• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy [IC Thread: What's in a Club?]

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
The urchin looked at her with the most bored expression, seeming to shuffle her cards one more time to emphasize that. Slowly, she cleaned up the pile, clicking all the cards back into place. Slowly.

"'kay sure. Did you have a game in mind?" She seemed to be waiting for the response as if judging the girl based on what Jennie said.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
"Hmm, I know plenty," Jennie chirped. "There's only two of us right now so... do you know Speed? I've got other games. We'd need more players though."

She leaned her elbows on the table and rested her chin in her hands, looking out out at the people beginning to enter the room. "If anyone else were to join, that'd work out great. But for now..."

She gave a casual salute-like wave. "Call me Jennie. And what about you?"

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
As Viola came up to the door to the auditorium, she noticed a piece of paper taped to the door. "What's this?" She said, reading it to herself. "Due to a record turn out of students, Drama club is no longer accepting applications. WHAT?!" She shouted, the dismay clear in her voice. "I took too long! What do I do now?" She said, looking around desperately. She quickly began to walk down the hall, looking at the application in her hand.

Her attention divided, her sandals caught on a loose tile, sending her plummeting to the ground. "Ah!" She squealed as she fell on her face, her sandal flying off and bonking her on the head. " Owwwww" She whined, quickly grabbing her sandal before looking at the room she was in front of. "Room 101....Isn't that the sports club?" She thought aloud, putting her sandal back on and standing up. Worried that the day was gonna end before she decided, she took a deep breath and quickly altered her application. "I hope they're not mad that I came in later..." She said, opening the door to the room and walking in. "H-Hi. Sorry I'm late..." She said, trying to keep what happened a secret.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
"Well, Jennie," the urchin girl began, "I'm Barbara. My friends call me Barb. Speed is a decent two player game, so let's see how you fare." Her steely expression never left her face as she set all the cards into position and dealt the five cards, flicking them over the table with grace. The motions were quick and without any waste.

"Good luck."

((@Aykorn Barb is good and will likely win, but write the game however you want. I'd say she's not as good as a pro player but one of the best players in the school so if you win, make it a tough match.))

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
Ranae immediately sat down at the Krakens and Crusades table, waiting for other people to start playing with her, she enjoyed RP. ((Roleplay-ception?))

Hmm, a lot of people chose games club, not surprising. There's Jennie, no surprise she would be here.

Ranae was deep in though while waiting for a match.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Terence filled out the form just outside the Games club room. "Not surprising, that a ton of people are here." Terence said looking down at the form bin. Looking around the room he saw three rows of games he could play, Krakens and Crusaders had a small group around it but he didn't come to this club just to roleplay, at least not now. It could actually be fun to play. But how DO you play it?

Card games was another but seemed to be relatively empty, a skate was gracefully shuffling her cards, same as an Urchin. Terence looked away from the two, the urchin seemed pretty focused on shuffling her cards. Too bad I'm not as skilled as that, I could hardly tie my shoelaces quickly. Not to mention I never got card games, I always seem to have bad luck and lose.

Finally there was a row of tables with the sign Board Games, on it. No specific types were there, just a large variety of board games. He thought about how rare it was to find boards games in this day and age, most either faded away or were broken beyond the magical repair of tape. It interested him, but he stood there for bit thinking about what to play, both K&C and the random board games sounded equally good, but he couldn't come to a decision. Terence borrowed a die from one of the vacant games and quickly rolled it. Odd number board games, even number K&Cs he thought.

The die rolled a two, making the decision for Terence. Picking it up and placing it back down in its correct board, "You did your job well" he murmured. Resigning to the Krakens and Crusaders table, sliding his bag underneath the table and then sitting down with a quiet "oof". These chairs really need to be a bit bigger. What is this game about anyway? "Hey there uh... Anemone boy I'm new to K&C, how do you play it?" He asked the anemone "I'm Terence, by the way."

Last edited:

Robikku Squid

Just a squid havin' some fun! :3
NNID
RobikkuScratch
"You. What is your name and what do you play?"

Oh this was gonna be a fantastic start...Vinyl inwardly moaned - it seemed like she'd wound up with not necessarily a bad group of club comrades, but a teacher who was doing his best to come across like his whole life had been about nothing more than demoralising those he was dealing with. Nevertheless, she raised an eyebrow and leant back on the chair - oh she wasn't about to just sit there and make him think she was an easy target...she wasn't on the battlefield, and she wasn't gonna be one here.

" A little of this, a little of that...you know what a DJ is, I figure! " she says, giving a quick shrug. " So Tell me...is this class representative of modern musical methods, or are you just kinda draggin' your tentacles? " The DJ Inkling shakes her head lightly with a small chuckle. " I mean, here I am...a willin' student of the dynamic musical age we live in, and you got nothin' to channel it with, s'that right? "

That was pretty much all she had any need to say - she sorta had a feeling she knew what his reply would be, but sometimes you gotta grab the seahorse by the tail and see where it takes you!

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
"Hey, I was playing with those!" yelled Parzival, a little loudly. He looked around the room, no one had turned to look at him yet, so he just hid in his own ink. 'Maybe I can survive for a while here' thought Parzival. He listened to what Viynl had to say. 'Isn't it a little odd how Viynl is called that when the humanoid beings who lived here use vinyl to do there DJing? I dunno, might be coincidence.'

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
Kei slightly panicked when the violin was pulled away from her hands.
IT'S A THIEF! QUICK! GET A TEACHER! Wait...
Maybe that's the director.

Kei had her eyes glued to the violin the entire time, making sure no harm comes to the "precious" item.

lonelyrollingsquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Selfcat
Krys was surprised but not disappointed to hear of the focus on ink sports. She participated in turf wars herself, and they were quite fun, even though she didn't understand the gear aspect of it. The club was a little small but it was nice, kind of cosy even, and the people in it seemed alright.

When Ash spoke to her Krys returned her grin.
"I guess I'm alright with Splattershot Jr. type weapons. Y'know, good ink usage and coverage, decent range."

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Jennie couldn't hid her intrigue as Barb adeptly laid out the game, no need for explanation. Just lay and play. Jennie could tell; this was her kind of game, her kind of opponent.The skate stretched her fingers and grinned viciously. Since this chick had obviously played before there was no need to hold back.

Jennie swept up her starting 5 cards, organizing them a bit, then declared the start of the game to the already-waiting urchin. By the first time they both ran out of options, Jennie could tell this person had incredible dealing skills, placing cards lightning quick, but by the time Barb called "Speed," Jennie still had 7 cards left in reserve. That game had been not even close.

She was shocked. Jennie wasn't about to make excuses for losing --Speed was a game of luck and skill-- but she knew that wasn't her A-game. And besides, she was no sore loser.

No, in fact, she was excited about this. Jennie eagerly offered: "Rematch?"

Another game. At the end they were both at the very last of their cards, but Barb was the one to place them all and call "Speed". Jennie's own last card --a 6 of spades-- fell limply out of her hand. But she was grinning. That was so close.

"Wow, you are pretty good at this, Barb. How'd you get so good?"

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
"Hey," a voice began. Nyron was half expecting someone to get her attention, but half expecting it to be an uneventful club day. But here someone was, talking to her. Turns out, it was Tlaloc--the club president was too busy moping.

"Hey, I'm sorry about before," he went on, not waiting for any recognition. "You just took some violently red paint and glopped a gigantic 'ask me questions' sign that I don't think you actually wanted. So I directed attention from that. But I didn't do it very nicely. Sorry." He didn't look sorry, as he was looking away from her, but the apology seemed genuine.

"Welcome to the book club, club for nerds and losers who like literature. Like me. And like you, I guess."

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Nyron looked at Tlaloc, a bit surprised. She hadn't really expected an apology. "Ahh, it's fine, really."

"Heheh, yeah I guess," Nyron turned her head to look at the anemone, "who's that?"

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Tlaloc didn't even need to look at who Nyron was looking at to know what the answer was. "James and Gina. As with most Anemone, they're an insufferably inseparable duo."

James, who was seemed to be falling into the padding of the comfy chair, jabbed back saying, "I'm still here you know."

"James, who is still here," Tlaloc noted, "is the serious one who will stop at nothing to make sure that everything goes according to plan. Gina is the calm one that reminds him that plans happen to be made by people and people make mistakes. They balance each other out well."

Postwreck

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Postwreck
Music:
"Well," Bigfin began, "I don't know that I'd call most modern music very dynamic, given how loud it all is. But that doesn't mean I can't respect the craft. I'm well aware of the intricacies that go into DJing. In fact, when I was in high school myself, that's how I made money on the side. Popular music was different then, but I'm no stick in the mud. I've actually done work with quite a number of modern stars. Have you ever heard of the Squid Sisters? I've done mixing for a few of their songs." He smiles again, setting the violin down onto a counter.

"I do actually have a mixing board, as well as a few turntables and a sampling board in one of the closets here. I can dig them out for you while... you answer my earlier questions." He points to Parzival as he opens up a closet and starts rummaging through all sorts of junk.
@ThatSquidYouKnow

Sports:
Coach Fire spoke up again, "Excellent. That's a unique choice, but it makes sense. What about you?"
He points to Iro... Just as Viola comes crashing into the room. After she speaks, Coach Fire looks at her and says, "Oh, look at that. I was just thinking that we'd need one more for this group. Come on in and have a seat. I'm Coach Fire. This year, we're forming a makeshift turf war team. We're just introducing ourselves."
@GBstep

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@VeryButter

The group let the question hang in the air for a whole because everyone seemed to take it a different way. Jame's pensive face suggested he was thinking of a legitimate course of action. Gina seemed content to let the question lay. Tlaloc...

"Well, seeing as we're all here," the inkling began, "we probably all like books or something. So why don't we copulate with them or something? Make a book master race. Or maybe we should beat each other to death arena style with the books? Dibs on War and Peace."

James shot him a glare, before saying "or maybe we could just, I don't know, read them and discuss them." He turned to Nyron and asked, "do you have any choice reads for us? A favorite book maybe? If we know it, we can discuss it, if we don't then you can summarize it for us and then we can discuss it and ask questions."

"That sounds boring but whatever, go ahead, that sounds like a solid plan, Nyron. Have at it."

---

@Aykorn

"Why does anyone get good at anything," Barb replied back, gathering up the cards and shuffling them up. "Necessity and desire. Mostly the former."

After she shuffled the cards again, her poker face never breaking, she asked, "why this club?"

((Two notes:

One: preface your post with a note indicating what club you're in... unless you're VeryButter in which case... I know. :p This helps us two GMs figure out which piece is ours.

Two: @Rustic you probably wanna poke @Right Whale and let her know that you're noting her. There's a lot to read and wouldn't blame anyone if they missed a conversation engagement.))

Last edited:

GBstep

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GBstep
Iro smiled from ear to ear. "Finally this lousy day is turning around!" he thought.

He only expected to do something physical to improve his stamina for the Turf. Getting to do some actual combat training was a much welcome bonus. He got to play Turf Wars at school! Iro pinched his arm a couple of times to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

"Hi! My name's Iro. I'm just starting out, so I don't really have a preferred weapon or role. I'd actually like to try out everything before settling on one. Please take care of me and I hope to get along with everyone here!" Iro exclaimed, still smiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom