Your fresh moments in Splatoon 2

※Zachary

Semi-Pro Squid
I like how you cropped out the levels, lmao
I played that game when I was doing "reset runs." Basically, I reset my switch to loose my progress and see what level and how many wins I can achieve before loosing a match. I didn't want to get refuted for being a low level. But I assure you, those in the lobby were indeed much higher level than me. Lol I knew someone was gonna call me out on that. XD

Mightysplat

Inkster Jr.
I feel like I've accomplished a lot in this game in that is my first shooter and I had literally no idea what I was doing when I started. But recently I have had several full length ranked games (not one sided) in A+, S or S+ where I don't die at all or I die maybe once or twice in five minutes. I play short and mid ranged shooters mostly so I'm always in the thick of things. I think my positioning, awareness, map knowledge and judgment as to when to not engage or when to abandon a fight has improved a lot. This also shows me the power of simply not dying... You are literally constantly pressuring the opponents. Now if only I could do that in every match....

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I played that game when I was doing "reset runs." Basically, I reset my switch to loose my progress and see what level and how many wins I can achieve before loosing a match. I didn't want to get refuted for being a low level. But I assure you, those in the lobby were indeed much higher level than me. Lol I knew someone was gonna call me out on that. XD
Yeah, it's not suspicious or reeks of smurfing or anything! :P

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
The level of the other players is irrelevant. What matters is that you are a low level, so you are matched with players with a similar power ranking (I think that's how it works). Level is just a way to show how much someone has played. I started an alt account so I could try to reach the highest rank I could with only chargers and I won 6 battles in a row and reached the fresh rating with the splat charger, something I could never do at any time on my other account. Nobody is trying to downplay this, but it would be more impressive if it was against good players.
Also, 20 splats in turf war—it might have been less, assists are counted as kill—averages to each player on the other team dying from you an average of once every 36 seconds, so it could potentially be possible to get around 50 kills if you went into a private lobby and tried to get one player the most kills possible and everybody stacked respawn up and swim speed up. Somebody should do that.

Edit: Somebody has actually gotten 99+ in a private ranked match, but the enemy team only had 3 players, so I bet it is possible to get 99 in turf war.

Last edited:

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I normally don't post k/ds here, but I think this game was just too good. Because I started to doubt my ability with the sloshing machine (I haven't used it for a month) since the match before this was pretty rough. It's a shame I didn't record this match, but it was a good match.

The icing on the cake was that I covered more turf than my N-Zap player with a sloshing machine no less.

I also got a pretty decent clip while in this game
c:

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
@ThatOneGuy what region are you from? I ask because it seems like the American version of Splat 2 doesn't show assists or deaths at the end of a battle but other versions do. Would you have any knowledge on this?

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
@ThatOneGuy what region are you from? I ask because it seems like the American version of Splat 2 doesn't show assists or deaths at the end of a battle but other versions do. Would you have any knowledge on this?
It's from splat net 2 if that's what you need to know

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
It's from splat net 2 if that's what you need to know
I know it's in Splatnet 2 and I use it a lot, but I'm just curious about what Nintendo has done. I find it very odd that they would remove something from the game and then add it somewhere else. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the pictures people have posted here, as they don't really look like the app to me.

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
Oh, well I don't know

thundasi

Senior Squid
got camped out the whole game last 20 sec team wiped and "This Way" spamming push, didn't think it would be enough though...It ain't over until the last drop hits the turf!!!!

Last edited:

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I know it's in Splatnet 2 and I use it a lot, but I'm just curious about what Nintendo has done. I find it very odd that they would remove something from the game and then add it somewhere else. Maybe I'm just misinterpreting the pictures people have posted here, as they don't really look like the app to me.
His picture was exported from Splatnet 2. I don’t know if deaths/assists show in the results for other regions, but @ThatOneGuy posted an exported picture from the app. Hope that helps.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I'm from America, and as others have mentioned, yes this was just exported from the Nintendo Switch Online app / Splatnet 2 app. But yeah, the actual game will not show you how many assists you got or times you died. At the end of every game, you will see kills + assists and specials used. You don't get to see deaths or assists individually in game. So, you need the splatnet 2 app to get to see that information.

So yes, they took out raw kills and deaths into the leaderboards at the end of the match, which can be somewhat misleading.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
match results 21.jpg

Had a short little ranked session with some free time this morning, and boy did it feel good. My Jet's been shining in Zones for a good week now thanks to amazing matches like this, which was followed by jumping 10 S+ ranks for the first time!

D

Deleted Member

Even though this was a beautiful game, I still can't stand clam blitz
Who needs range when you have courage amiright?

supgamer76

Inkster Jr.
NNID
supremegamer2
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-9546-1673
so a teammate in the beginning of a rainmaker match was trolling us by taking the rainmaker into our spawn and running in circles+squidbagging instead of pushing to the actual objective. im 100% it wasnt a noob either as they didnt try to go on our pedestal thinking thats how you play rainmaker. well after the rainmaker exploded and killed us all it spawned back at the middle. then, lets have this video say the rest.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
So, the last time I played, I was doing Rainmaker at A+. Was working my way up the meter but had a run of losses. At one win from ranking up, I was at two cracks... then three cracks... then three cracks and a disconnect... then three cracks and a legit loss... and then the maps rotated. Then stuff happened and I didn't play for two weeks.

This last weekend, I load up the game and it's Rainmaker again. Arowana Mall is in the rotation, which I played in Splat 1 but never in Splat 2, and it's very different now. I Recon it first, figure what the hell, go in there, and yep, I get Arowana.

My team gets to an early 31-point lead, right up to the chokepoint, but time runs out with our opponents in control. They run the Rainmaker all the way over to our side, reaching the 33 mark. I shoot the Rainmaker with my Rapid Blaster: one indirect, two indirects, then I go down. My team is still there, though, and I see the "flag" going back and forth, back and forth. I reach our chokepoint with two teammates down. Then one indirect, two, three! We win by two points at 5:29, and I'm S rank in my first mode.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Well, this moment was at least fun for me.

So, I had been avoiding doing Tower Control for a while and just started doing it to get all my ranks to S before I try to shoot for S+. Already have my Rainmaker and Splat Zones ranks at S.

Jumped C- to B. But this is the moment that was kind of sweet.

My very last match to get out of B rank was my team getting a KO win while I pretty much destroyed the opposing team with 11 splats while my other teammates only got combined total of 2 splats.
It was a match on Inkblot, I flanked from the left side, got a splat then snuck up on their charger and took him out. My teammates took care of the other two guys rushing the tower. The rest of the match was basically just me surprise attacking the enemy or me hitting them from behind to keep them from getting to the tower. I got splatted at the very end but it was too late and one of my teammates pushed it to the end and got us the KO.
With that it shot me to A rank where I am atm since I haven't jumped back on Tower Control yet.

HATCHiy

Inkling
NNID
SW-8385-7516-998
Pretty basic here. Instead of spilling the salt, were pouring out the good vibes!

What are some positive, amazing, or even funny moments you've had in Splatoon 2? This can be for any mode: Turf Wars, Splatfests, Ranked, Salmon Run- even Hero Mode! Just drop in those fresh moments.

I'll start with my own- I was plating Turf War at the Inkblot Art Academy map. As a ink brush user, I was doing well to keep any bypassing enemy inklings in check as we had the team pinned down. I decided to check around the middle area just in case and...whats this? A member on my team is idling! He was using some kind of Aerospray....but he wasn't pointed down or anything. Infact, he just stood there and looked around a bit. I became a bit concerned...so, I came over and...

Bap!

I slap him a few times with my brush to get his attention. He seems to turn his view to me....so I call out...

This Way!

Another member of our team wanders over and looks at us both- it was a girl. Looked rather confused by what was going on. The boy paused, then does the same back....

This Way!

And....we all both go about our inking business, hahah. I guess I gave him a bit of a moral boost! And we won that match, fittingly.

Now, what are some of your good moments?
Pretty basic here. Instead of spilling the salt, were pouring out the good vibes!

What are some positive, amazing, or even funny moments you've had in Splatoon 2? This can be for any mode: Turf Wars, Splatfests, Ranked, Salmon Run- even Hero Mode! Just drop in those fresh moments.

I'll start with my own- I was plating Turf War at the Inkblot Art Academy map. As a ink brush user, I was doing well to keep any bypassing enemy inklings in check as we had the team pinned down. I decided to check around the middle area just in case and...whats this? A member on my team is idling! He was using some kind of Aerospray....but he wasn't pointed down or anything. Infact, he just stood there and looked around a bit. I became a bit concerned...so, I came over and...

Bap!

I slap him a few times with my brush to get his attention. He seems to turn his view to me....so I call out...

This Way!

Another member of our team wanders over and looks at us both- it was a girl. Looked rather confused by what was going on. The boy paused, then does the same back....

This Way!

And....we all both go about our inking business, hahah. I guess I gave him a bit of a moral boost! And we won that match, fittingly.

Now, what are some of your good moments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom