• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anime General Discussion Thread: [Squid Girl Reference]

ChainALM

Senior Squid
NNID
ChainALM
.hack//SIGN is a series I'm forever at war with. One one hand, I love it and it does so much so right with Bear, BT, Mia, Silver Knight and Tsubaru.
On the other, it's got such a slow start and almost too melancholic that I just want to strangle Tsukasa myself and put him out of his misery. Not even Shinji Ikari made me feel like that, lol

As for Psycho-Pass, yeah, but I think I've just gotten so used to characters being handed the Idiot Ball so the plot can develop that it doesn't really irk me.

Fakevox

Senior Squid
Yeah, I've only ever seen a small amount of .hack//Sign, but even I know it moves at a glacial pace. It did seem to have potential, though, which is more than I can say for what I've seen of Sword Art Online. Basically, SAO struck me as .hack with no redeeming value. I'm going to assume I'm probably right.

I'm always right.

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
Clannad and Clannad After Story will always be the best anime of all time! <3

Last edited:

Lefty

Nice la~
http://myanimelist.net/profile/myDarling

Just finished Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, I don't know how I went so long without watching it. There was so many messages in the story, you can tell it was carefully written for perfection. Probably in my top 3 for best animes I've watched now.

Jellykun

Senior Squid
NNID
Jellykun
Anime discussion huh..

Anyone watching Nisekoi S2?
Spoilers below, don't open if you plan on watching.
Ep 3 and 4 were amazlingly great, I wonder if Chitoge's mom will call her instead of waiting for next time, about the pendant that is, besides that, I just hope Chitoge is the girl from the pendant in the end.

RacattackForce

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RacattackForce
Can't really get into any of the anime that's airing this season. So in lieu of everything airing at the moment, I'm just watching Serial Experiment Lain. In present day. Present time.

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
Anyone watched/watching Death Parade and/or Plastic Memories?
Those are loaded with feels.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
Best show this season has to be Ninja Slayer of course.
YEAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRT.

I haven't been able to nudge in the time to watch anime as of late. I'm barely able to keep up with JoJo pt3, but it doesn't matter much considering I already read through JoJo since the late 2000s.

IrisZ

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
What do people think of Mirai Nikki (AKA Future Diary)?

I honestly have it as one of my top two animes lol

SilverEra

Inkling Cadet
Saw Kill la Kill for the first time last night on adult swim. It wasn't too bad, things were kinda weird at most parts.
That scene where an entire army dressed as football players and (correct me if i'm wrong) another wore armors made of meat. wtf lol

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
What do people think of Mirai Nikki (AKA Future Diary)?

I honestly have it as one of my top two animes lol
Watched it at the beginning of this year. Very interesting series.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
http://myanimelist.net/profile/myDarling

Just finished Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, I don't know how I went so long without watching it. There was so many messages in the story, you can tell it was carefully written for perfection. Probably in my top 3 for best animes I've watched now.
It's a great show, really entertaining in every way. It's not just a typical shounen, there's a whole lot of depth to it and it's somewhat beautiful. I love the music, characters, story, you name it. All of it works so well together and is definitely one of my top shows.

DakiHero

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DakiHero
Saw Kill la Kill for the first time last night on adult swim. It wasn't too bad, things were kinda weird at most parts.
That scene where an entire army dressed as football players and (correct me if i'm wrong) another wore armors made of meat. wtf lol
Its one of those shows you can just whack on and not pay a wholeot of attention to and enjoy, I exclusively watched it all two episodes at a time before bed.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Why are People hyped about Digimon? Im sure it won't be that awesome

continuityOfficer

Inkster Jr.
Best anime?

or

or maybe

There are some things I could say about Mirai Nikki, but then I'd have to think about Mirai Nikki.
Yeah, i mean
you can get away with some plot holes with time travel, and i guess you can excuse the weird thinsg caharcters did as character traits... but... 6th NEVER DIED, they shoudnt have won... also, why is yuki so strong, its never explained, sure you could say its because she did it before, but apparentally the exact same thing happened last time... etc
I dont think im enjoying PM very much, much too predictable for a story thats hinging on emotional turnabout.
Death Parade is the **** though

Last edited:

Jellykun

Senior Squid
NNID
Jellykun
But ofcourse, I watched the first 2 episodes of Plastic Memories and I finished Death Parade, Death Parade had a ton of feels in it, but the anime was amazing honestly.

And if I'm hyped about anything, I dunno, probably the new Dragon Ball stuffles coming out soon. ~

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom