• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy [OOC Thread: Changing Hands]

Should we move on to the next scene?

• Yes!

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Sorry, I meant to make the RP yesterday but some important stuff happened in my life, but now I'm here and going to be working on that! Hoo boy! Anyway, going to try to answer your questions, accept all those who I missed, and make the recruitment thread.

@VeryButter and @Right Whale I will use US standard years: freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, in that order. Students won't be graded on a letter grade basis, but on critique. I've known of that system for a while, but I didn't get to experience it myself. Still, I'll try to run the system of the school on that basis but honestly, for a while, this information shouldn't mean too much.

@lonelyrollingsquid Accepted! Bring that headstrong power to school!

@ThatSquidYouKnow Accepted! Wanted to see this squid kid in action and now I get to.

Alright, time to get this show on the road! :D

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Sorry, I meant to make the RP yesterday but some important stuff happened in my life, but now I'm here and going to be working on that! Hoo boy! Anyway, going to try to answer your questions, accept all those who I missed, and make the recruitment thread.

@VeryButter and @Right Whale I will use US standard years: freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, in that order. Students won't be graded on a letter grade basis, but on critique. I've known of that system for a while, but I didn't get to experience it myself. Still, I'll try to run the system of the school on that basis but honestly, for a while, this information shouldn't mean too much.

@lonelyrollingsquid Accepted! Bring that headstrong power to school!

@ThatSquidYouKnow Accepted! Wanted to see this squid kid in action and now I get to.

Alright, time to get this show on the road! :D
Hooray let's do this! :)

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Ahaha. The post is complete. Everyone, post at will! :D

I'll chime in with an NPC once in a while, but you all have free reign for a while. ;P

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
I won't be able to post for a bit until I get back on my laptop, typing something big on a virtual keyboard is impossible :P

Last edited:

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Alright, so this is now the OOC thread which means that posts that are just you, as Right Whale are posted here. To find the scenario you're currently in, look for the IC Thread. Or rather, I provided a link right there to follow. Work out a post around that. And don't worry and making a mistake, a lot of the people here are new and don't quite have the system down so yeahhh just don't be embarrassed. :D

So yeah, just look at the situation I've put you in and react accordingly. :)

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
@ReedRGale Can you make Pause a NPC later on? I could make a description of his personality for you.

lonelyrollingsquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Selfcat
@ReedRGale could you possibly not write with white text? I have this sites background colour set to white so I have to highlight your text to read it. Sorry to be a bother.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Ack, I was using the same orange as Rhin. Shoot. Yeah, I'll change that, though I don't think I'm doing the whole color-coded-words after this.

Also, @ReedRGale , add a simplified character bio to the OOC! ;D (mostly so I don't feel crazy when I'm like, there he is, my starchild, this awful nerd, about your character.

>.> Oh man, everyone's bugging Reed for stuff, I feel sorta bad now.

Last edited:

Hesoca

Full Squid
Ack, sorry for the delay in getting this up.

Name:
Barrett Echin
Race: Long-Spined Urchin
Personality: You know that guy who sits in the back of class playing on his phone, feet propped up on the top of some unused desk, with all these papers falling out of his backpack despite not having his homework to turn in at the end of the day? The one that constantly falls asleep and stutters gibberish whenever the teacher calls on him? Barrett… well, Barrett is that guy.

He’s a professional a slacking just enough to keep himself from failing all his classes and being unable to participate in any after-school activities, and constantly clashes with his teachers and peers over his general disinterest in schoolwork. Sure, he could apply himself, but doing so would cut into the time of all his other hobbies: Turf Wars, gaming, reading, and pounding out sick beats on his drums in the late hours of the evening, (much to the annoyance of his neighbors.)

That being said, he’s not a complete deadbeat. Though he won’t readily admit it, he loves stories, whether they take place during yesterday’s lecture or in another country two-thousand years ago. As such, he does well in any setting in which stories are a focus: history, literature, and of course, the school hallways, where he spends most of his time sharing what he's heard with everyone who happens to be willing to listen. Though not necessarily a gossip, he does tend to embellish; if an urban legend starts circulating its way around the school, chances are Barrett is the one who started it.

(Optional) Backstory: It’s no secret that Barrett comes from a house without much money to spare. His parents moved into the city when he was young, taking with them four children (including himself) to feed and care for. Though food was always on the table (even if it wasn’t a whole lot), it came at the cost of many comforts: toys, living space… working ventilation, even. What Barrett had, he often shared with one or more of his siblings, a dynamic that both promoted fellowship and made Barrett crave for his own independence.

Since his parents worked long hours, Barrett wandered about without much supervision, mentored instead by his older brother, Devin. A troublemaker with many ties to the shadier sides of the cities, he constantly dragged Barrett into his schemes, often using him as a distraction during petty crimes. Naturally, Barrett followed his brother’s actions, becoming a menace to the school authority in his early years. Though Barrett eventually cleaned up most of his act, his brother never quite learned his lesson, and the reputation that the two developed over the years still occasionally comes back to haunt them.

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
Now I feel like the only one that doesn't wanna go for this. Is it weird that I actually don't want to do an RP that's more casual?

Robikku Squid

Just a squid havin' some fun! :3
NNID
RobikkuScratch
This opening part is more casual so we can get a feel, I imagine...it'll open up to stuff later.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Letsee, so handling this all in order...

@ThatSquidYouKnow Sure, I'll see what I can do. PM me; we'll talk about that more in detail.

@lonelyrollingsquid Got it! I'll post in this deep aqua, how does that sound?

@Aykorn Sure, when I get somet time, probably after this week, I'll post up bios of PCs and NPCs in the first post so that they are easily compiled all together for easy reading, character status, the works. ...but remind me, finals week is turning out more hectic than I thought.

@Hesoca Accepted; I'll let you know when the scene moves on so you can participate. I'll just assume you're skipping class right now. :p

Sorry--intended to post this yesterday, but internet fizzled out.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@ThatSquidYouKnow KtK is right, it's whatever you think you should do--also, you might want to be aware that you are no longer in the same time as everyone else...that two truths and a lie question had already been answered. :p

EDIT: Guess I should finish reading too. ;) But I don't mind you deleting posts if you made a mistake and notice it later.

@Cuddlefish Yeah, I personally prefer RPs with a goal and a storyline, but these kinds of RPs are great for character development, interaction, and getting to know new people.

@Robikku Squid I might introduce subplots and stuff later, but I mostly expect that the interesting things that happen in this RP will be up to you all. But if you wanna, I dunno, try to burn down the school, I won't shut you down. Feel free to do whatever pleases or amuses you. I'll play along. The people that make a sandbox RP interesting are the people and what they bring to the table which can be freeing for some and stifling for others. I personally just find it interesting to watch everyone interact and chime in once in a while..

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
@Robikku Squid, @ReedRGale Shut-up! Shut-up! Shut-up! I don't wanna do it! I haaaaaaate school!

Nnnnnnn... I equally hate feeling left out though, to the point of joining an RP I don't actually want to take part in. Someone take that last slot so I can stop yelling at myself in my head.

I'm crazy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom