ZA: Camp Triggerfish [RP is closed, go to "Back to School!"]

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola quickly caught the bag of Marshmallows. "Thanks!" She said, taking some out and nibbling on some. "Still, Just explain it to him and apologize and I'm sure he'll understand."

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
((@ChibiDubtalia))

Jordan smiled, looking over some of the maps and their circled spots, seeming to be lost in thought. "Yeah, she is really nice," Jordan agreed, absently.

He perked up as he grabbed and laid out a collection of photos. A patch of delicate flowers surrounded by a cliff and the sun shining right on it, a sleek glowing leaf --actually glowing in spots along the stem-- with a piece of board walk in the corner of the photo...

"Some of these places are like, less than an hour or two away! Though a lot are in places where you need Granny RG's 'okay' to wander into," he laughed. "Oh man this photo...!"

In the picture there was a large, --extremely large!-- gnarled tree. Standing on it's roots were a younger looking Jordan (+Zarqa) and an inkling lady with kind, mischievous eyes. Both of them were reaching for the sky like little kids.

"Mira said this was for height reference, but that's total bullshark," Jordan joked. "Man, Violet, some of these place are super cool. Ha, sorry, I haven't looked at these in a while either."

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
Lydia giggles a bit, seeing Viola go straight for the marshmallows instantly before looking back to the clownfish. "Yeah... let's get back to the campfire so we can get everything settled."

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
"It's alright. It is nice to look back at the memories you have made," she chuckles. They were beautiful pictures and cute seeing Jordan, Zarqa, and Mira as young kids. Hearing that the places were possibly close by, she wouldn't mind walking to there to see the beauty of it. "Did you ever revisited these places recently or thought about it?"

@Aykorn

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
((@ChibiDubtalia @BlueDogXL))

"Mira and I went to this area," he flipped to a page within the book and pointed at a map. "It's sort of a day hike with a swampy board-walk at a certain part of the trail. You have to like... camp on the boards. And at night... all of the Aequorin plants glow and its crazy cool."

He looked up at Violet, "What kind of trails do you want to see?"

Jordan swiped the tentacle off of his lap, hoping to not damage the book or disturb Alex's sleep. He grinned smugly. "Alex, dude," he whispered, "what do you think is out past the camp grounds?"

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
Vivi thought for a moment as she looked at the maps and remembered listening to Jordan's reminiscencing. "I wouldn't mind going to mostly all of these places you've been to with Mira," she replies. "Even if it's fall and not the spring or summer, I wouldn't mind going to there any time soon."

@Aykorn

Plutoniumcube

Pro Squid
NNID
Enteryourname
@Aykorn
"Say, are there any records of any prehistoric or evolutionarily stagnant plant life?" Vincent muttered, half hoping Jordan would hear him.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
(Meanwhile at the docks)

Chaos was still sitting alone at the docks, now in curl up position and still looking towards the lake. He was thinking much of his past and kept wondering why he still felt alone. Sigh...what am I even doing...?

On the random side, his squidphone buzzed and he received a notification of Arowana Mall having new clothes in stock.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
(( @ChibiDubtalia @Plutoniumcube ))
Jordan beamed at Violet, with a small chuckle. "I guess I'll have to start talking with Lucy about how much we can fit into this trip."

"Also, I bet there are a ton of plants that haven't been changed in a while, Vincent," Jordan answered, "...but I wouldn't know any of that. Mira's the botanist and all, you know?"
--
Zarqa swam behind the two girls as they returned to the Campfire site, skittish about letting Jordan notice her right away. The clownfish opted for picking up a stray drawing that was still left on the floor, and gently sliding it into the book.

"...J-Jordan, I'm sorry," The teary-eyed clownfish began. "I just wanted to--"

"Man, Zarqa, you remember this photo?" Jordan gently asked. "You're actually in this one because Mira's little brother took it. And a lot of these photos... were taken by you." He looked up with a melancholic smile. "That's why I thought you'd know to take care of it better, because we've been adding to it for so long."

Zarqa looked heartbroken at that statement. "No! I...! I just meant..." She swam over to brush the side of Jordan's face. "I just thought 'knowing the trails well', didn't begin to cover it. ...You're a counselor here for a reason, too."

"...Thanks Zee. "Jordan rolled his eyes, but... he was smiling genuinely. "Yeah, I know you probably worried a ton so I'm not mad. Just.... if you do that again, Mira will probably splat us both? So.. don't? Alright?"

((@Lydia @TACarbuncle ))

He looked up at the other two who had arrived, waving for them to join the fire again. "Ready with the marshmallows?" He grinned. "Hey, I might just have an idea. Why don't we roast a bunch and see if we can lure Chaos back here with some? The least we can do for having him run off is taunt him with sweets," Jordan joked.

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
(@Aykorn)

Lydia couldn't help but chuckle at the thought, especially the small possibility that it could actually work. "Sure, let's try!" She nods. "But... before we do, mind if I ask what exactly you're holding there, Jordan?"

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola's cheeks were puffed up, her eyes darting back and forth. "Umph...Ofmkay..." She said, it obvious that she had marshmallows stuffed in her mouth. She hands the bag to Jordan, sitting down as she tried to chew all the marshmallows she already had.

Last edited:

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Jordan looked up curiously. "This is a research journal of one of my friends," he answered. "I usually help with add to it when I'm around Triggerfish, but... it's sort of gotten filled with more things over the years. Drawings and pictures of flowers. Awesome locations. Research, theories, even local lore and myths."

He grinned at Zarqa, "Aaand, it's all our good friend Mira's," he said, pointing out the shimmering "M.L."

"Come on, let's all get in on making a ton marshmallows since we opened a whole other bag." Jordan started putting one on a roasting stick. "There is an art to browning these perfectly."

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
Lydia giggles and grabs the roasting stick she was using originally and nods "Alright. Any chance I could look at that book later?" she asks.

Plutoniumcube

Pro Squid
NNID
Enteryourname
@Aykorn
"Should have known, sorry about that." Vincent said melancholicly. "On the contrary, pretty much anything is compared to something..."

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
(( @Lydia @MacSmitty ))
Jordan nodded at Lydia, rotating his marshmallow precisely. "You might want to look at it now, Lydia. I'm probably going to put it back in it's hiding spot right before we head to the cabins." Jordan took the chance to bring the topic back up, "Cabins are, again, still a thing unless someone miraculous combines solid buildings."

"I guess I can probably pull the journal out a bunch later, but you'll have to remind me." He motioned for Lydia to sit nearer if she wanted to look closer. Hearing Lucas sigh, he shot a similar signal the boy inkling's way.

Offhandedly Jordan brought up one last thing. "Uhm, I guess we're supposed to ask stuff about Lucy and I, but...?" He shrugged. "Forge, how the shell do you know Shaxx? I am only slightly curious because you just picked a fight with my boss, and it looks like we've got time to turn marshmallows."

Jordan paused to clarify. "See, I'm not here all year like Lucy so...I know RG's other grandkid super well- -because they're best friends with one of my roomies-- but I don't know Shaxx."

((@Rustic))

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola finished swallowing the marshmallows, licking her lips afterwards. "I like food. Simple as that. Not just marshmallows!" She smiled as she watched everyone else. She decided to wait and let others go at the marshmallows before potentially going for more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom