• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

EarthBound / Mother Series Social Thread - Octopus Erasers Are The Best Inkling Weapons

Ness

Full Squid
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
no mother 3 or mother 4. at least we have mother 1. but apparently that game is gruesomely tedious.
Ugh... Those encounter rates though.
I enter a battle, win, take one step, WHOA ANOTHER BATTLE, win, take two steps, ANOTHER BATTLE WHOAAAAAAA
The atmosphere is still pretty great, even if the game hasn't aged well at all. Still having fun with it.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
Heh, I know Mother 1 is genuinely some people's favorite of the trilogy so I'm not one to rain on their parades,
but I really am a Mother 3 kind of gal.

Got the Lucas DLC and in his victory screen's smile (and hollow, black eyes) completely melts my heart.

Also, how about those new alt. costumes?

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
I have established the D U S T E R B O Y Z. We only use the Duster alt color, and we only kick and use the Rope Snake.
Oh god what a good idea.
I really love how Lucas does nothing but kicks for his non specials, that means he's been getting training from not only Kuma, but Duster too!
As for Mother 4, it's come so far as a fanmade project, I'm an artist but I don't feel I'm at the level to work on M4, it's so daunting and scary! I wish them all the best though.

Also did anyone else cry when Lucas was announced? I sort of broke down since I had zero hope of seeing him again. I had already lost my Ice Climbers too...

Ness

Full Squid
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
Oh god what a good idea.
I really love how Lucas does nothing but kicks for his non specials, that means he's been getting training from not only Kuma, but Duster too!
As for Mother 4, it's come so far as a fanmade project, I'm an artist but I don't feel I'm at the level to work on M4, it's so daunting and scary! I wish them all the best though.

Also did anyone else cry when Lucas was announced? I sort of broke down since I had zero hope of seeing him again. I had already lost my Ice Climbers too...
The tears almost got me. The only reason they didn't get me was because 50% of my mentality was "Lucas! **** yeah!" during his reveal.

Thebluehero

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
YoloSwaggie
Oh god what a good idea.

I can't cry, but I would have if I could

Fakevox

Senior Squid
Nope.

I've got a reputation to uphold. A manly reputation.

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
Oh man, I cried and screamed when Lucas was revealed. My parents were legit concerned that something was wrong, but didn't bother to check up on me to see if I was okay. lol

But yeah, I finally stopped playing Splatoon for a bit to to try out EarthBound Beginnings and pick up where I last left off on EarthBound. Jeez, the former was a little hard when I started out, but after looking up a guide things started getting better. For the later, I got the second melody and I'm currently in Threed right now.

xCoCo

Inkling Commander
NNID
xCelsiusS
I beat M3 on the first go it's too precious I'm almost done M2.

Ness

Full Squid
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
Well, this is interesting. It's Reggie on Mother 3 localization.

http://nintendonews.com/2015/06/fils-aime-mother-3-localization/

He talks about how a Mother 3 localization isn't out of the question, but that he has to consider if the investment into localization for the game would turn a profit for Nintendo, specifically stating that "The Mother / Earthbound series is quite niche". These are pretty brutal facts, but I at least appreciate that Nintendo is being honest about this.

IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO YET, PLEASE PURCHASE EARTHBOUND AND EARTHBOUND BEGINNINGS ON THE NINTENDO ESHOP AND SHOW NINTENDO THAT WE'LL PUT OUR MONEY WHERE OUR MOUTHS ARE AND THAT WE WANT MOTHER 3 TO COME OVER!

WinterIcefox

Inkling
My first time playing Mother 2/Earthbound was on a computer.
I had a BLAST, i believe my playthrought lasted around 30 hours, i loved it so much.
And when it came out on Wii U, god, amazing stuff, revisiting the game once again but now in my TV, incredible.
Now... about Mother 3, i actually bought a repro cart translated to english so i could play it on my GBA.
I hate to say it but i really, really enjoyed Mother 3 alot more than 2.
It's just.. an incredible journey.. full of emotion, the characters really grow into you.
Now i'm about to start on Mother 1 on the Wii U!
And i reaaaaalllyyy hope Mother 3 comes to the Wii U, i'd like to enjoy it but on my TV

WinterIcefox

Inkling
Well, this is interesting. It's Reggie on Mother 3 localization.

http://nintendonews.com/2015/06/fils-aime-mother-3-localization/

He talks about how a Mother 3 localization isn't out of the question, but that he has to consider if the investment into localization for the game would turn a profit for Nintendo, specifically stating that "The Mother / Earthbound series is quite niche". These are pretty brutal facts, but I at least appreciate that Nintendo is being honest about this.

IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE SO YET, PLEASE PURCHASE EARTHBOUND AND EARTHBOUND BEGINNINGS ON THE NINTENDO ESHOP AND SHOW NINTENDO THAT WE'LL PUT OUR MONEY WHERE OUR MOUTHS ARE AND THAT WE WANT MOTHER 3 TO COME OVER!
THIS EXACTLY.
Reggie said Earthbound Begginings (Mother 1) has been selling quite well, i'm glad!
But it seems we MUST SUPPORT and buy it so nintendo see's there's alot of potential in Mother, and hopefully they'll localize Mother 3, i'n buying Mother 1 tomorrow.

Thebluehero

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
YoloSwaggie
THIS EXACTLY.
Reggie said Earthbound Begginings (Mother 1) has been selling quite well, i'm glad!
But it seems we MUST SUPPORT and buy it so nintendo see's there's alot of potential in Mother, and hopefully they'll localize Mother 3, i'n buying Mother 1 tomorrow.
Well actually he said Earthbound (Mother 2) sold well, so it motivated them to release Mother 1 as Earthbound Beginnings. It's too early to say if Earthbound Beginnings has sold well, but if it does, then hopefully Mother 3. I'm not gonna play Mother 3 unless I'm sure they won't localize it XP.

WinterIcefox

Inkling
Well actually he said Earthbound (Mother 2) sold well, so it motivated them to release Mother 1 as Earthbound Beginnings. It's too early to say if Earthbound Beginnings has sold well, but if it does, then hopefully Mother 3. I'm not gonna play Mother 3 unless I'm sure they won't localize it XP.
I'm pretty sure he said Mother begginings has been selling well! i read it on a Kotaku interview, hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom