• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Fact(s) about yourself

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
My favorite animal is the giraffe. Now you know why my username uses a Pokemon based on a giraffe.

I went to three different states in order to pet giraffes. The first state was in Maryland and there was a huge giraffe area and there was only one giraffe out for feeding while the other giraffes were enclosed in a fence. The giraffe set for display wanted to be with the other giraffes and stayed by their fence and did not want to come out for feeding. What a waste of a trip.

Second state I went to for giraffe feeding and petting was in Florida. I managed to feed and pet a bit of the muzzle of the giraffe.

The third state I went to for the sole purpose of petting giraffes was Virginia and here I really petted the giraffes. Probably the best place so far for interacting with giraffes.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I grow hair on the soles of my feet. It's annoying.

littleunknownn

Inkling
NNID
littleunknownn
  1. I write the evening news for a TV station in CA
  2. I went to school for dance, ended up with two degrees that have nothing to do with dance (Media/Communication, Speech)
  3. From all of that, my main focus somehow became politics
  4. I feel weird writing posts at 3:28 AM

AlphaOmegaSplatter

Inkling Cadet
NNID
phs2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-5305-7165-0622
  • My dad was the chief meterologist at a TV station.
  • I moved from VA to PA
  • I have ridden in the front seat of a NYC ambulance (Long story)

SyMag

SOLDIER 1st Class
NNID
PKThunda
  2. I went to school for dance, ended up with two degrees that have nothing to do with dance (Media/Communication, Speech)
But at least you could watch this commercial as you wrote that post!

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I've lived in one city for most of my life (Moving to another city soon)
Couldn't play the original Global Testfire, it didn't fit my hours/I was busy (It's still on my Wii U tho)
I accidentally broke a laptop by tripping over the power cord (It was on someone's lap and they didn't have a secure grip on it so it fell down. The screen got annihilated[The screen is still there, but you can't see a thing on it]and to use we have to hook it up to a computer monitor)

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
Yeah, life/higher education has a weird way of working like that. I honestly dont know anyone who stuck 100% with what they initially attended college for.

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
I've lived in one city for most of my life (Moving to another city soon)
Couldn't play the original Global Testfire, it didn't fit my hours/I was busy (It's still on my Wii U tho)
I accidentally broke a laptop by tripping over the power cord (It was on someone's lap and they didn't have a secure grip on it so it fell down. The screen got annihilated[The screen is still there, but you can't see a thing on it]and to use we have to hook it up to a computer monitor)
You can actually replace laptop screens; just make sure you include the model of the computer when your'e searching for it

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Um
maybe?
*shrug*
I ship MarioxPeach and LuigixDaisy
And Inkling BoyxOctoling
I'm trying to think of more but that's it pretty much

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I choked on a cough drop as I laughed with one in me. I was all alone in the area. Luckily I was still able to reach it with my two fingers and remove it but that scared me and now I have a fear of anything that involves dying due to lack of air. Deep water, outer space, you name it. I also have a hard time with chewing which was a thing since I was born as I believe my mother told me she also had to save me from choking back then.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Oh man, that sucks

As you all know, I'm learning Japanese. And since I taught my sister the phrase "おはようございます" She always says "Ohio, gonzales" and it drives me crazy .-.

Also, we now have a sort of inside joke (well, we have tons of them but)
image.png
every time we see a Nissan now, she says Nissan(stressing out I), and I say にーさん

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
It took until Ralph from Wreck-it Ralph for me to have a husbando. Before that I never found any fictional characters attractive. People say Flynn Rider this and Aladdin that but, nope never felt any attraction. Also the movie made me finally accept CGi animated movies. Before I was one of those "fans" that absouletely despised that CGi replaced traditional animated featutes. Now I don't care what medium it is.

I also bought the entire Disney Store Wreck-it Ralph plush collection, Calhoun Limited Edition Doll, Art book, A shirt and lunchbag from the Disney UK Store that was only sold there thanks to my father traveling to England. Yeah I was obsessed and wanted the movie franchise to do well. Then it was all thwarted by Frozen being successful as it is and making it forgotten by all but the die-hard Disney fans.

Even then I don't hate Frozen for that. I actually liked that Frozen did that. There was a horrible part of the WiR fandom that made everyone else in the fandom suffer and it desperately needed a mercy killing and Frozen accomplished that.

When I get home I can show my WiR plush collection pic with some of the other merch thrown in.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Ever have one of those dreams where you're running in place, unable to get anywhere, and a threat is approaching? That actually happened to me once, at night, with an ice patch and a driver barrelling around a turn not paying attention. I managed to get away but now I have a hearty sense of caution around traffic, yaaaaay.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
It took until Ralph from Wreck-it Ralph for me to have a husbando. Before that I never found any fictional characters attractive. People say Flynn Rider this and Aladdin that but, nope never felt any attraction. Also the movie made me finally accept CGi animated movies. Before I was one of those "fans" that absouletely despised that CGi replaced traditional animated featutes. Now I don't care what medium it is.

I also bought the entire Disney Store Wreck-it Ralph plush collection, Calhoun Limited Edition Doll, Art book, A shirt and lunchbag from the Disney UK Store that was only sold there thanks to my father traveling to England. Yeah I was obsessed and wanted the movie franchise to do well. Then it was all thwarted by Frozen being successful as it is and making it forgotten by all but the die-hard Disney fans.

Even then I don't hate Frozen for that. I actually liked that Frozen did that. There was a horrible part of the WiR fandom that made everyone else in the fandom suffer and it desperately needed a mercy killing and Frozen accomplished that.

When I get home I can show my WiR plush collection pic with some of the other merch thrown in.
I love Wreck it Ralph soooooooo much (Big Hero 6 and The Lego Movie too) The main characters are like the biggest cinnamon rolls ever *scoops up* I will protect them forever

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
I have used cartoons as subjects for my Bachelor's and Master's level paper.

Examples:

I made a paper on World War 2 American propaganda cartoons for my Bachelors. My professor loved it said "it knocked my socks off." This was a core level history class.

I used Azula from Avatar as a subject for my Psychology Masters' paper. My professor also really enjoyed it. Yes I explained that this was from a cartoon.

Might as well enjoy writing the papers in some way, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom