• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy (OOC and Intro Thread)

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Chaos_Knight
Well...
Basically, it involves weapons, some tinkering, and the tech wing of Zapfish Academy, with a cherry topping of a grumpy coach.
I don't even know what's in it either.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
@Zerul
Sorry, I can't help it, my entire being is composed of rust. So you'd better tend to it regularly.
Anyway, unless I can't count, we got a fair amount of people here. So that's good. :)

magicxmc

Inkling
NNID
magicxmc
Thought I'd join since my friend suggested it...so here goes.

Name(s): Asuna Sakurai, nicknamed Blue after her favorite and most-worn color
Race: Inkling
Appearance: Tentacle-hair styled into a ponytail ( most often blue ), bright green eyes, tanned skin. Wears a cyan short sleeve hoodie, black shorts, and blue converses, as well as a dark blue beanie.
Relations: Gets along well with Lydia Mara during Turf Wars, has a younger sister named Kara
Personality: Friendly and fun-loving. Rarely takes anything seriously. Loves Turf Wars for the thrill of it. Also highly indecisive about mostly anything. Also gets anxious over the possibility of failing something quite often, and is often a little too desperate for friendship. Frequently gives into pressure easily.
Backstory: Asuna grew up in a more or less stress-free life, as the child of a skilled battler and an employee of a cell phone company, and had a little more money than the average Inkling her age. Most called her “Blue” when she was younger because she had a tendency to forget to tell others her name, and she decided to use the name instead of her own - more Inklings knew her by that name, anyway. When she turned 14, she decided to follow in her mother's footsteps and joined a game of Turf War...and in her first match, she failed horribly for her team. Granted, it was her first game, but she still remembers that utter failure as well as her teammates’ comments on it. She's unsure of her goals in the future, but she is interested in fashion design as well as tech development.

Last edited:

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
*super jumps into thread, and sticks the landing with a roll*
May I join in on this? It seems fun.

Name: Alpha
Gear: Jungle Hat, Black Anchor Tee, Pro Trail Boots
Weapons: Heavy Splatling Deco, Eliter 3k scope, Octobrush, Custom Dual Squelcher,
Family: Only child
Friends: Is an Agent for Cap'n Cuttlefish, and met Agents 1, 2 (who he knows are Callie and Marie respectively), Blue, and Orange, all 5 are great friends
Personality: Smart Alek when he gets a Knockout win in Ranked, gets extremely salty when he loses a rank
Hobbies: Doing covers of popular songs, Is the master at Squid Racer, holds the record for fastest time beating the game.
Background: Alpha grew up as an only child, but his original parents died when we was still a squishy. He doesn't remember anything about his original parents, as we was too young to remember anything that happened. He was adopted by close friends of his parents, and stayed with them for quite a while. He was bullied in school for not being like the other inklings, who only wanted to participate in Turf Wars, while he was focused in getting good grades. This caused his adoptive parents to decide to move to the suburbs of Inkopolis, where he was home-schooled. When he turned 14, however, his parents didn't let him to into downtown Inkopolis, for fear that he might get bullied even more. When he was 16, though, he was allowed to go to Inkopolis, and get his own apartment.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
alpha the only thing i see that would be brought into question would be the hero status thing. but thats up to @Rustic or @TACarbuncle to decide

Rustic

Inkling Commander
*super jumps into thread, and sticks the landing with a roll*
May I join in on this? It seems fun.

Name: Alpha
Gear: Jungle Hat, Black Anchor Tee, Pro Trail Boots
Weapons: Heavy Splatling Deco, Eliter 3k scope, Octobrush, Custom Dual Squelcher,
Family: Only child
Friends: Is an Agent for Cap'n Cuttlefish, and met Agents 1, 2 (who he knows are Callie and Marie respectively), Blue, and Orange, all 5 are great friends
Personality: Smart Aleck when he gets a Knockout win in Ranked, gets extremely salty when he loses a rank
Hobbies: Doing covers of popular songs, Is the master at Squid Racer, holds the record for fastest time beating the game.
Background: Alpha grew up as an only child, but his original parents died when we was still a squishy. He doesn't remember anything about his original parents, as we was too young to remember anything that happened. He was adopted by close friends of his parents, and stayed with them for quite a while. He was bullied in school for not being like the other inklings, who only wanted to participate in Turf Wars, while he was focused in getting good grades. This caused his adoptive parents to decide to move to the suburbs of Inkopolis, where he was home-schooled. When he turned 14, however, his parents didn't let him to into downtown Inkopolis, for fear that he might get bullied even more. When he was 16, though, he was allowed to go to Inkopolis, and get his own apartment.
Alrighty then...

Your overall character is somewhat passable, the background is alright with one exception which I will get to, and the personality is just a little barren. The thing looks alright, except, as Zerul mentioned, your character's Agent status isn't that good for acceptance. Sorry about that, but I think there are some pointers to your Alpha being the very same Alpha within your fanfiction, and I would much rather not have a character with such popularity/favour with a certain celebrity as the other GMs and I feel like it'll detract from the other RPers' experiences.

Another thing that has my attention. If your character was indeed homeschooled out of fear for bullies, then why the sudden leap to a more public less private education? If they were that scared to be taken in because of bullies, then why let him into it in the first place? Another thing that contradicts this quite a lot is "Smart Aleck when he gets a Knockout win in Ranked, gets extremely salty when he loses a rank," if he's so focused on getting good grades, then why does he give a damn about his rank? Seems backward to me.

To sum up my application response. Your character needs some changes and explanations. If they are your character in 'The Journey' then I request heavy changes on the Agent front. If they are someone different, then I request light changes, both of them involve Agents 1, 2 and Cuttlefish. More specifically Agent 1. I do not mind Blue and Orange for now.

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
Hey, sorry about all the silence, everyone. I had my net crap out for a while to the pint to where my browser couldn't load anything, then had a large storm take out all power for a couple of days.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Welcome back though. lets hope things dont get worse.

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
So....are you guys still accepting? I'd like to know if you are before I post my OC info in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom