera the benefit of the doubt as someone who hasn't played much of the game. But DK64's camera can be obnoxious, and SM64's camera makes the game borderline unplayable at times. It's one of the big reasons why that game doesn't hold up imo. (Anyone else watching the Game Grumps play it? The arc of that series perfectly illustrates how I feel about SM64.)

The only problem I spotted with Yooka's camera, though, is that it swoops up and down too much as you jump around, making it hurt to look at. It's probably something they'll fix before release.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
I think if anyone finds some fan art of Yooka-Laylee out there we should post it here too. Here are just a few that I have found so far:

@elranno

@cammiluna

@Bacon_Guy_derp

@Forstride

@Erwan92i

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I'm very curious about the genders. Maybe we'll see tomorrow?

Flying_Tortoise

Sushi Chef
I actually knew about the buzz around project ukelele but the old school ppl from RARE is making it?!
I'm so stoked. It looks so good already...and it hasn't even hit kickstarter lolol. Hopefully Nintendo can get this as a game on the wii u (on top of the PC of course)

KniteLyfe

Full Squid
NNID
KniteLyfe
I'm going to try to donate (and get a gift ;)) something. I can't believe how fast it got funded though. :scared:

What do you mean 'as a game'? Like a physical copy?
I believe he means playable on the Wii U. Either way, I think it was already confirmed Playtonic is putting it on the eShop.

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I'm ecstatic to see that they are developing the game for all major PC OSes and home consoles. I'll want the boxed PC version. I'm going to pledge later when I get home.

Jonke

Inkling
NNID
Jonke5
I backed with 35£, although i'll probably jump to 70£ later this month if things go well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom