• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your fresh moments in Splatoon 2

Jagginator

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6478-7859-9273
share_picture.jpg
This round made an otherwise unsatisfying session very satisfying.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
As I've complained elsewhere, the game frequently puts me in lobbies of new and casual players and makes me feel like a bully for annihilating them. That said, I had a newbie lobby that actually made me feel good for once.
match results 33.jpg

Many booyahs were had. For once I felt like a hero and not a jerk on the playground :oops: Welcome to Splatoon, kids! I excused myself after this match, obviously, but I hope I made my teammate's day.

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
As I've complained elsewhere, the game frequently puts me in lobbies of new and casual players and makes me feel like a bully for annihilating them. That said, I had a newbie lobby that actually made me feel good for once.
View attachment 6229
Many booyahs were had. For once I felt like a hero and not a jerk on the playground :oops: Welcome to Splatoon, kids! I excused myself after this match, obviously, but I hope I made my teammate's day.
Holy crap, I get a couple new players in my lobbies every once in a while, but I've never seen that much level disparity and never more than 2 players under level 10. Those 2 always end up on my team though!

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
One time I used the Undercover Brella, used 3 mains of Special Charge Up and got 10 Specials naturally that game, and I wasn’t even trying cover turf XD

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
So a little background: I'm a defensive player. I like long-range weapons, I tilt when I get splatted too much, and I generally stop pushes, so playing a roller is kind of out of the question for me. I never played them that much in the first Splatoon either.

With Clam Blitz out, I quickly realised that my usual playstyle is not going to cut it anymore. The weapons that succeed seemed to be the close-range, in your face, run and gun ones. So I thought I'd give it a go because why not: curling bombs to get into the opponents' base, ninja squid to close the gap easily, comeback because I'll be dying a lot, swim speed for the rest.

Within a few games I was racking up 15-18 kills per game and snagging knockouts. I may not have played rollers before, but I've faced enough of them to know that you're supposed to get in there and cause chaos. It worked pretty well, I'd say.

With a grand total of 21 games played as a Hero Roller, I brought my stagnant A rank to an S rank.

Incidentally, I also learned that I can avoid tilting at a loss if I'm having an absolute blast playing. My go-to was smacking people point-blank while making farting sounds. My boyfriend thought I was very strange.
People keep telling me that it's a short-range metagame this time around, but I thought I could make it work anyway. WELL I started playing close range weapons too, and I'll just let this speak for itself.

This is legitimately the best I've ever done. It feels like I've learned to play using the H-3 all my life, then suddenly switched to the Splattershot or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: the

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
People keep telling me that it's a short-range metagame this time around, but I thought I could make it work anyway. WELL I started playing close range weapons too, and I'll just let this speak for itself.

This is legitimately the best I've ever done. It feels like I've learned to play using the H-3 all my life, then suddenly switched to the Splattershot or something.
Why I don’t main any Semi Automatics

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Why I don’t main any Semi Automatics
If you're talking about the Nozzlenoses, there's actually some really appealing reasons to use them. They both have 100% accuracy, with the H-3 having this even while jumping. The L-3 and H-3 are both exceedingly ink efficient and great at painting. The L-3 is pretty darn mobile, but suffers from the requirement that you need a second burst to take down an opponent without any preexisting damage (burst bombs on the L3D make this pretty easy). The H-3 has that one-burst kill, but it's damn-near impossible to make all three bullets hit.

Just to clarify though, the reason I brought up the comparison before was because it was like learning to play Splatoon 2 on hard-mode with arguably the game's worst weapon, then switching to the easiest meta-weapon in the game (which ironically I dislike using) and tearing up the ranks with it. It feels like taking off the parking brake, like walking and jumping after taking off your ankle weights. I dunno how often I'll use the short range weapons, because I still tilt when I die a lot, but they're definitely fun.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Mobility is pretty bad considering the disconnected blobs you shoot, especially on the H3

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Had a great zones session last night on my alt. I forget how many matches I did, but I know I only lost two of them. One of the losses was with a DC, and I made the enemies fight for that victory. Also had two complete shutdown victories, where the enemies never capped the zone, which is rare in upper ranks.

I still hesitated a little more than I would have hoped, but for a session where I was trying to be assertive, I think I pushed well enough.

If I were to name a grievance, it's how little my meter filled. All of my matches ended in KO, but they still only filled 1/12 of the bar.

The triple with bubble blower was nice. It feels really nice getting a shower of booyahs from teammates after doing something cool.

Jon914

Pro Squid
I picked up my second gold medal the other day. Won all 7 openers and placed at 2135.

SecondGold.jpg

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Teach me your ways, I am only at S in Clam Blitz...
I finally reached S+ in Clam Blitz!!! :D:D:D Oh boy I'm so happy, it's been the toughest mode to play in soloqueue for sure! Booyah :cool:
Just thinking..can S+0 players get matched up with S+ 50 players?

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Not fresh exactly, but I had a seriously fun Splat Zones match earlier today on my alt. The entire match was back-and-fourth, and my team ended up winning 5 to 10. It was exciting! Honestly even if I lost, I would have been happy. The match was that enjoyable. My teammates were probably a little irritated with me, since I threw out a few random "booyah!"s in excitement.

Thanks to both my teammates and enemies in this match.

DZFFDSyU8AAPxmd.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom