• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Bad Splatoon Suggestions

GoldWatson

Full Squid
NNID
floandgold
Please tell me that respawn is still enabled ;)
In Free For All Yes
In deathmatch, no.
Deathmatch would be played kind of like how csgo is, meaning that there's rounds.

Also, another bad suggestion, Planting some kind of "bomb" and having the other team defuse it
that sounds like cancer.

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
The rainmakers fully charged attack makes a small storm cloud appear over all the enemy players for 5 seconds, and the enemies get instantly killed if they get hit by the rain from it. Ink gets washed up and fired ink dissipates if trying to be shot through the rain.

Splatfest becomes a bracket style tournament that starts with 16 teams, and so a "mini-splatfest" rotates every 6 hours. Depending on when you get eliminated, you get 2,4,8, and 12 snails, and 24 snails if you win. All the themes become really dumb because Nintendo can't think of 8 similar things that they could use together and ends up using food items almost every time, and because the 1st rotation ends at 6:00 AM, half the people who go to sleep at a reasonable time won't be able to participate at all and are locked out of playing for the entire Saturday. You have to choose your team before the fest starts so you can't just choose one of the top 2 teams right at the end.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
You can now stack shirts on your inkling. However, each shirt increases your hitbox and slows you down. Gotta wear 'em all! :cool:

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
New stackable ability: Size Decrease! Your hitbox is reduced. Unfortunately, an oversight means that it's reduced in size by the same amount whether you're in humanoid or squid form, so, by wearing at least five Mains' worth, you make your squid self literally untouchable, even by enemy ink.

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
Bomb rush ..... for beacons
Ha ha, that's creative. I actually spent a few minutes thinking about this. If you can only set the beacons down, that sucks. But if you can toss them around like bombs, I don't know, maybe that's over-powered??? My head hurts....

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
An Atlantis Stage
Also, I completely forgot about this thread, and my creativity is lacking, but I'll try to come up with some bad suggestions too. So I read this a while back and was thinking more about it today.

Atlantis, the underwater level:

1) You can't leave spawn or you're dead.
2) You can't ink, your shots will disperse into the ocean.

Did you guys know that In the event of a tie (the only thing that can happen at Atlantis), Judd will still pick a winner?

So yeah, this would probably produce some of the saltiest squids in history...

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
New gear modifier: Attack Range Up. This here is my scoped e-litre. We're married!

Run Speed Up affects rolling speed on brushes and rollers. You will never catch that inkbrush. You will never outrun that rolling dynamo.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
Snipers only oneshot you if they're a direct headshot and can zoom in and out like a normal sniper in any other shooter. Body shots that aren't headshots are a lot less fatal.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Randomly tripping over your own Ink from time to time, giving the character a tripping animation which leaves them defenseless.
This would mostly affect those with 'Run Speed Up".

Thanks for the idea, Sakurai.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Randomly tripping over your own Ink from time to time, giving the character a tripping animation which leaves them defenseless.
This would mostly affect those with 'Run Speed Up".

Thanks for the idea, Sakurai.
Well some of the team does come for Animal Crossing... but to stop tripping you have to roll a special "no trip triple" on your neutral shoes.

Last edited:

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
Ok, WAY too many posts to go through to make sure this isn't a duplicate, but here it goes...

New main weapon: The spray-paint can.

Stats-

Range: worst
Impact (Damage): worst, by a lot
Fire Rate: super high, but who cares? (see impact)
Ability to Ink: well, it's a spray-paint can, so, worst.

Then there is the fact that you need pressurized air to refill your can. I'm guessing you can only get that at spawn...

Does anyone know how to make the spray-paint can a viable weapon? It would be cool if you do...

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Does anyone know how to make the spray-paint can a viable weapon? It would be cool if you do...
Run speed: best. Like, not just N-Zap fast - at least as fast as the standard swim speed. Sub: Burst Bombs. Main takes up a negligible amount of ink because it paints so thinly, so it actually works all the time, even if your tank is depleted after throwing bombs, until you run out of air. Special could be, I dunno, a mega-spray can which works like a flamethrower and charges up really quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom