• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Animal Crossing Social Thread

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
On a more related note, I remade one of my 3 towns (Two of my cartridges were hand me downs, not gonna lie- the person that originally owned them didn't give a damn about any of it though and just timetravelled the towns to hell). I mean, I kept one of the towns because it had Gracie in it and I didn't want to scrap that- I just made the mayor into more of an oc since it used one of the original owner's... variety of names- though it's a common name so I'm pretty sure it'd be fine. On another note, my remade save has a lot of villagers I enjoy- and I genuinely enjoy my mayor's name and appearance so I don't think I have to worry about changing it any time soon.

I managed to get the Egg Set too! Albeit I used my powersaves for it... but I don't mind so much in a life sim. It's not like I can cheat villagers out of moving...
kinda? I mean i have backups if that counts... It allows me to kinda move them potentially to my other cartridge or my downloaded copy. Neat.

The downloaded copy was the only one that was mine, per say, but I think the mayor just used an old nickname that the person I got the other two cartridges from kinda tainted for me. Not very fun. Either way, I'm a lot more satisfied with the new town which is good. I also found out I can cheat items I can't get easy into my game too- japanese only items / korean only items / etc... it's pretty darn neat to see what they got and use it in my setup.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Oh my.Sounds like a lot of work to manage three towns.

The Egg Set is the Easter one, right? With the creepy Easter Bunny? I only kept the egg-shaped lamp and sold the rest.

Mind sharing how you're getting the region only items. I missed out on those because Nintendo Zones near me only exist at McDonald's (which I don't go to) and Home Depot or Lowe's for a brief spell (which are out of the way).

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Yeah, the Egg set didn't really grab me either. I feel like some of the sets aren't as covetable as the ones in WW were. Too bad the Pave one is good...rigid self control was the only thing preventing me from tossing the 3DS across the room when I had to deal with that annoying pea****. Pave irritates me for reasons I can't really put a finger on :mad:

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Mind sharing how you're getting the region only items. I missed out on those because Nintendo Zones near me only exist at McDonald's (which I don't go to) and Home Depot or Lowe's for a brief spell (which are out of the way).
I have powersaves, so I am able to add any item that exists in game to my inventory.
It's cheating though and not everyone may appreciate it s:

Too bad the Pave one is good
We have like... complete opposite mindsets here.
I think the egg set is adorable. The Pave set just looks like your throwing dinner cloths on everything and isn't really appealing to me.

Oh my.Sounds like a lot of work to manage three towns.
It's still fun and I actually streetpass myself alot since I own two 3DSes : P

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
We have like... complete opposite mindsets here.
I think the egg set is adorable. The Pave set just looks like your throwing dinner cloths on everything and isn't really appealing to me.
Well hey, this problem has its own perfect solution...more Pave for me, more Eggs for you! XD

G

girigiriHERO

Sloppy Set is by far my favourite of them all. Got it all through a trade online with another player who was, more likely than not, duping items, but as long as you share the wealth I see no issues. I got the entire Pascal set in a day and duped it to give to other players as well. Love Pascal.

Meta Knightmare

Full Squid
NNID
spacephage
Sloppy is a fun set, I cant stand the sink though and the carpet is boring to me
i think my favourite would be the card set (even if i pair my own custom wallpaper and carpet with it)

Ansible

Community Ambassador
As was announced in August or September, this coming November 2nd there'll be an Animal Crossing miniDirect. This may not only mean details about the New Leaf update and upcoming mobile game... but one could speculate an Animal Crossing Switch... maybe?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Bit early in the system's life for an Animal Crossing title, isn't it? Historically those have always waited a bit. The Direct is probably about New Leaf, which seems like it's receiving a major second wind.

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
Yeah, I recall there was something going around about Splatoon stuff being available via the amiibos?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Early? Yes, but with the Switch unveiled one can dream.

But yeah, the update allows for amiibo support to give you new residents with the Squid Sister amiibos become the Squirrel Sisters.

Personally, I'm curious to hear more about this rumored Animal Crossing for mobile.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Yeaaaaaaaaah no. We're unlikely to see Super Mario Run elsewhere either. Mobile stuff like that tends to stay mobile, unfortunately.

And I apologize for unintentionally being Debbie Downer here :P

Ansible

Community Ambassador

Oh bother! Why must my Novembers always be so unlucky?

Welp! They better not screw up on the New Leaf update or I riot, and not even Isabelle will be able to keep me in check.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I'm really curious as to what the update is going to add specifically for the splatoon stuff. I guess we'll find out when it's out.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Hey everyone! The update for ACNL is now live, and the Splatoon stuff is in! I recently remade my town so my new save is nothing too extravigant, but...

There's a lot more than this, I just was posting a bit of stuff.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Awwww~ yeah~ Animal Crossing New Leaf hype—LET"S GO!!

*laughing at myself wa~ay too hard*

Looking the announcement over and will give it a go this weekend if I can.
(Grrr... Dirty damn hippies and landless RVers bringing down my property value... Not in my town!) ;-p

Shame it's just New Leaf stuff only, but I that they're implementing touch capability from Happy Home Designer. Though sadly not the ability to tweak your skintone. Nice that not only do you get new villagers, but also new items and minigames too.

Wow, quite a bit they put into just one update for a game that's like... four years old?

How much space does the RV park take up? Can you carry over any items if you sell your old town?

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Shame it's just New Leaf stuff only, but I that they're implementing touch capability from Happy Home Designer. Though sadly not the ability to tweak your skintone.
Yeah, the ability to move furniture with touch is implimented in after you get the secret storage space when you link HHD with your ACNL. I wish the skintone thing was there, but I guess maybe that's reserved for the next actual game they make, if they do make another AC game on the Switch. They might, to be fair.

How much space does the RV park take up? Can you carry over any items if you sell your old town?
It's actually it's own side area! It doesn't take up any space of your main town. Also, you can't carry over items if you sell your old town, you're starting fresh but with some money to spend right off the bat. I kinda hoped that the mayor looks and such would carry over because it's just like they're moving to be a mayor in a new town, but it didn't. I feel a bit bad about that.

Curiously, does anyone know if the invited villagers (special like the callie and marie ones are permanent or can't move out? I don't want them moving out suddenly and then me having to reinvite them or cycle villagers so i can again if that's still a thing.

On an entirely different note, Wonder how long until max meow coupon powersaves cheat gets here lol....

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
So I found me a Wisp and immediately scanned Mariebo. The results amused me no end :D

20161104_063401.jpg

SPLOON CAMPER. LOOK AT IT. (That's Joan behind it in her camper)
20161104_063430.jpg

The squirrel in the Marie getup is behind the Splatfest board, but from her/her camper you can get:
Marie Wig
Marie Dress
Marie Tights
Marie Shoes
a shirt with Marie's dress design on it
Splatfest Board (two items, left side and right side)
Splatoon Wallpaper
Splatoon Carpet
Splatoon Chair
Splatoon Table

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom