• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your Opinion on Paid Online

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
> Ignoring my entire response and instead posting a spammy reaction image to try and counter a fact, which was not even that relevant to the rest of what I said.
Hey, I was just commenting on your "consumers have power" delusion. If you've got a problem with that, you're free to continue believing as such in a world where Comcast and Walmart and the RIAA exist.

Also, essentially copying my post is far from clever, but if that's the best you're capable of, that's alright.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
has to happen i want a better server experience and that low cost is nothing in general buy 2 less big mac's per month and your good.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Hey, I was just commenting on your "consumers have power" delusion. If you've got a problem with that, you're free to continue believing as such in a world where Comcast and Walmart and the RIAA exist.

Also, essentially copying my post is far from clever, but if that's the best you're capable of, that's alright.
If you think that's a delusion you have severe difficulties understanding very basic economic principles. If anything, consumers today are more powerful than ever with our nearly unlimited access to information, as well as laws to a great part sustaining the absence of monopoly.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
We don't know much about he paid online but considering Splatoon 2 is one of the major reasons I'm buying Switch I will probably end up paying a sub - as long as its reasonably priced(not paying more than $50). As long as they support the game long term like on the Wii U I'd be happy to pay for those updates to continue and for the game to continue being expanded.

peat-warrior

Banned (6 points)
If you think that's a delusion you have severe difficulties understanding very basic economic principles. If anything, consumers today are more powerful than ever with our nearly unlimited access to information, as well as laws to a great part sustaining the absence of monopoly.
Absence of monopoly?!! Please stop spreading those pro-capitalist lies.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
And most consumers don't use that information and just go by what's in front of them, and those laws are going to be hampered and repealed in the next 4 years. But then, there's no reasoning with you, which is why you continue to be on ignore.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
Absence of monopoly?!! Please stop spreading those pro-capitalist lies.
If you do a little research, you would know that the law sustains competition to an unbelievable degree. Methods like underpricing the competetion to a degree where all sides would make a loss but only the strongest company would end up surviving, like predatory pricing, are illegal. Companies, especially in threatenned markets, are being subsidized. And even in situations where monopoly is impossible to avoid, clear abuse of monopoly in vital markets is prosecutable, like in the most recent case of Shkreli. And this changes for the better. Decade after decade. At no time did we have more power than now.

And most consumers don't use that information and just go by what's in front of them, and those laws are going to be hampered and repealed in the next 4 years. But then, there's no reasoning with you, which is why you continue to be on ignore.
And yet they have access to it, unlike back in the day where they did not and companies were able to put out lies that the normal consumer had no chance of disproving with the lack of access to public information or the restriction of media. Having the information available is power. Not making use of it isn't lack of power, but stupidty. Don't talk about economics when you don't possess even basic knowledge in that area. And for the record, trying to make this personal doesn't help your credibility. It's only showing to me that you neither possess knowledge to judge anything related to this topic, nor the required integrity to admit it.

Last edited:

peat-warrior

Banned (6 points)
If you do a little research, you would know that the law sustains competition to an unbelievable degree. Methods like underpricing the competetion to a degree where all sides would make a loss but only the strongest company would end up surviving, like predatory pricing, are illegal. Companies, especially in threatenned markets, are being subsidized. And even in situations where monopoly is impossible to avoid, clear abuse of monopoly in vital markets is prosecutable, like in the most recent case of Shkreli. And this changes for the better. Decade after decade. At no time did we have more power than now.

And yet they have access to it, unlike back in the day where they did not and companies were able to put out lies that the normal consumer had no chance of disproving with the lack of access to public information or the restriction of media. Having the information available is power. Not making use of it isn't lack of power, but stupidty. Don't talk about economics when you don't possess even basic knowledge in that area. And for the record, trying to make this personal doesn't help your credibility. It's only showing to me that you neither possess knowledge to judge anything related to this topic, nor the required integrity to admit it.
The capitalist system is currently in its very last stage, also known as "State monopoly capitalism" or in German, "Staatsmonopolistischer Kapitalismus".

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
To me, I'm not too concerned about the online services because it's still in the making and I'd rather wait and see if it'll be worth it or not. If it goes well, I'd probably want to eventually get my hands on it. The games it has are pretty interesting, Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2 as examples, but until I see how the whole thing turn out, I'd rather save for a rainy day. And if it doesn't do too well, I'm not going to be upset about it since I already have other options such as other consoles and other forms of entertainment besides online gaming.

Though a few thoughts on the service itself.
I'm not too sure about the smartphone voice chat app, there are other services that are there besides Nintendo, but if Nintendo makes they're voice chat application somehow different than the rest I could see it being possibly worth it. Especially since they are trying to get this system in a more portable light.

The NES/SNES games that they release every so often that only the subscribers can have and have to stay subscribe to keep is something they might offer better, not to be a cheap shrewd, but I got Outlast and The Walking Dead: Season 1 for free as being a Gold member a few months ago. That to me is more worth it than something that could bring little bits of nostalgia. Aren't these options available on PC anyways?

Those are my only thoughts. I was about to say something about the third party games but I think I'll have to wait sometime until the system releases. I really do hope the Switch will be a big success to Nintendo and bring some awesome goodies to the table in later time.

But until than, I'm gonna play some Spyro.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
The capitalist system is currently in its very last stage, also known as "State monopoly capitalism" or in German, "Staatsmonopolistischer Kapitalismus".
I don't think we're having the same conversation here.

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
This is crazy cause I just had to go to a birthday party today and I came back and something tells me that the Switch is going to be a total success.

I was driving my way to a restaurant that a friend was having their birthday at, and on my way I saw a GameStop having a clearance sale. And I was like "Alright, screw it. I have time." When I reached down there I eventually realized that the items on sale were just some shirts and memorabilia, nothing interesting.

But before I even went inside the store, I found they put something on the door saying that they practically sold out on reservations and pre-orders for a Switch console.
And while I was browsing for a game, (got Black Ops and Anarchy) an employee came to me saying if anythings alright. I had to ask.

"Are you guys totally out on the Switch pre-orders?"
The guy looked at me and said "Yep, we are out! Every store currently in the state is sold out on pre-orders for them. The only things available are the games and pro controllers."

And I was aghast as to how many were gone that fast. Just shocked. And the system is like, what, a month away.

If I would want to get my hands on it, I don't think I would have a chance until much, much later on. Cause I certainly won't be able to get one now.

I know that this wasn't on topic, but I did say I would wait it out and see. And as far as I can see, people want this, badly.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
This is crazy cause I just had to go to a birthday party today and I came back and something tells me that the Switch is going to be a total success.

I was driving my way to a restaurant that a friend was having their birthday at, and on my way I saw a GameStop having a clearance sale. And I was like "Alright, screw it. I have time." When I reached down there I eventually realized that the items on sale were just some shirts and memorabilia, nothing interesting.

But before I even went inside the store, I found they put something on the door saying that they practically sold out on reservations and pre-orders for a Switch console.
And while I was browsing for a game, (got Black Ops and Anarchy) an employee came to me saying if anythings alright. I had to ask.

"Are you guys totally out on the Switch pre-orders?"
The guy looked at me and said "Yep, we are out! Every store currently in the state is sold out on pre-orders for them. The only things available are the games and pro controllers."

And I was aghast as to how many were gone that fast. Just shocked. And the system is like, what, a month away.

If I would want to get my hands on it, I don't think I would have a chance until much, much later on. Cause I certainly won't be able to get one now.

I know that this wasn't on topic, but I did say I would wait it out and see. And as far as I can see, people want this, badly.
It is true that preorders did sell out for Switch consoles in less than 3 days of being available for preorder from both GameStop and Amazon. It is also true that the Switch Pro controllers are currently sold out on Amazon. Even in Japan, people were waiting outside, waiting for stores to open up to pre-order the Switch. However, there are only 2 million Switch consoles available for launch worldwide. In the grand scheme of things, this is not a whole lot. There are definitely people who want the console, but we don't even know if that number is impressive or not, due to how little stock there are for these consoles.

I am just hoping that Nintendo can produce enough of these consoles, especially for the holidays, what with Mario coming out during that time.

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
Hi, what Spyro do you play?

Spyro: A Hero's Tail for the Original Xbox

(I just finished the game after like 8 years of owning it) I'm still trying to collect all the Dragon Eggs and Light Gems.

I used to own plenty of Spyro games on the first Playstation, but that was lost under whole bunch of stuff that nobody wants to go through.

KungFu

Inkster Jr.
However, there are only 2 million Switch consoles available for launch worldwide.
2 million!?! That is certainly not enough for the rest of us. I can agree, hopefully they make more by the time the holidays hit.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
2 million!?! That is certainly not enough for the rest of us. I can agree, hopefully they make more by the time the holidays hit.
Oh, more will be made in due time, 2 million is just for the launch though, and the hardware will be available as well in the upcoming months once release hits, but you are gonna have to be rather aggressive if you want one. I am just hoping that enough gets produced for the holidays, as that will really help Nintendo out with moving hardware, which is important, since it will help out 3rd party support as well.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
They didn't mean to satisfy the need, they purposely delivered a far too low quantity. That's part of the strategy. A strategy that kills two bird with one stone and is pretty genius. From past experiences they know that they can easily be sold out with only 2m copies out there, whether their console will be a success or a failure. Same with the Wii U for example. Sales are the only way to determine success, so that way, whether the Switch is destined to fail as it is now or whether it is not, it's absolutely impossible to determine by the customers. So the chance of people being shaken off by a potential bad start upon launch is eliminated. Not just that, but limited quantity is also a very common strategy to increase desire. Tell a man he can't get something and that is all he's going to want.

After the actual launch they will of course deliver a far higher quantity of consoles. Absolutely no reason to worry about that.

Waluigi

Inkling
NNID
LennyMemez
In all honesty, i see it pretty fair, but i don't think we've recieved prices yet.

If it's cheap enough i don't think it'd be as irksome as some people make it out to be at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom