Zapfish Academy [IC Thread: What's in a Club?]

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Nyron barely caught the ball, but a smile was on her face. I caught it properly!

Still smiling, she mulled over the question.

"Well, I'd be curious if anything. I would take some pictures and use them as a reference for drawing if it allows me, but other than that I'd leave it be. Unless it was hurt. Then I'd try and help it."

Looking at Parzival, she tossed the ball in his direction. "Parzival. Same question."

(( @ThatSquidYouKnow ))

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Parzival reached out to grab the ball, but it bounced on his fingertips before he caught it. "Well I guess I would donate it to an orphanage, as I was one at some point, so I would help people like me." Parzival threw it into the air and it flied towards Jennie.
(( @Aykorn ))

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Jennie clapped the ball in midair.

"Man," she whined, "No one's come up with a question for me yet," she pouted. What was she, the default question generator? "Alright. Same question."

"Prehistoric, boney land creatures? I don't see why I'd care. Aren't they, like, not very intelligent? Maybe someone should help them with that; give them some tips. Maybe I should teach them to skateboard. Do something useful."

Partially satisfied with her answer and turning the ball over in her hand, she spoke."So, Ranae, was it?"

"I've never seen an anemone with a turtle; kinda cool. I'm curious how that happened, but anyway: my real question. This got me thinking about the Chirpy Chips. What's your favorite of the music groups in Inkopolis?"

She smirked,. "This question took a nosedive earlier, but like I said. I'm curious."

(( @Right Whale ))

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
"Hightide Era, no qestions asked" She spoke immediately after hearing it asked. "And if your asking how I got my turtle, just found him, simple as."

"Hm, same question to you Tlaloc" She said as she threw the ball at him.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
He caught the ball, but didn't answer all at once. He took some time and thought the question over before saying, "classical music in general, if that's an answer that would please the masses. If not, I'm a huge fan of Calkovsky and all of his compositions."

He scanned the room but it didn't take long for his eyes to find the person he was looking for. "But really, I think this is a question for our very own DJ in the room. Please, share your thoughts on our music and what you like about it or don't!"

((At you @Robikku Squid ))

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
Kei picked up a pencil, slightly more comfortable with Ranae's assurance but she still didn't trust that turtle... She let the pencil stroke across the notebook, making random lines and scribbles.

Maybe I should've brought my Splat Charger... No.. Wait, are those even allowed on school campus? I remember trying to make art on the wall in Inkopolis with my Splat Charger.. That didn't go down too well with the police.

Kei slightly chuckled, it seemed funny now, in her first turf war, she thought the meaning of "Turf War" was to make the best art on the walls or floor with ink.
..I must've looked like an idiot.

Maybe there should be something like an art war.. But it would be pretty hard to make art due to the fact the ink will drip anywhere and the lines are thick and wide... Maybe an Inkbrush would do the trick? Kei pondered, ignoring the voices of students.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
((So everyone is aware, I'm going to be making the closing post for this scene soon at popular demand! Hope everyone enjoyed the first portion and got some character building in. The next scene should be more open for you all to post at your own pace... so look forward to it!))

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
The ball bounced off of the Vinyl with a ping and fell to the floor. Tlaloc got up to pick it up, but Ms Caligo got up and said, "that's enough." She walked over to the ball and scooped it up. Then, moving back to the desk, she said, "that was a good first class everyone. Before the final bell for school rings, I'd like to make a few notes for the speakers in the class."

She turned around, facing the circle again and said, "good job any and all who spoke today. I know that speaking isn't everyone's strong suit--scary for many in fact--but getting out of your comfort zone is an important part of growing as a person." Her tone was strong and loud, demanding attention, but also kind and understanding. The air of a teacher.

"First, I'd like to address our first speaker and silent observer, Vinyl. You have kept rather silent after the beginning, but you started things off and that's something I can appreciate. Still, I'd prefer if you would keep up with the discussion--jump in once in a while, even if it's not what you'd normally do. Same with you Krys.

"Next, KBot, thank you for maintaining communication with the class for this long. You seem to look at everyone from your own elite pedestal and, for most of this class, I was waiting until you disregarded everyone and stopped paying attention. But you didn't and whether that's because some people caught your eye or true diligence... welcome to Communications.

"Nyron, you have a little to learn about people. If you don't want to talk about something, don't bring it up. Speaking is just as much about what you say as what you don't say. I know I should have let that topic drop, but I feel that the class can benefit from understanding this concept and I hope you can forgive me.

"On the flip side, you have to be willing to give to get. Parzival, you keep too much to yourself and need to be willing to accept people into your thoughts. Your world ends with the people you let in and if you can't show others yourself, you can't truly see others. Understanding people has long since been a reason for communication and I hope you can learn this through the class.

"And for people to be able to be let in," she marched from the front of the room straight up to Rhin, then, quickly tearing off his headphones, yelled "you need to be able to hear them! I have nothing against music Rhin Ardongale, but if you're going to listen to it in class, at least have a discussion about their lyrics and meaning. Otherwise, if I see earbuds or headphones on, well..." she had a fun glint in her eye as she grinned at him.

Letting the threat hang in the air, she walked back to the front of the room and turned attention back to the class. "I wanted to see what the group would do with minimal input from me. I'd try to avoid a direct conflict that might have led to blows," she looked at Tlaloc, not callously, but she looked at him nonetheless, "or in the case of complete silence or direct communication. As things stand, the one who managed this situation best was Jennie.

"Two times, she changed the entire flow of the conversation; first with the two truths and a lie, second with manipulating the question going around the room to one more energized and thought provoking. Good questions lead to good thoughts and good thought lead to more interesting communication. I look forward to great things from you Ms. Meyjan."

"As for our latecomers," her eyes glanced over Ranae, Barrett and Kei respectively, "I would advise that you come in at the proper time for class--then you'd know why this phrase means something right now: 'those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.'" A few chuckles escaped the class, "as things stand, you have no idea why that applies. But to you Kei..."

She 'hem hem'ed then seemed to thing before saying, in perfect Jellyfish, "welcome to this class and I look forward to seeing you more often. Your inkling is incredibly adept for your age and species and your idea to communicate through drawings--yes I noticed that--was a clever move. Even though I'll understand you in Jelly, no one else will, so I'd recommend continuing your practice of the Inkling language."

Resuming her Inkling dialect she continued, "Ranae, a big part of communications is networking. I feel that I might know a few people that you might want to talk to to help your business; talk to me after class tomorrow and we'll get that sorted out."

Then, packing her things, she said, "finally, Barrett... welcome to Communications. Again. Try to pass this time."

Ms. Caligo said some final words about leaving the room as it was and how she would use it that way for her next period tomorrow. Everything collected, she walked to the door with her briefcase and materials perfectly collected just as the bell rang.

Then she tripped and fell through the doorway.

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
Kei straightened up in surprise at the teacher's fluency in Jellyfish. She rubbed the back of her head shyly. "T-thanks..." Kei replied as she scooped all her supplies into a bag, transformed from light to extremely heavy. She grunted as she slung it over her shoulder. Stumbling as she headed out of the classroom.
The teacher was nice.. But this was some boring class.. You just sit there, and toss a ball... Hopefully that isn't what the class will actually be.
Her strands of jelly hair frolicked as she strolled down the hallway.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
((So you are aware, that was the closing post of the scene, scene's over now. Please avoid posting until the next scene us up. ^u^))

Postwreck

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Postwreck
Silence- along with a few soft, muffled chuckles- fell through the room as Ms. Caligo fell over. That silence was quickly the loudspeaker above the door. It rang out a quick beep, indicating that an announcement was about to take place. The higher pitched but firm voice of the head counselor, Mr. Humboldt.

"Good afternoon students and faculty," he began, "I'd like to thank every one of you for making the beginning of this year great. I hope that we can continue this momentum into the coming weeks. I do need to make it clear though, that it is against school policy to bring any kind of weapon to school, including those that are used in sports. If you need to bring them for a team, then take them directly to the office. We don't want to have another incident, and if we do, there will be consequences.

"Now, that all being said, you should have been informed this morning that every student is required to be a member of a club in order to pass this year. You all should have received a piece of paper this morning as well, with a list of all of the clubs on it. You were required to fill this out with your name and your preferred club and turn it in to your first hour teacher. If you did not receive a sheet or if you did not turn it in, please report to the main office after I conclude this announcement.

"All clubs will be holding a meeting in the next few minutes. I apologize that you don't get to go home yet. Sports club will be meeting in room 101, music club will be in 305, fashion club will be in 307, games club will be in 103, book club will be in 301, and drama club will be in the auditorium. You will be excused from your club when the teacher in charge dismisses you. Please don't take too long getting to the rooms. If there aren't enough students in each club to meet standard, you will be required to join a different club. Thank you all for your time, and I look forward to having a great school year!"

The sound of a phone hanging up was the last until the room fell silent again. The bell rang for a few seconds, and class was dismissed.

((Choose a club now and assume that your character had already filled the paper out. Unless you really want to go to the office.))

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
'Clubs, great. I would go music, but I'm intrigued by games. What is it, board games, text games, hmm. Better ask someone.'
((@Postwreck Pls clarify on 'games'))

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
Kei stumbled around with her heavy bag, observing the available clubs... None of them seemed intriguing to her... Until she spotted an "Art Club"
She sprinted to the stand, jumping with excitement.
Will we use weapons or Inkbrushes? That is the question.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
All the clubs seemed lame to Rhin...that is, until he saw the games club. "This seems like the only DECENT club. I guess this is my go to." He thought walking towards the stand.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Jennie slung her bag over her shoulder, saying a quick goodbye to the teacher and whoever in the class might have caught it, then existing the room.

Her first choice pick was obviously Games Club. If there was a game to be played, she'd be the player; and if there were no games, she always had a deck of cards on her for just that reason.

Fashion had caught her eye, of course. It was an interest she somewhat shared with one of her skating gals. Well, accessories more like. Her next choice after that had been Drama.

Not that one could join more than one club, but Jennie felt she would avoid clogging up her schedule with extracurricular. Save time for her skateboarding and girls.If they counted skateboarding as the competitive sport it was, she'd be down for Sports club in a heartbeat, buuuut, it was obvious what "Sports" actually meant.

She smirked. That wasn't meant to sound bitter; in fact, the people who kept up practicing ink battles over the school year got mad respect from her. That was a not-subtle nod to another skating pal though.

To room 103 it was!

Last edited:

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
'Well, I've always wanted to pick up the drums. Might as well sign up for Music. Welp, off to room 305.'

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
Kei ripped off the poster inspecting it...
It's all in Inkling.. I can't read it.. It looks like an art club from the pictures...
Kei clutched on the poster, and decided to get help from the nearest person.. Which happened to be Parzival. She sprinted to him, tapping his shoulder then pointing to the poster. "Do you know where this club is?" She asked in Jellyfish

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Terence stepped out of math class careful not to hit his head on the doorway. Man math was not his strong suit, how am I supposed to Ink 200 points with a dynamo roller? Oh wait huge amounts of Ink spread and the sprinkler I think is on it as well.

He listened to the announcement, fashion club? he looked down onto his outfit, no way he could accomplish that without becoming a laughingstock. Sports club? Not after what happened before, not to mention that he is banned from basketball, Two clubs down already he dryly thought. Writing club however. That seemed good as long it doesn't involve any Squidspeare. Games club also seemed appealing, maybe he could meet people, people that are comfortable with a huge person and then there's Art club, he never enjoyed drawing and none of his drawings were great either so that removed that on the spot. Terence thought his two choices out, Writing or Games. "I'll go with Games, I ain't taking any chances with Squidspeare and his annoyingly hard poems, now where's room 103?"

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
"Games, hmm, fashion, hmm, I'd say games would be more "fun" so, games it is" She decided with little thought while heading towards room 103

This will be interesting, games, don't see that often in schools besides chess clubs. Should be good fun. She wondered how surprised people would be when they see her in games not fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom