Zapfish Academy: Trip to Octo Valley! ( IC Thread)

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"I never thought you'd be a fellow gamer Illex." Lucas commented on Coerulus's fathers comment on RPG's and tabletop games.
@Coerulus
Turning to Zawlt the little sky blue Inkling boy asks, "Hey Zawlt, where were you earlier? I didn't see you in your bed."
@Zawlt

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul stayed quiet. he knew nothing of these games Viola was talking about.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
"Oh, nowhere special," he said bluntly, "I was just in the Laundry Room getting my hoodie washed, and well decided to just wait there until it was done," he explained to Lucas. He didn't feel it necessary to bring up his past visit to Octo Valley seven years ago, or at least not yet anyway. Around this time, Xexe entered the lobby area and saw the small group of Inklings along with other octolings with them. All she remembered about Zawlt was that he was an Inkling as well as his name. In her mind all Inklings looked alike so she couldn't peg exactly who Zawlt was between him, Lucas, and Coerulus.

@MacSmitty

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
"While not the highest on my past times, I don't mind a game or two outside my traditionals to play, especially when you have a mate like mine." he replied as he looked over to Lucas. "Yeah~ Papa is teaching me games he played when he was younger like shogi and hanafuda." Coerulus piped up happily. "And soon enough you'll get the hang of both of those along with mahjong. We'll start picking those back up once we're back home." Illex said with a soft chuckle before glancing back to Viola. "But yes, when you have the free time, feel free to make a list and hand it to me of some of your favorites to look in to. I would be happy to learn them. And it's a pleasure to meet you, Zawlt." @TACarbuncle @MacSmitty @Zawlt

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Will do!" Viola said, already mentally listing some of the rpgs she liked to play.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Oh OK." Lucas says shrugging his shoulders. "And here I thought it was that you were too embarrassed after Zerul did to you." He joked, letting out a small laugh, oblivious to the new Octoling entering the lobby. @Zawlt

"
Shogi... Hanafuda... Mahjong... Sounds like a certain... traditional game or something..." Lucas states at Coerulus and Illex's comment. @Coerulus

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
"It is. They're not games common here but more of those you see from further away from Inkopolis. All of them are heavily focused on strategy." Illex explained with a nod. "If I had thought about it, I would've brought one of them along if anyone wanted to learn." he added. @MacSmitty

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"Sounds tricky... I'll keep that in mind." Lucas says, hands on his chin. It was then at that point that he spotted Xexe, looking in his, Zawlts, Illex's, and Coerulus's general direction.
"
Say... do any of you know why that Octoling girl is looking at us?" Lucas says looking at his companions.
@Zawlt @Coerulus

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul was listening to the conversation but when he mentioned Octoling girl he was on edge unsure who he ment and looks at at the girl he was talking about.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
"Hmm?" he hummed at Lucas' question as if he was in his own little world. He turned his head to where said Octoling girl was. She then seemed a bit nervous now that EVERYONE was looking at her. Despite her nervousness she had a nice idea to pinpoint which one was Zawlt. She took out her phone and pressed a single button and waited. When she did that Zawlt's phone started going off in his pocket. Zawlt didn't even bother to reach for the phone because he knew of only one person in Octo Valley with his phone number, "Xexe?" he asked standing up. After hearing Zawlt say her name she quickly hung up her phone, put it away, and charged right for him, "GUNOY!" she screamed going in for a full body tackle. She moved so quickly that he didn't have time to react and found himself on the ground with Xexe rubbing her face to his, "Xexe! Come on, this is so embarrassing," he said, "No way, it's been FAR TOO LONG," she said still hugging him. Zawlt was turning red from all of the attention, "Tch, hrrrrgh!" he grunted as he pushed himself off the ground, but Xexe was still clinging onto him, giggling.

@MacSmitty @Coerulus @Zerul @TACarbuncle

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
The sudden scream of Zawlt's actual name made him jump a little before watching as the other squid was tackled down by a very enthusiastic octoling girl. Illex chuckled just a little as he watched before kneeling down beside the two. "While quite a sight to see, miss, I'm sure Zawlt would like to get up and also we wouldn't want to have our guide get her wits in a bunch with you as a surprise guest." he spoke warmly before standing once more. "Zawlt, I never would've guessed you knew someone from Octo Valley. A friend of yours?" Coerulus spoke with the slightest tilt of his head. @Zawlt

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas, not wanting to miss an opportunity to milk the humor of the scene happening in front him, began to speak.
"Here we have to childhood friends," he began, sounding like an anime narrator. "After spending so many years apart from each other, will their relationship bloom?" He finished with a dead serious look before chortling.
@Zawlt

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola's hair turned white for a moment as Zawlt's name was shouted. "Whoa....Didn't expect that...." She said as she calmed herself down. She walked over to see who the Octoling was, looking her over. "Hmm...."

Rustic

Inkling Commander
(( Well, this has gone on long enough. The conversation appears to have died down--Oh, would you look at that. More conversation material. ))

Aria shot up from her lazy slouch in her seat, alert. She looked around, scanning for the person who shouted out. Eventually, after spotting Zawlt being pounced on by an Octoling girl, she stood up and walked over. "Well, well, well. Two really good friends? Or something more?" Aria smirked, standing over them.

@Zawlt

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
(I got swamped with schoolwork over the past week or so, sorry for not doing anything for 1000 years(or so it feels like it)!)

Neri woke up, assuming that she had gotten up the latest. She changed into a fresh set of clothes before packing her things and making her way downstairs. Noticing the group of inklings/octolings in a conversation, she walked over and leaned against one of the walls, setting her bag down before taking her iSquid out of her jacket pocket and beginning to play a game on it. She never was one for conversation, anyways.

Zawlt

Full Squid
NNID
Gunoy6
He started feeling more embarassed when Lucas and even their guide started making cracks at them thinking they were a couple. Next thing he heard was Xexe letting out a happy sigh while letting him go, "Ahh, there we go," she said standing up and then offering Zawlt a hand up, "sorry about that, Gunoy, but I needed to get that out of my system, you understand." After saying that Zawlt took her hand and stood up, brushing himself off. He then looked at everyone else for a moment listening to their questions. "Welp, figured you guys would find out sooner or later, so I guess I could tell ya now," he said before clearing his throat, "so long story short, I've actually been in Octo Valley before, but that was seven years ago," he explained, "some things changed, but I still recognized a few landmarks and buildings including this place." After that explanation he turned to Xexe and then knew he should introduce her to them all, "This is the first octoling friend I've made, sorry Zerul, but you were second," he said in a half joking matter, "and she's-" he was suddenly cut off by Xexe putting her hand over his mouth, "let me tell them, Gunoy," she said. He just nodded and decided to be quiet so she could introduce herself, "Hello everyone, my name is Xenevivia Solando," she said, "Gunoy here thought of my nickname Xexe, so you can all just call me that too," she finished smiling at them all. When she was done Zawlt walked forward with a serious look on his face, "Also, let me just get this out of the way," he said, "for anyone here thinking we're actually a thing, get it out of your heads," he said while turning his head to Lucas, 'that's what you're thinking, Lucas."

@Coerulus @TACarbuncle @Zerul @MacSmitty @Rustic

(Guess where I got the name Xenevivia from and you get a cookie.)

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola waved to the new encounter, her hair still regaining it's normal coloring slowly. "Well, I'm glad you have a nickname. That would be hard to remember, honestly. I'm Viola Hoylei." She said, holding her hand out to shake Xexe's.

@Zawlt.=

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
"I was just joking Zawlt. No need to get all bent out of shape." Lucas says, eyes closed while shrugging. "...However, I feel satisfied knowing that I got to you. In a joking matter of course." He finished while opening his right eye with a smug expression.

Turning to Zawlts Octoling friend Lucas points at himself, giving an introduction. "
As your friend just said, my name is Lucas. Lucas Brooklyn. A pranker and a voice actor that you and your potential children might listen to in the future. Nice to meet you."

The sky blue boy then takes out a pair of earbuds, and while hooking them up to his phone waves at Neri, begans to listen to "What's up people?!" by Maximum the Hormone, with slight headbanging and slightly singing the lyrics.

@Zawlt @ayyumeme

Last edited:

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
"Quite. It's nice to meet you, Xexe. I'm Illex Feathertail and this is my sweet little son, Coerulus." he greeted as he patted Coerulus' head and he smiled softly, waving to the octoling girl. @Zawlt

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
Neri briefly looked up from her game, being able to notice Lucas waving at her. She gave him a small smile and waved back before returning to the game.
@MacSmitty

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom