• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Any Christian fans/players out there?

Cephalobro

Although, I really wish we could hear the older battle songs actually during battle. I still prefer the original "Now or Never!" over the other versions, even though the other versions are still good.

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
Yeah, oh, btw I am learning how to play "Now or Never" and "Calamari Inkantation" on piano and guitar as long with tetris theme A

Cephalobro

I have another headcanon: Inklings and Octolings have a default ink color that they always go back to once they are finished with an ink battle. Just like with eye color and skin tone, it's a genetic trait meant to ensure they always look different from each other. It's possible to change the color of ink, but always only temporarily due to how the genes work to ensure visible differences. The time it takes for an Inkling or Octoling's ink color is variable, but this always happens outside of battle. The default ink color depends on the genes too.

As an example: One's default ink color could be cyan while they temporarily change to purple, which would change back to cyan without the individual even meaning to do it.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

I was curious, who are your versions of Captain (the original Agent 3), Agent 4, Agent 8, and Agent 3 (the new one)?

I'm going to start. All four of my versions are male, two are Inklings and two are Octolings, all four of them have girlfriends matching their species. Having relationships outside of the New Squidbeak Splatoon is quintessential to making sure no threats can derail their lives, oh and I need to mention that this will be really long:

Captain (the original Agent 3) has seen too much in regards to what he has been through, and although he reminisces the good old days of just being your everyday kind of Inkling just playing Turf Wars and Ranked battles, he tries to join a team, but hesitates due to his skills. After he defeated DJ Octavio once, he was able to continue to play Turf Wars and Ranked Battles, but now he got swept up into doing missions for the New Squidbeak Splatoon. Now he's the captain of the group, although, wishes to go back to the times in which he could just play the less serious versions of ink battles. His girlfriend is an orange Inkling Girl.

Agent 4 is an adventurous kind of guy who is eager for action, no wonder he was excited to join the New Squidbeak Splatoon, unlike his older brother (Captain), he is ready for action on whatever missions he is sent to, though recently, he's a security guard for Off the Hook, mainly to make sure there is no intervention with Marina's development of the Memverse, ready to stop anyone who wants to barge into the room. He also used to play Turf Wars, Ranked Battles, and Salmon Run, but stopped due to his tasks with Off the Hook. His girlfriend is a pink Inkling Girl.

Agent 8 is particularly shy after his escape from Kamabo Co.'s railway system and the defeat of Commander Tartar, it seems like he will finally get the normal life on the surface he wanted, until Off the Hook goes on tour, during which he was named Eight. After seeing his own kind Sanitized down there, he was set to help test the Memverse for Marina once the program was fully developed, however, his soul was trapped inside and could only get out by defeating Smollusk, which he did and managed to get back to the real world, though while in the Memverse, he was feeling melancholy, as if his childhood was trying to come back to him, but was failing, so he went back until he completed his Pallete. He used to play Turf Wars, Ranked Battles, and Salmon Run before the Off the Hook tour but has since stopped. His girlfriend is a pink Octoling Girl.

Agent 3 (the new one) looks for scraps alongside his Smallfry pet, unlike his distant cousin, he never faced anything from Kamabo Co., however, he still did have to fight an altered version of his kind, this is when he met Captain, who silently directed him to go into the domes, find the pieces of a contraption that would allow him to cut through the fur, having to fight Deep Cut beforehand. Once he finally made it up the rocket in which he found Craig Cuttlefish dried up, he confronted Mr. Grizz in space, and with some help from DJ Octavio, Mr. Grizz was defeated. Now Agent 3 (the new one) plays Turf Wars, Anarchy Battles, and Salmon Run while visiting both of Inkopolis' hubs while returning to Splatsville from time to time. His girlfriend is a blue Octoling Girl.

Cephalobro

there actually is a canon gender just look it up. :3
There really isn't, there are clear examples of official artwork for the alternate versions existing, plus there's the fact that in every instance, you could customize a previous agent in the game, further adding to the fact that there really isn't a canon gender for the agents.

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
I was curious, who are your versions of Captain (the original Agent 3), Agent 4, Agent 8, and Agent 3 (the new one)?

I'm going to start. All four of my versions are male, two are Inklings and two are Octolings, all four of them have girlfriends matching their species. Having relationships outside of the New Squidbeak Splatoon is quintessential to making sure no threats can derail their lives, oh and I need to mention that this will be really long:

Captain (the original Agent 3) has seen too much in regards to what he has been through, and although he reminisces the good old days of just being your everyday kind of Inkling just playing Turf Wars and Ranked battles, he tries to join a team, but hesitates due to his skills. After he defeated DJ Octavio once, he was able to continue to play Turf Wars and Ranked Battles, but now he got swept up into doing missions for the New Squidbeak Splatoon. Now he's the captain of the group, although, wishes to go back to the times in which he could just play the less serious versions of ink battles. His girlfriend is an orange Inkling Girl.

Agent 4 is an adventurous kind of guy who is eager for action, no wonder he was excited to join the New Squidbeak Splatoon, unlike his older brother (Captain), he is ready for action on whatever missions he is sent to, though recently, he's a security guard for Off the Hook, mainly to make sure there is no intervention with Marina's development of the Memverse, ready to stop anyone who wants to barge into the room. He also used to play Turf Wars, Ranked Battles, and Salmon Run, but stopped due to his tasks with Off the Hook. His girlfriend is a pink Inkling Girl.

Agent 8 is particularly shy after his escape from Kamabo Co.'s railway system and the defeat of Commander Tartar, it seems like he will finally get the normal life on the surface he wanted, until Off the Hook goes on tour, during which he was named Eight. After seeing his own kind Sanitized down there, he was set to help test the Memverse for Marina once the program was fully developed, however, his soul was trapped inside and could only get out by defeating Smollusk, which he did and managed to get back to the real world, though while in the Memverse, he was feeling melancholy, as if his childhood was trying to come back to him, but was failing, so he went back until he completed his Pallete. He used to play Turf Wars, Ranked Battles, and Salmon Run before the Off the Hook tour but has since stopped. His girlfriend is a pink Octoling Girl.

Agent 3 (the new one) looks for scraps alongside his Smallfry pet, unlike his distant cousin, he never faced anything from Kamabo Co., however, he still did have to fight an altered version of his kind, this is when he met Captain, who silently directed him to go into the domes, find the pieces of a contraption that would allow him to cut through the fur, having to fight Deep Cut beforehand. Once he finally made it up the rocket in which he found Craig Cuttlefish dried up, he confronted Mr. Grizz in space, and with some help from DJ Octavio, Mr. Grizz was defeated. Now Agent 3 (the new one) plays Turf Wars, Anarchy Battles, and Salmon Run while visiting both of Inkopolis' hubs while returning to Splatsville from time to time. His girlfriend is a blue Octoling Girl.
All but 8 are male on my end since I usually pick Inkling Boy. But since 8 is a separate character, I go by the canon and pick the female 8.

Bennet

Inkling Cadet
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
not that long ago I found this 2018 Eas warning about the BBC kids shutdown and this is by far the creepiest EAS warning

if you heard this before please Reply to this

Cephalobro

All but 8 are male on my end since I usually pick Inkling Boy. But since 8 is a separate character, I go by the canon and pick the female 8.
My Agent 8 actually looks like the "canon" male version, with green eyes and the lightest skin tone in the game.

And yes, the quotes are there because there isn't a canon Agent 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom