• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your fresh moments in Splatoon 2

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
A few stupid awesome clips I'm showing off, because why not?

A pretty cool Burst Bomb kill that I will probably not be able to replicate for a while.

An epic duel with a teleporting Slosher.

Dodge rolls do not break through walls. I repeat. This is not Dark Souls. Dodge rolls do not break through walls!

Fun times with bubbles!

I call shenanigans!

I call shenanigans part 2!

Sorry for the amount of clips. I forgot to post here for a while.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
So, a Clam Blitz match I had recently in A. The opposing team got the early lead, scoring 40-50 points. A minute after, we manage to take the lead in a big push, but right after, they’re winning again. It goes back and forth like this until the last 20 seconds of the game, when we’re losing ~70-94, after a big opposing push from the enemy team that we barely survived. My teammate grabs a Power Clam and calls for a push. I think it’s hopeless but I follow them anyway, grabbing some Clams. I end up frantically tossing the clams into the basket at literally the last second of the game, with a teammate at my side... then it’s time up.

We won that game... 96-94.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
match results 26.jpg

What a glorious match. We had a disconnect and still eked out a lead to a win. I held the line and the zone while my amazing teammates killed the enemy. Huge kudos to Grapey and Stinko!

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
So a little background: I'm a defensive player. I like long-range weapons, I tilt when I get splatted too much, and I generally stop pushes, so playing a roller is kind of out of the question for me. I never played them that much in the first Splatoon either.

With Clam Blitz out, I quickly realised that my usual playstyle is not going to cut it anymore. The weapons that succeed seemed to be the close-range, in your face, run and gun ones. So I thought I'd give it a go because why not: curling bombs to get into the opponents' base, ninja squid to close the gap easily, comeback because I'll be dying a lot, swim speed for the rest.

Within a few games I was racking up 15-18 kills per game and snagging knockouts. I may not have played rollers before, but I've faced enough of them to know that you're supposed to get in there and cause chaos. It worked pretty well, I'd say.

With a grand total of 21 games played as a Hero Roller, I brought my stagnant A rank to an S rank.

Incidentally, I also learned that I can avoid tilting at a loss if I'm having an absolute blast playing. My go-to was smacking people point-blank while making farting sounds. My boyfriend thought I was very strange.

Last edited:

Tsene

Full Squid
NNID
freakzene
Switch Friend Code
SW-6942-9915-1395
I figured it's about time to try my babies, blasters, on Splatoon 2.

I kind of feel bad, but the last time I actually played Turf war I had a milelong loss streak. So, I'm just happy :rolleyes:

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I’m discovering how much I love the splash-o-Matic. And unseen here is that we were losing and stole the game back in the last fifteen seconds. Getting a quad to cap a win is pretty fun.
Oh, and I changed my name to “SquidbagMe” to see if enemies would actually do it. They do. Often to their detriment, they do. It’s great to will people to squid bag you, and see many, many of them die to one of your allies while they oblige your request.

Last edited:

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I think I knew this thread existed but only thought to post in it now for some reason. :L
Well here's a highlight from a game where a teammate insta dropped and the Sploosh player was squidbagging us, but we pulled through for the last minute comeback!

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
Though I've been feeling rather down with the game lately, my team hit me up for a quad tonight and the results were totally not what we expected, aha!
That's one way to make me feel better about all that.

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
What’s really impressive is that you did it with Tenta Missiles, of all things.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
As part of the series on me learning how to use a roller, let me just say that curling bombs are the best. I didn't think they'd wind up being better than Seekers, but the guaranteed straight line is a keeper.

Reactions: the

Goolloom

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Goolloom222
Let's just say that I haven't had one of those quads in the longest time, and it still feels just as great when the opportunity arises...

Also...
Bonus Clip: ''I TOTALLY SHOULD BE DEAD!''

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
I had a fun experience in Turf last night. I was playing Splattershot Jr. and saw one of my teammates with a Luna Blaster. I've played around with the Luna and it can be awesome, but it sucks if you have no map control because your movement is so limited. So I though "I'm just going to stick to this guy and turf him wherever he wants to go". He immediately saw what I was doing and we went on a tear deep into the enemy side of the map. I eventually got splatted, but I saw on the splat cam that he splatted the squid who go me, and then when i checked the map he was sitting stationary in the same place. So I superjumped to him, sure enough he was hoping I would do that, he let out a "Booyah" when i landed and we continued our tear.

Obviously teamwork should be the norm in a game like this, but it can be hard with no VC and constant switching of teammates, so its always fun to find a teammate who's on the same page as you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom