Ace Attorney social thread

Toadamos

Inkling
Just gonna add one more piece of art from the Developer's Art section of the Artbook and say I would fund this if this were a thing:
And yes, I would buy both copies.

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
...Ugh, no, stop this crap.
Nintendo started it with Pokémon, Capcom continued it with Mega Man Battle Network.
Now Nintendo is charging ahead with Fire Emblem, so Capcom better not counter with Ace Attorney.

Do the Zelda: Oracle games count?

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
I never played Oracle of Ages/Seasons, so I can't offer any light on if it counts. I.....guess??
Hey, they're available on the Nintendo 3DS eShop, and I totally recommend them.

Basically, Capcom co-developed it with Nintendo, so it's a MERGING thing!

They use the same engine but are different adventures set in different locations/environments. They "link" to one another.

papaya

Inkster Jr.
Oh yay, an Ace Attorney thread! Very glad to see so many fans around here.
Wait, so drinking wine is legal now in court all of a sudden?
But what if- ah, who am I kidding. If we can get coffee, we can get wine.
Nah, it's obviously grape juice. :p

PrinceOfKoopas

Inkling Commander
NNID
PrinceOfKoopas
So I have the Splatoon purple 3DS theme and it's all awesome 'cause it's purple and my 3DS is Midnight Purple and stuff.

...I really wanna support Ace Attorney, yeah, but PURPLE.

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Final case of JFA is my favorite. I was up all night having to play it until it was finally done. Was worth it having a sleepless night.

Second favorite is the DLC case of Dual Destinies. It's like a remake of Turnabout Big Top (2-3, the circus case) that was done so much better such as taking advantage of its unique setting in the aquarium unlike the circus setting. I mean the circus case could have been more unique such as having the tiger be the murder weapon and eat the victim. Another blunt force trauma case, really?

Toadamos

Inkling
Y'know, I've actually wanted to say this for awhile.

Turnabout Big Top is in no way one of my favorite cases. However, I feel like it gets waaaay more hate than it deserves.
For one, I liked the unique setting of it. A circus that's full of whackos? PERFECT! Just what's perfect for AA! However, the execution of it.... wasn't all that great.
Like the poster above me stated, we could've had a unique death that isn't The First Turnabout but with a bust. C'mon, Capcom, this song and dance was done before!
Also, everyone was a pain in the *** to deal with. I get Regina was sheltered almost her whole life but MY GOD, HOW CAN YOU BE THIS MUCH OF AN AIRHEAD?! I partly don't blame Acro for wanting to kill her.
While Moe is genuinely a caring father (did I remember that right? Been awhile since I last played JFA) and has that Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reference, his jokes were pissing me off and don't even get me started on cross-examining him. Also, Ben and Trilo. I love the pun, but while it was Trilo who proposed to Regina, BEN WAS THE ONE WHO CONTROLLED TRILO. AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO'S BIT CREEPED OUT BY THAT?!
Also, I really didn't feel sympathy for Max. Never cared for him, never will.
Despite my issues with Big Top, the case is q GOLD MINE for quotes. And the double penalty from the Judge if you say the bust is under his chair is one of Udgey's best moments. GG, Your Honor.

Now, if we were to talk about The Kidnapped Turnabout, however.... *eye twitches*.

Also, WHERE THE HELL IS DUAL DESTINIES ARTBOOK, CAPCOM!? IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE A MONTH AGO! NOW IT'S DELAYED ALL OF A SUDDEN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom