• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Cephalobro's SFM Creations

Cephalobro

Okay, so before I begin, I'm actually going to split this story into two parts, the first part will be in spoilers just so it won't add to the cluttering. But I do recommend reading the first part so the second part, which will not be under spoilers, will make better sense so without further ado, here it is.

A new day meant the search for Coral's Octo Shot begins with Coral and Clam's decision on where to go first.

"Okay so to look for your Octo Shot, it's better to start at the most dangerous places first. So I suggest that underground railway first." Clam gives his suggestion.

"Wait, isn't that where the Deep Sea Metro usually stops at?" Coral asks. "I don't know if there are still Sanitized Octarians down there."

"Well, that's why we start our search down there first so that we can continue in a safer place next." Clam explains.

"That's actually a great idea! Just one problem though." Coral accepts but then starts explaining.

"What is the problem?" Clam asks.

"Anyone malicious could find out where we live, which could put the entire neighborhood in danger." Coral finishes explaining. "I'm pretty sure that General Anemone would hate for this to happen."

"You're right, any ideas?" Clam asks a follow-up question.

"I could go undercover, just changing my hairstyle and clothes will make me look different enough." Coral suggests.

As the two brothers discuss the plan further, Kelp and Ocean arrive just in time.

"Hey boys, have you formulated a plan yet?" Kelp asks Coral and Clam.

"We were thinking that I could go undercover." Coral answers.

"Why would you need to go undercover?" Ocean asks, she hasn't heard of the plan before.

"Because he is going underground, where the Deep Sea Metro stops." Clam answers for Coral.

"Can I come?" Kelp asks, hoping her sister lets her accompany Coral.

"Okay, but on one condition: You will come back home before night comes around." Ocean decides.

Later, Coral and Kelp take out their Agent 8 outfits and put them on, then they use a special machine that changes their hairstyles without cutting the tentacles at all. Coral and Kelp now look at themselves in front of the mirror.

"Never thought we would wear these again." Coral says.

"Me neither, but if it's to find your Octo Shot, then it's worth it." Kelp replies.

Clam and Ocean walk in to make sure that the search for the Octo Shot doesn't begin too late.

"Are you two ready?" Clam asks.

"The sooner we start the search, the sooner we can eliminate the Deep Sea Metro as a place of investigation." Ocean points out.

"Yeah, we're ready." Coral answers.

Coral and Kelp make their way to Central Station, the place where the underground train stops at.

"Here we go again." Coral quickly says.

"Let's make our search as thorough as possible." Kelp suggests.

"Yeah, let's do that." Coral agrees.

While Clam and Ocean aren't with them, they still make sure to watch Coral and Kelp through the cameras to make sure that they are safe.

"Hmm... not here apparently." Coral says as he checks each of the lockers.

"I didn't find it yet either." Kelp replies after she checked behind the giant door.

After about 2 hours of searching, the Octoling couple decided to take a break, now sitting next to each other on a row of chairs.

"So, while we take a break, let's discuss our future as parents, I never got to talk to you about it." Coral suggests.

"Yeah, you know, I always wanted to talk about our future." Kelp agrees.

"So, how many Octoling children do you want to have? I think two is enough." Coral starts the subject.

"Two? I want more!" Kelp replies, just as usual without hesitation.

"Wait, more? What about our tentacle children?" Cotal asks.

"Oh right, gotta make sure Clam and Ocean are going to have relatable nieces and nephews." Kelp realizes.

"Plus, with more than two Octoling children, that means that you will have wait for the egg inside of you to develop for some amount of months more than twice." Coral points out.

"I don't mind that actually, I just find baby Octolings to be so adorable." Kelp replies.

"Well, we will try to make it work, just remember that we promised each other that for every Octoling child of our own is born, we must have a tentacle child to protect each one." Coral tries to get Kelp to remember. "Don't worry though, you will be a great mom, I'm sure of it."

"Aw thank you. I know that you're going to be a great dad to them too." Kelp replies

The Octoling couple continued talking about their plans to become parents until they get the energy to resume their investigation.

The Search Begins.jpg

Last edited:

Cephalobro

General Anemone Bio.jpg

Name: General Anemone

Species: Octohurler

Eye color: Blue (the green part of his eye is actually white while the ring around it is black rather than purple/violet )

Appearance: A faded violet Octohurler with an eyepatch over his now scarred left eye. (has rings at the tip of the tentacle, much like the playable Octolings, his lips and eyelids are dark brown)

Backstory: General Anemone has been in an Octarian militia occasionally to fight those who invaded his hometown of Tako Octo, where both he and his younger Octoling sister lived. He was a Sargeant who was skilled enough to spit Rolonium at high speeds as if the Rolonium itself was shot out of a cannon, which splatted rows upon rows of enemies and other invaders. This display of skill caused invaders to eventually give up completely, thus earning him the rank of General. However, the previous conflict against DJ Octavio wasn't so easy as the two Octarians fought tentacle to tentacle in which General Anemone won the fight, but lost an eye in the process.

When his sister cut off one of her tentacles and then 2 years later laid an egg, he promised her and her husband to keep their children safe if they were to leave them in his care. Anemone still keeps that promise to this day, only sending Kelp and Ocean on missions that he knows the two sisters will survive. He also made a commitment to his army to build a new, safer neighborhood on the surface without the risk of falling debris.

After a new Octarian civil war started, he recruited his own army for the first time, with the soldiers being the survivors of a tragic event often referred to as "The Fall" or in extreme terms "The Rain of Debris". The new civil war started because the Octarians in his army were being shut off from any escape from death above them as the domes of Octo Valley started to collapse. He eventually led them to the surface, often marked as the ultimate goal of the mission as well as victory. The Octohurler General kept his promise and immediately gave orders for his army to get to work on finding the perfect spot for a new neighborhood in which Octolings and Octarians will live, the Octarians were in charge of building while Octolings were in charge of getting funds.

Personality: Despite his appearance, General Anemone is actually very welcoming and is willing to forge alliances with other commanders. But only if they leave the Octarian citizens alone. General Anemone is a serious commander and doesn't tolerate rule breakers, he punishes every rule breaker equally, regardless of who they are. As such, those under his command respect him in keeping the entire army in line to follow his orders.

Skills: This Octohurler is no pushover, everyone who ever challenged him to melee combat regretted their decisions afterward. General Anemone is capable of getting even the most rebellious Octoling into his command. He uses these skills well to protect his two nieces when not doing military activity.

Relationships: General Anemone has two nieces, an Octobomber named Ocean and an Octoling named Kelp. A younger Octoling sister who is the mother of Kelp and Ocean. And an Octoling friend (now brother-in-law) who is the father of Kelp and Ocean. He also commands Coral, Clam, Kelp, Ocean, and Shark.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

After 3 days of looking for Coral's Octo Shot, everyone but Coral gave up.

"Accept it, Coral, we're not going to find your Octo Shot." Clam said, even though this hurts him a lot to say it.

"We can get you a new one." Kelp chimes in, trying to soften the situation.

"We are all exhausted and simply want to move on already." Ocean demands, which drew a little bit of anger from Clam and Kelp.

"No, I will keep looking for it until I find it. That specific Octo Shot was originally owned by my dad, so you three might want to call it quits, but I'm not quitting on this search." Coral affirms his decision.

Before any potential argument ensues, Coral's communicator rings as he picks it up.

"General Anemone, I'm surprised you called me on a day off!" Coral expresses his surprise.

"Coral, I heard about your Octo Shot being lost." the voice belonging to General Anemone says.

"How did you hear about it?" Coral curiously asks.

"Kelp and Ocean both told me about it of course. So you're wondering why I contacted you. It's because I found it!" General Anemone gets right into the answer.

"Is that really my Octo Shot, or just a random one from the armory?" Coral is skeptical.

"I know that Octo Shot from anywhere. Your father and I used to be in the same army, this one eye can see the difference." General Anemone answers.

"Then that's great!" Coral says excitedly.

"I will give it back to you on one condition." General Anemone begins.

"Okay, what is it?" Coral asks.

"That you, your brother, and both of my nieces come to camp with me, where I will show you how to fight battles in the wild." General Anemone answers.

The other three overheard the entire conversation, they all replied with a collective "Yes."

"We accept!" Coral says.

"Good, we will go to Camp Triggerfish, but far from the area where Turf Wars take place." General Anemone decides.

With that, Coral, Clam, Kelp, and Ocean went camping with General Anemone the next day after buying camping supplies at Mako Mart. Coral finally got his Octo Shot back and he couldn't be any happier about it.

Camping Trip.jpg

Cephalobro

Recently, Salmonids started invading both Inkopolis and Splatsville as a two-pronged assault as part of the latest Big Run. The first obvious place that was invaded was Undertow Spillway, which is in Splatsville. Unknown to many Inklings, the Salmonids' second assault was in Inkopolis where Grizzco hasn't set up. They even started coming close to the Octarian neighborhood, threatening to destroy it.

General Anemone will never tolerate any threat to the Octarians living there, so he waged war on the Salmonids, thus sending out the Octarians who are part of the Tentacle Troop Unit to fight the attacking Salmonids to not only protect the neighborhood and the innocent Octarians but to also drive the Salmonids off Inkopolis. The Octolings who are part of the Octoling Unit are dealing with the Salmonids at Undertow Spillway in order to break the Salmonids' morale completely to prevent another attempted takeover.

Octarians vs Salmonids.jpg

Cephalobro

Recently Coral and Kelp have been reminiscing about their prom night together when they were halfway done with their mission to escape Octo Valley. Off course, the couple's commander and Kelp's uncle General Anemone hosted it with the sole purpose of making it easier for romantic relationships between Octolings to finally bloom. They were talking about their night right after they had a Turf War against one another, ironically enough. Coral and his team won this Turf War match, but Kelp isn't upset at all, in fact, she only cared that her boyfriend had fun and really didn't care about losing that one.

"Heh, sorry for splatting you during the match." Coral apologizes.

"No need to apologize to me, you won our confrontation fair and square." Kelp responds. "Besides, nothing will break our love for each other."

"Yes, I can be confident that no matter how hard something becomes for us to conquer, we will always come out together on top." Coral agrees. "Remember that prom we had back in Octo Valley? That only fueled our shared desire to have a life on the surface."

As if on cue, the Octoling couple remembered that night that they had, a night they considered magical. However, since they only paid attention to each other that night, their memory only brought each other into their minds.

Prom Night.jpg

Cephalobro

This is my first multi-image SFM, so it may be a bit rough. The text will also be in the images themselves, which is also a first for me. Without further ado, here is Coral explaining what love is:

Splatfest.jpg

Splatfest 1.jpg

Splatfest 2.jpg

Splatfest 3.jpg

Splatfest 4.jpg

I put these images in spoilers for convenience.

Reactions: Tac

Cephalobro

(Unfortunately, this one will have to be split up into two parts, only because Squidboards only allow up to 5 attachments. But don't worry, you don't need to wait a day further to get the second part.)

Coral and Clam were talking about the future of Turf Wars, including what weapons would be legal to use, which brought attention to Coral's Octo Shot.

Promise.jpg

Promise 1.jpg

Promise 2.jpg

Promise 3.jpg

Promise 4.jpg

Cephalobro

(Here's the second part!)

Promise 5.jpg

Promise 6.jpg

Promise 7.jpg

Promise 8.jpg

Promise 9.jpg

Later that day, Coral and Clam told this story to Kelp and Ocean. Kelp didn't believe the story at first, but it wasn't long until she was convinced, thus she promised Coral that she will join Big Man's team too. Ocean decided that she will root for Big Man's team during the Splatfest, which will include Kelp as well.

Cephalobro

General Anemone has ordered Coral to go to squid school. While Coral is definitely in the minority there, he isn't the only Octoling attending. In fact, he's one of the randomly chosen Octolings to attend squid school, selected by General Anemone himself. In order to graduate from that specific school, a student must achieve max freshness on a Snipewriter 5H, something that Coral finds ridiculous, but he's doing it nonetheless. However, as he was trying to achieve max freshness, it seems that he accidentally became popular with the girls, and every girl there had some sort of crush on him.

Some Unwanted Attention.jpg

(Also, I apologize for the extra space, I somehow missed that typo.)

Cephalobro

Uh oh, looks like Shiver had incurred the wrath of two angry Octarians! Frye has gotten off scot-free because she felt yet another sting from a Splatfest loss, but since Shiver won this latest Splatfest, she thought she would be able to avoid feeling the sting, so Coral and Clam decided to punish her themselves. Why was she punished? For bullying Big Man off course!

Karma Hits Back.jpg

Cephalobro

General Anemone has sent Coral and Clam on a mission to stop a criminal organization from carrying out its plan. He is now giving them directions on how to defeat said organization.

Preparing to Fight Criminals.jpeg

Coral and Clam are planning their move as they listen to General Anemone's direction.

Preparing to Fight Criminals 1.jpeg

Coral and Clam take this problem very personally and seriously, considering their bloodline was almost ended more than once.

Preparing to Fight Criminals 2.jpeg

Coral and Clam wait for the perfect opportunity to strike as hard as they can. General Anemone is counting on them to prevent the rocket from launching.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Coral and Clam decided to attack now, not giving a chance for the Toxic Rainbow Syndicate to get an advantage, especially since the criminal organization is wielding dangerously sharp knives!

Fighting Ensues.jpg

After Clam knocked down the orange female criminal by striking her with full force on the legs, she was forced to crawl due to the immense shock of his hit.

Fighting Ensues 1.jpg

Meanwhile, the male blue criminal gets hit right in the face by Clam's powerful tentacle punch!

Fighting Ensues 2.jpg

Coral knocks down the male green criminal with a punch to the neck then proceeds to splat him.

Fighting Ensues 3.jpg

Meanwhile, Coral caught a glimpse of the pink female criminal trying to stab him, so he punched her right in the eye!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom