Any Christian fans/players out there?

DinkyDine

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Okay well that goes back to should we be allowed to play something like splatoon? Because it was made by secular people
Splatoon isn't attempting to pervert the word of God lol

DinkyDine

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Im not saying you shouldn't listen to them because they're secular, I'm saying you shouldn't listen to them because they're false prophets who've perverted the word of God.

DinkyDine

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Okay, so if I'm getting it right. It's wrong because it's intentionally perverting the word of God. Secular things like games, music, etc are okay because they aren't attempting to teach scripture. Is that correct?
Depends on what secular games and music. For example, I wouldn't play Mortal Kombat because it's got senseless gore and violence. I wouldn't listen to rap either because it's got filthy lyrics promoting filthy lifestyles.

9DB

Inkling Cadet
Depends on what secular games and music. For example, I wouldn't play Mortal Kombat because it's got senseless gore and violence. I wouldn't listen to rap either because it's got filthy lyrics promoting filthy lifestyles.
Okay. 2 things.

1: that's kinda an overgeneralization of rap. I don't listen to it but I know that Christian rap exists.

2: ruling out an entire genre based on a few artists is kinda overreacting

I for example listen to a lot of rock music. I know there are some bad artists but I don't listen to them

DinkyDine

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Okay. 2 things.

1: that's kinda an overgeneralization of rap. I don't listen to it but I know that Christian rap exists.

2: ruling out an entire genre based on a few artists is kinda overreacting

I for example listen to a lot of rock music. I know there are some bad artists but I don't listen to them
Im saying it generally because thats literally what most rap artists or most big rap artists are like

Reactions: 9DB

DinkyDine

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
You're not going to find lil (insert name here) rapping about living a modest and humble life
Fair enough
I hate rap but if there was an artist who would make music about living a modest, humble and righteous life I wouldn't oppose that

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
Guys, this is reminding me of how the Jews and the Gentiles argued over food sacrifice. The Jews would rebuke their Gentile Christians for eating such foods because they have been offered to idols. The Gentiles, on the other hand, argue that since idols are not real it really shouldn't matter. Of course, this isn't a food issue but what I think Paul talks about applies here:

1 Corinthians 8:7-13
But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak. For if someone with a weak conscience sees you, with all your knowledge, eating in an idol’s temple, won’t that person be emboldened to eat what is sacrificed to idols? So this weak brother or sister, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. When you sin against them in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall.

Replace food and eating with things like gaming, secular music, etc. Remember we all have different upbringings. Some of us didn't grow up in the church and some have been going to church all their lives. Ask the Spirit for discernment about these things. It isn't what goes inside us that defiles us but what comes out. If what you do causes some unbiblical behavior and viewpoints, then it'd be wise to stop. In regards to Christian music from questionable sources, you should exercise caution and do hear out people who have a thing or two to say. Of course the same should go for any and everything we consume, but also consider if what we consume is causing others to stumble.

DinkyDine

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Guys, this is reminding me of how the Jews and the Gentiles argued over food sacrifice. The Jews would rebuke their Gentile Christians for eating such foods because they have been offered to idols. The Gentiles, on the other hand, argue that since idols are not real it really shouldn't matter. Of course, this isn't a food issue but what I think Paul talks about applies here:

1 Corinthians 8:7-13
But not everyone possesses this knowledge. Some people are still so accustomed to idols that when they eat sacrificial food they think of it as having been sacrificed to a god, and since their conscience is weak, it is defiled. But food does not bring us near to God; we are no worse if we do not eat, and no better if we do.

Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak. For if someone with a weak conscience sees you, with all your knowledge, eating in an idol’s temple, won’t that person be emboldened to eat what is sacrificed to idols? So this weak brother or sister, for whom Christ died, is destroyed by your knowledge. When you sin against them in this way and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. Therefore, if what I eat causes my brother or sister to fall into sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I will not cause them to fall.

Replace food and eating with things like gaming, secular music, etc. Remember we all have different upbringings. Some of us didn't grow up in the church and some have been going to church all their lives. Ask the Spirit for discernment about these things. It isn't what goes inside us that defiles us but what comes out. If what you do causes some unbiblical behavior and viewpoints, then it'd be wise to stop. In regards to Christian music from questionable sources, you should exercise caution and do hear out people who have a thing or two to say. Of course the same should go for any and everything we consume, but also consider if what we consume is causing others to stumble.
Amen

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
So on another note, apparently this is a hi-five emoji and not a praying emoji. I feel lied to

🙏
who high fives someone's left hand with their right hand that's just weird

Tam_4

Inkster Jr.
I'm just curious, since I don't really know how many Splatoon fans out there are Christians, and I kind of want to feel included and not alone in a community like that. If you're not a Christian, do you have any Christian friends/family or anything? Do you know another user on here who is? I hate to sound desperate, but I'd like someone to talk to who shares my faith, even if it's not in the exact same way! Thank you and God bless you all! (I know everyone says that but I had to...)
That’s cool I get you. Yeah I’m a Christian. Nah you don’t sound desperate it’s cool to meet people of the same faith.

Cephalobro

So, is it true that your dream is basically your spirit going into a place that's physically impossible for your body to go to? I was taught that when I was younger.

It's a possible theory that your spirit leaves your body, but they are both still connected, which could explain that once you feel, hear, or touch something in the waking world, it's the cue to your spirit rejoining your body.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
So, is it true that your dream is basically your spirit going into a place that's physically impossible for your body to go to? I was taught that when I was younger.

It's a possible theory that your spirit leaves your body, but they are both still connected, which could explain that once you feel, hear, or touch something in the waking world, it's the cue to your spirit rejoining your body.
If this was true, it would make more sense if, when we dreamed, we saw things that were actually happening in other places. However, we often see in our dreams things that clearly didn't happen, either because they're impossible or because they involve real people who would have experienced it and didn't. So I think it's more likely that our spirits stay inside our bodies.

Although, I think it's worth discussing what it means for a spirit to be "in" a location in the first place, especially since there's really no way to know what the nature of spirits actually are anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom