• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Anime General Discussion Thread: [Squid Girl Reference]

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
I dont think im enjoying PM very much, much too predictable for a story tahst hinging on emotional turnabout.
Death Parade is the **** though
So you'd think but PM left on a cliffhanger that may have fast forwarded said prediction.

Jellykun

Senior Squid
NNID
Jellykun
And as far as favorite animes are concerned.. a few tops from me:

-Nisekoi
-Hajime No Ippo
-SKET Dance

Those animes.. are really great..
Yeah, I'm quite random, combination of humor and romance.. 8)

continuityOfficer

Inkster Jr.
So you'd think but PM left on a cliffhanger that may have fast forwarded said prediction.
fast forwarding doesnt make them not happen. we already know how its going to end, and shes going to die, and at best the other theory about the company purposefully making them die early is true adding maybe another layer.

In many ways, the emotional parts are OK atleast though, and given the lazy archetypical characters with nothing much past general anime archetype, it might have worked better as an episodic series with focus on lots of different people (like death parade), but then again those people are awfully archetypical aswell, and it would get even more predictable...

the "comedy scenes" are boring and hard to watch... because the characters arent interesting. Everything is being built directly to try and force you to like the characters, to make you "connect with them", but they have no personality that doesnt work towards that. And I find that both exceptionally boring and from a critical stand point just bad.

I do think I may have enjoyed it better before I both watched more anime or started doing a lot of anime reviewing though, so dont take it to heart.
And as far as favorite animes are concerned.. a few tops from me:

-Nisekoi
-Hajime No Ippo
-SKET Dance

Those animes.. are really great..
Yeah, I'm quite random, combination of humor and romance.. 8)
You might like Toradora or Golden Time

Last edited:

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
fast forwarding doesnt make them not happen. we already know how its going to end, and shes going to die, and at best the other theory about the company purposefully making them die early is true adding maybe another layer.

In many ways, the emotional parts are OK atleast though, and given the lazy archetypical characters with nothing much past general anime archetype, it might have worked better as an episodic series with focus on lots of different people (like death parade), but then again those people are awfully archetypical aswell, and it would get even more predictable...

the "comedy scenes" are boring and hard to watch... because the characters arent interesting. Everything is being built directly to try and force you to like the characters, to make you "connect with them", but they have no personality that doesnt work towards that. And I find that both exceptionally boring and from a critical stand point just bad.

I do think I may have enjoyed it better before I both watched more anime or started doing a lot of anime reviewing though, so dont take it to heart.
No offense taken. If anything maybe you could point out some anime that's very well worth watching and I may tell you if I've seen it or not.
Thing about me is I'm very easily entertained lol.

continuityOfficer

Inkster Jr.
No offense taken. If anything maybe you could point out some anime that's very well worth watching and I may tell you if I've seen it or not.
Thing about me is I'm very easily entertained lol.
Depending on what you like from PM
If you like the world and wish it was better expanded on - Psycho Pass
If you like the saddness it brings - Bokurano or maybe Parasyte -the maxim-
If you like the romance - either My Teeage Romcom SNAFU, Your Lie in April or Hyouka

check their mal pages and read their synopsises first and see if you like them.

Jellykun

Senior Squid
NNID
Jellykun
Another good anime I've watched is Btooom!
It was quite good I guess, but kinda short.. I guess I like 2-3 season animes more.

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
Depending on what you like from PM
If you like the world and wish it was better expanded on - Psycho Pass
If you like the saddness it brings - Bokurano or maybe Parasyte -the maxim-
If you like the romance - either My Teeage Romcom SNAFU, Your Lie in April or Hyouka

check their mal pages and read their synopsises first and see if you like them.
Watched all of the above until you said romance. Tbh the only romance I got into was Toradora. It was also the only slice of sandwich anime I got into.

Copilot

Senior Squid
NNID
CosmicCondor
Death Parade was awesome but i didn't like the Ending.
I agree. The games were freaking amazing (especially the last one), but the story felt a little sloppy, especially near the end.

Tooradora is also amaze-balls for romance, as well as Clannad if you'll throw that into the romance mix.

Jellykun

Senior Squid
NNID
Jellykun
I need to find something new or fun, the type of animes I like is Hajime No Ippo, SKET Dance, Nisekoi, etc, basically romance and humor animes, anyone any idea?

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
The only anime that I have watched completely was Kill la Kill. It was a pretty intense anime. Little too much fan service though. You learn to not realize that it's there after a while.

I have watched some of Sword Art Online, but I don't really feel like finishing it.

Jellykun

Senior Squid
NNID
Jellykun
The only anime that I have watched completely was Kill la Kill. It was a pretty intense anime. Little too much fan service though. You learn to not realize that it's there after a while.

I have watched some of Sword Art Online, but I don't really feel like finishing it.
You should at least finish SAO season one friendo.. :C I'll force you to watch it with me.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
you should definitely watch Gurren Lagann then, it's the same style as KLK but even more intense with less fanservice

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
you should definitely watch Gurren Lagann then, it's the same style as KLK but even more intense with less fanservice
I will definitely look at that. Thanks for the recommendation!

Hope

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Agrexis

Yeah I thought the second arc of SAO season 1 was a lot worse than the first arc. I kept watching expecting it to get better though. (cry)

My favorite anime is definitely Angel Beats, the feels were so real at the end.

continuityOfficer

Inkster Jr.
Watched all of the above until you said romance. Tbh the only romance I got into was Toradora. It was also the only slice of sandwich anime I got into.
Its always great to see someone who has seen Bokurano.
I suggest reading the manga, the anime starts butchering the entire thing about half way through

Also, SOA discussion?

Lefty

Nice la~
Its always great to see someone who has seen Bokurano.
I suggest reading the manga, the anime starts butchering the entire thing about half way through

Also, SOA discussion?
Stopped after the second season. First season was alright, couldve been really good though. Don't know why they couldnt go into detail, it was just one event after another, one episode he was lv37 or whatever, the next he was 75. The world wouldve been pretty cool to see. Haven't watched the new SAO, any good? I know it's about shooters, but das it B).

Endymion

Pro Squid
NNID
Endymion0
Stopped after the second season. First season was alright, couldve been really good though. Don't know why they couldnt go into detail, it was just one event after another, one episode he was lv37 or whatever, the next he was 75. The world wouldve been pretty cool to see. Haven't watched the new SAO, any good? I know it's about shooters, but das it B).
I'd say its an improvement from its previous season. The antagonist was kinda cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom